Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The HIM Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭spinalsly

omg i went into get my ticket for HIm today yer man said that their sold out, i hope this was some sick joke of his because i know this guy, anybody know if its sold out or not?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Beecher

spinalsly wrote:
    omg i went into get my ticket for HIm today yer man said that their sold out, i hope this was some sick joke of his because i know this guy, anybody know if its sold out or not?!

According to ticketmaster the tickets are currently not on sale (i.e prob sold out)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,940 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭jmc

Got it too. Third listen and liking it a lot! There's a decent interview with Ville, plus Tarja from Nightwish in the new issue of Rock Sound btw.

Think the gig is close to sell out alright. Unless they haven't released all the balcony tickets yet? Have you tried Soundcellar?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

Listened to it a few times now, Vamp heart, WOAB, Under the Rose, Crimson Door are prob the best, but must say I'm pretty disappointed with the album. If I'd never heard HIM before I really don't think any of those songs would strike me.

Not giving up hope of it growing on me but so far i'd say it's inferior to previous albums.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭merlinsmerryman

IMO a fantastic album been in my cd player since yesterday and I've listened to it about 7 times already reall really good!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭jmc

Playing a second Dublin gig now the following night Jan 17th.

Don't think they're doing Belfast?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭tj-music.com

I grew up on KISS and MAIDEN and all those classic rock bands. I also thought HIM is more like SWEET was in the 70s. just one of those bands with a girlie fanbase. BUT, having said that, I checked them out and was surprised how good they actually are.

I wouldn't say I am converted and turned into a fan but I bought the "Wings of a butterly" single and like it enough to play it on my radio show "The morning show" on Liber8FM 97.3 on November 11th between 8 and 10 a.m.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Pretty good album. I can't stop listening to it at the mo. But it still doesnt top Greatest Love Songs

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭merlinsmerryman

Anybody heard of the songs "You Are The One" and "The Love And Lonely". Ok I have the Deep Shadows album and was looking to get the lyrics the other day and found these 2 "new" songs. Bought album about 10 months. Anybody know if it's been re-issued with these songs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

nobody cares

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

nobody cares
    thats an awful thing too say, HIM are feckin excellent, cant wait for the gig in Jan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 minismile

him are probably the best band to come out of europe in the last 10 years! whether you agree or not is your own opinion but most people become addicted to their stuff after a likl while. i personally dont like them because a certain tv personality ish obsessed with them. i do however think he is a great broadcaster of their stuff and i have do not have anything against bam and i think he ish also a good role model for kids who are not the norm. i do realise i am rambling.. my point just ish this ppl may get into him because of bam but will gradually warm to them and will be a real fan. if you need proof go see them there playing this month. cant wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Ok, I'm not even going to read this thread, I apologise, and YES you are entitled to your own opinion, but seriously...with a name like "Ziggy-Stardust", you consider HIM to be good? I am very disappointed in you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

The funniest part of this thread is the people trying to defend HIM, I like them, going to see them on the 17th, and I saw them in June 2004, but I don't go on big rants about how great they are and everyone else is ****.

I like them just as much as I despise Coldplay, and there's no reason for either, I just do.
    ______66666________99999______
    ____6______66____99______9____
    ___6_________6__9_________9___
    ___6__________69__________9___
    ____6_______6____9_______9____
    _____6____6________9____9_____
    ______6_6____________9_9______
    ______66______________99______
    ____6___6____________9___9____
    __6______6__________9______9__
    _6666666666666699999999999999_
    ___________6______9___________
    ____________6____9____________
    _____________6__9_____________
    ______________69______________

I love stealing other peoples hard work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭liamskater

postponed linde (i think) broke his arm :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 child of bodom

weemcd wrote:
    best band in the world lets not go nuts best band from finland sounds more like it, actually ONLY band from finland

Thats neither true nor accurate, Children of Bodom are from there and they are the amazing band from finland ever!

N what the hell is with bams obsession with him every time i'm watchin late nite tv n i flick to mtv he seems to be on n is always ranting on about how good they are. They're only ok

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

They're terrible, utterly terrible.

Theres loads of bands from Finland that would pwn HIM and COB.
    Its a pity that people do not investigate into metal and its sub-genres, without a doubt they'd find some band that would totally pwn anything they've ever heard before.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Hmm don't know about that now. :)

I really did give HIM a good chance these last few years, listening to all their stuff, but sigh, wish I had never heard of them.
    Oh ya COB are pretty damn pleasing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

Hmm don't know about that now. :)

I really did give HIM a good chance these last few years, listening to all their stuff, but sigh, wish I had never heard of them.

I respect that, at least you gave 'em a chance. I dislike when people call bands **** without listening to them

• Advertisement

huh?? What gig at end of Jan???? Its postponed to 27th april

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

lizard_ge wrote:
    Does any1 kno where i could get HIM tickets for the GIG at the end of january? i think they r all sold out
    try the wanted tickets section of boards and the for sale section.
    Yes it was postponed to 27th and 28th of april.

thank god for that thanks for telin me

bump

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

i have 2 tickets for what would of been the second him gig in Jan, am i right to presume this will only get me into the Friday night gig, the second show ?? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭tj-music.com

I recently bought the "Dark Night" album at a discount rate and just recently decided to give it a proper listen. I think it is excellent stuff. Arguably a bit soft on the mix but I think that the keys add a certain mystique to proceedings and the whole album is well produced and I really like the album.

Thumbs up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

bobbyc wrote:
    i have 2 tickets for what would of been the second him gig in Jan, am i right to presume this will only get me into the Friday night gig, the second show ?? :D
    That would be correct.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Ok i hate to do this, but god dammit WAKE UP, Yes him have some class songs but theres about 4 or 5 of them, EVERY OTHER SONG IS EXACTLY THE SAME. BAH rant over feel free to point and jeer.

Advertisement