Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

aRE mCFlurries addictive??

• 25-06-2004 7:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭

i dont know about ye but ever since the mc donalds has been built in our town, people have been getting noticeably fatter.....one of my friends works there as a summer job and sometimes i go down to meet her after work..i dont usually eat in mc d's but i think im getting addicted to those f ucking crunchy mc flurries.they must put something in them --its not natural.isnt there a new film coming out soon about a guy who lives on mc d's food for like month?? he kinda looks like james hetfield from metallica. he gets toxic liver in the end.....

supersizefinal_small.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Only Human

I dont see the big thing about Mc Flurrys. The sundays are nicer. Nice soft ice cream with lovely toffey/chocolate/caramel goo. Those McFlurrys ud' need an ice pick to get thru

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭keu

yes, yes they are.
    It's all part of the American globalisation plan.
    get them addicted, make them fat (in order to conform with american standards), include subliminal messaging on all prodcut packaging and soon they will be eating out of our hands.muwahwah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭munkeehaven

i just cant understand why the guy in the film did what he did...he wasa vegan before he did it....he put on a ton of weight and s hit, cant wait till it gets to our screens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭weemcd

yeah the sundays are much nicer imo havnt had one in ages, i thought they stopped making them then again I havnt been to mcdonalds in ages

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by munkeehaven
    i just cant understand why the guy in the film did what he did...he wasa vegan before he did it....he put on a ton of weight and s hit, cant wait till it gets to our screens
    Making a point. And judging from the advance airplay the movie is getting, he's made that point.

• Advertisement

i can understand that, but he has totally damaged his health...he got ''toxic liver'' and as fair as i know that is really serious.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Tell ya what is addictive, the ****ing cheese on the quarter pounders... hmmmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Only Human

Its all bloody addictive.Even the McFish or what ever its called tastes nice. Fu(ks to Ronald McDonald for managing to make styrofoam addictive!!

i try to avoid eating there..they are trying really hard with their new ''salads'' which you could just as easily make it home. they are like E4.50 or something for a wad of damp chicken, a few limp salad leaves, one or 2 tomatoes, caesar sauce that has lumps in it , and croutons that taste like perfume..ughh. none goes to mc donalds to be healthy..its like going to church to commit a sin

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

By the way, - "Sundays" should be "Sundaes".

More importanly, all fast food places are a pile of ****e. Their food may taste ok from time to time (e.g. when drunk) but that's the only time you should eat it.

All a big pile if ****e...
    S.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Bicky

says in the indo yesterday that the dressing for the ceaser salad is as bad as anything else on the menu.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

I feel quite disappointed that you have appear to read the paper, yet still have to refer to it as the "indo".

S.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Why do you criticize everyones spelling and grammar mistakes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

Originally posted by damnyanks
    Why do you criticize everyones spelling and grammar mistakes?

Because he's far superior to us all :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭neXus9

Originally posted by munkeehaven
    i can understand that, but he has totally damaged his health...he got ''toxic liver'' and as fair as i know that is really serious.....
    yeah, he went through manic depression, nausea and mood swings aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭hostyle

Originally posted by Sinecure
    I feel quite disappointed that you have appear to read the paper, yet still have to refer to it as the "indo".

I'm way more disappointed that you shame the real grammar Nazis. Or should that be: "you have appear to shame"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

Priests sin in church all the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭l3rian

lol @ Sinecure

hmmm gotta love those fudge sundays, not to fond of the mcflurrys at all

i loving all that mcdonalds food, actually i feel like a bigmac right now, anyone who hates fast food, why? its so tasty, and takes about 30 seconds to arrive + ive got a great body so its not unhealthy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Mc D's food is not good for you. It would be akin to smoking. One is not liable to kill you but if you make it a regular portion of your diet then it is not good for you.

http://www.supersizeme.com/ = Good movie to watch. McD tried to belittle it in their recent ad campaign.

Mc D's food is not good for you. It would be akin to smoking. One is not liable to kill you but if you make it a regular portion of your diet then it is not good for you.

it all depends on the amount of exercise you do a day, if calories_burned >= calories_in then your doing fine, + comparing it to smoking is wrong, one cigarette makes me dizzy and cough

i was about to walk down to mcdonalds but it just started to piss rain :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Phil_321

I think that documentary is bit misleading from what I've heard about it. Of course he damaged his health eating fast food three times a day. The same thing would happen if you had a fry-up three times a day for a month. Actually you'd probably be in a worse state. And he also did as little exercise as possible, so of course it was going to fook him up.

It's the fact though that Mc Donald's deny the fact that their food is bad for you, and even have the cheek to portray it as being nutritional.

If he went supersize at every meal, and just constantly stuffed his face, it's pointless in the way that he's overdoing it in Mc D's eyes anyway. If their just normal meals well then he's showing that the food in reality is far from healthy and thier just talking out of their ar*e. Three times a day: Mc Donald's breakfast meal, burger meal and burger meal would be the perfect way to show the public how bad it is after a month.

It's the fact though that Mc Donald's deny the fact that their food is bad for you

lol but its not bad for you, in fact, eating food is good for you
    , and even have the cheek to portray it as being nutritional.

people are so fussy about what they eat, when regular exercise is 100 times more important in terms of how you look and feel
    If their just normal meals well then he's showing that the food in reality is far from healthy and thier just talking out of their ar*e.

the guy did no exercise! :eek: and is blaming his bad health on fastfood like all lazy people do :rolleyes:
    Three times a day: Mc Donald's breakfast meal, burger meal and burger meal would be the perfect way to show the public how bad it is after a month

its been done: www.liquidcalories.com and that guy looks fine to me

lol but its not bad for you, in fact, eating food is good for you
    But my point is that their food is bad for you compared to normal food (steak, chicken, vegtables).
    people are so fussy about what they eat, when regular exercise is 100 times more important in terms of how you look and feel
    Yeah I know what your'e talking about (eg. people going on fruit only diets only to gain it back on in binges once they hit their dream weight)
    I'm just annoyed that they pretend to others that their food is above fast food, that it's actually a healthy place to bring your kids.
    the guy did no exercise! and is blaming his bad health on fastfood like all lazy people do
    He was quite fit before taking the expirement. I have to see how much he actually takes in before I can pass judgment. He seems to be exercising in the trailer but yeah he seems to be overdoing it in the food. Don't forget that there are other aspects about Mc Donald's food like the ingredient which is actually meant to be addictive (It's used in China in some of their noodles).
    its been done: www.liquidcalories.com and that guy looks fine to me
    Interesting. I presume that he exercises a lot. When you think about it, it's probably one of the healthier companies when it comes to fast food (fast food none the less). There still is some dodgy ingredients that are being researched at the moment.

Advertisement