Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arrgggh constant dropped connection problem?

Options
  • 25-06-2004 6:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭

Over the last 2-3 days my dialup connection, regardless of ISP I use, (UVTIP or IOL) keeps dropping the line every 5 or 10 mins. What can I do about it?

I'm going to check the laptop connection from another house tomorrow to make sure its nothing on the machine thats causing it. But I think its the line, which fails the BB line test and I get different connection speeds from 33k-45k everytime I connect.

Soooo annoying.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭gonker

mine too I thought it was my line too. I tried both iol and utvip....It really is annoying. Tried it on two computers but the same thing is happening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

I heard the latest version of ZoneAlarm had some similar issues, but even after reinstalling an older version I'm still having problems. My conection is dropping after a few minutes now. I can barely get my email and it disconnects and then I have to redial. Browsing the boards.ie or indeed the web is almost impossible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

I think uninstalling the last WinXP update and ZoneAlarm has helped but it still doing it. Every 5-10mins now instead of every 3-4 mins. I'm going to try a different Firewall and do some more virus scans on my PC in case AVG isn't picking up something that causing it.

Advertisement