Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Papers

Options
  • 25-06-2004 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭

Is there anysite that shows the leaving cert papers?
    i did it last year, but just wanted to see what they were about this year. In any case, can someone tell me what the theme of the English paper was this year?

cheeers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

www.examinations.ie

Should even have applied maths up by now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭subway_ie

The higher level english paper was on the theme of "Work and Play"... might save you haviing to download the whole paper.

I'm impressed with the SEC getting the papers up so fast, even on a Friday evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭Lantis

Took them almost a year to put up the 2003 Japanese paper, 2004 isn't up yet.

Lucky I have copies of it from the exam, nobody else took it.

Originally posted by Lantis
    Took them almost a year to put up the 2003 Japanese paper, 2004 isn't up yet.

At least the SEC don't take the easy way out like the Department of Education used to do - just scanning in photocopies of papers and putting them online, usually a few months after the exams. It'd have been nice to have had all the marking schemes back to 1995 (when they were first published) instead of just the ones back to 1999 though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Number6

Believe it or not, until recently the marking scheme was protected by the offical secrets act, and revealing the marking scheme of a paper post or pre exam could result in imprisonment for the offending tattler AND the person (s)he told :( .

Thank god we dont live in the old century.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Number6
    until recently the marking scheme was protected by the offical secrets act

That was just 9 years ago... There still keeping part of it up (probably a bit more understandable than being protected by the official secrets act) - you can't actually view your marks for the oral exam. It's just a case of adding up what you got in the other segments and taking it away from the total available, but it's still a little weird. Supposed to protect the examiners safety or something... since they're the onl ones you've actually come into contact with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭PrecariousNuts

Woah subway I would never have thought of killing my examiner if I did badly in the oral, thanks for the tip

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Haha, an Irish "official secrets act", what sillyness :) .

And the reason you never see those examiners again?
    No, no, not because you're out of the secondary level education system and they're from somewhere else in the country; they've all gone into the witness protection program...

Originally posted by PrecariousNuts
    Woah subway I would never have thought of killing my examiner if I did badly in the oral, thanks for the tip

Well, you don't need to actually "kill" them - I'm sure a knee capping, or maybe even a few death threats would be just as effective. And you wouldn't have the hassle of a murder trial either. 'Tis a win-win situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Number6

My Oral examiner for Irish knew absolutly everyone in my village, and knew my dad, believe it or not. Which made for some great conversation topics :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement