Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dream...arsing...weaver

Options
  • 25-06-2004 5:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭

Dreamweaver is irritating me.
    We're upgraded our IT intranet site, and it's my job to do it. Marketing have supplied templates for the top of the page, borders, menus, etc, so it's easy-peasy my bit.
    The wrote the templates in DreamWeaver, and I'm finding it handy for cut-and-paste stuff and code completion, but today it started annoying me. Basically I have two div tags, one nested within the other. And within the inner one I have a pair of nested tables. It all looks messy in the code, but the page comes out great. However, now I can't make changes to it.

The template has <BeginMakeeditable> tags or something to prevent me making changes the rest of the page (fine by me - saves me having to backtrack if I delete the wrong piece of code). First of all dreamweaver tells my div tags are wrong, either by a nesting or syntax error. I've checked both. They're perfect. It also will not allow me to make any changes. It tells me the document is "locked by a template or translator" and changes will be reversed. I have pasted the code into a new Template, and discovered that it's happy enough with all the other code, but once I stick in the bit with the div tags, it locks the document and won't allow me to make any changes except to add or delete whitespace.

Any Dreamweaver gurus about? :)

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 6,862 ✭✭✭Spocker

Hi Seamus,

Have MX handy at the moment. Any chance you can post/PM the bits of code for a look? Don't need images or anything the bare code'll do...

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Originally posted by Dr. Spock
    Hi Seamus,

Have MX handy at the moment. Any chance you can post/PM the bits of code for a look? Don't need images or anything the bare code'll do...
    Not at the mo. I have MX at home, and I never thought of bringing code home with me.... *smack* :rolleyes: Cheers anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 blondie

that happened me a few days ago
    i copied the code to a text editor and removed any of the greyed out template tags
    pasted back into dreamweaver and was just fine after

Advertisement