Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Hendon Mob game!

Options
  • 25-06-2004 3:59pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

They did thank Poker.ie for the table cloths.

I played in the Mob game which was poorly organised but a good laugh. Got to the final table but had been gutted when a pair was nailed by AQ with a Q on the river.
    Only Ross Boatman made it to the final table from the mob! I clung on by my finger nails (having only twice the blinds) while the others murdered each other and 3 went out before me! Got 40 quid, a nice t-shirt and a nice hat too!

The Mobsters were great, really really cool guys and didnt seem to care that it was badly organised and kinda amateur. They were real gents and funny too.

When they were taking pictures of the finalists and the mob, Ross says "ok can we have a picture of just the finalists now" and the other three mobsters slunk away while Ross was laughing his ass off...

When I left there were no mobsters left playing which felt good! :)

DeV.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Yeah, they were a really nice bunch of lads. Not standoffish at all. And...beatable.

MrP

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

I knocked 2 of them out, can I turn pro now? :D

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

er.. arent you effectively pro now? :)
    No job. No college. Living off recent winnings... sounds like it to me :)
    Next thing you know you'll be playing Omaha hardcore!

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

Nah, I'm just a bum who won a few quid playing poker.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

and thats different from a poker pro... how? :)

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭krattapopov

my apologies to cormie (big game thread) bout the poker.ie being mentioned, must have done it at the start, i arrived late.

I second all the things devore said about the game.

came second myself was very happy with 100 notes and 230 in an account :D

Advertisement