Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lostprophets getting botteled

Options
  • 26-06-2004 12:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭

(at RDS supporting metallica, 25th June 2004, 6 pm)
    If you dont like a band, you leave, you dont come into the pit to hassel them, where has the decency gone, honestly ?
    Lostprophets enter, immediatley the follow up of "**** you" *middle fingers* "you suck cock" *throwing of bottels/bottle opener/s*.
    They started shotuing "Portugal" (due to the win over england obviously) little did the IDIOTS know, lostprophets are welsh !
    They probably consider lostprophets a commercial boy band yet they started moshing at the singles "Shinobi Vs Dragon Ninja" and "Burn Burn" .
    There were ALOT i mean around 20 id say bottles thrown by little retards, they put the band off, performance was mediocre, couldnt hear the vocals,
    A guy behind me threw 1 and i pushed him back and asked him what exactly he was trying to do, "EXPRESSING MY OPINION" say he, told him to buzz off to the back if he didnt like it, so he backed off, said same to his friend.
    My Second Victim
    This Kid, who doesnt even know how to wipe his ass doing the Middle finger, This kid wouldnt know music if it slapped him across the face infinitley, told him to buzz off and he stopped, all a bunch of pussies, wouldnt express their opinion to peoples faces.
    I felt really sorry for the band, surrounded by idiots and from what i seen today metellica fans are totally imature, monotonous, smelly idiots, i might be painting the ol'picture with the same brush but damn right, thousands of people wearing OH SO GOOD METALLICA t shirts, acting like fools, there was a decent minority ofcourse.

And If you need ALCHOL in your system to make you enjoy your favourite band, then youre a weirdo.

Rant over and please dont like the band ? go drink or hump your friends leg.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭ThrAx

Was at the gig. Dont like the lost prophets so i didn't watch them, i stayed out on the grass drinking. Metallica were crap anyway. **** them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭lodgepole

That's exactly why I turned down a e20 ticket for the gig. I saw Metallica in 1997 and 1999 and I could do without seeing them with the kind of pricks who'll disrespect the support act to that extent.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

i was pisssed off by those saps throwing things. whatever about throwing bottles but people were throwing coins. im not a huge fan of lost prophets and i dont think id go see them play their own concert but i thought they were good. better thaqn slipknot on the day imo. they got it nowhere near as bad as linkin park did though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 g00ndp00l

I was there too!!
    remember that big pyramid of people holding the irish flag i was under that!!
    I Totally agree with you Placebo.. There was a horrible amount of little arse holes hell bent on making the gig miserable for everybody The lost prophets were not all that bad in fairness to them..i know some of their stuff and its not bad.

Are you sure you were at the 99 gig in the point Lodgepole?
    Monster Magnet supported that time and although the place was not packed out they got a good reception the point was full of old school rockers that year, shame about all them young idiots ruining it on saturday!!

Would still go to see Metallica if they came over next year, They still sound DAMN good live thats my 6th time to see them and they are just as good now as the first time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭colincarnate

Originally posted by Placebo
    bottle opener/s

:confused:

Yeah? That's a big mad now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭j0e9o

I was at the gig last year and the abuse givin to linkin park was a joke, all these assholes standing giving linkin park the finger and throwing bottles which was relentless throughout their set. Tbh y bother ure the dumbass thats paid in to see them they still get their money and all u have done is taken away the enjoyment from the ppl that are there to see the band. I wish these ppl would serious think of other rather than themselves or looking hard to opress what is seen to be the mainstream

Whoa hold on a second i think these assholes who threw **** at the bands and gave them the finger are immature little freaks who know nothing about decent metal!
    I agree with you there!
    Linkin park did not deserve the abuse they got here last year either did the lost prophets this year,and maybe the darkness did deserve some abuse they were crap in all fairness!
    Bring metallica back to the point and dont let anybody under 21 in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭lodgepole

Originally posted by g00ndp00l
    Are you sure you were at the 99 gig in the point Lodgepole?
    Monster Magnet supported that time and although the place was not packed out they got a good reception the point was full of old school rockers that year, shame about all them young idiots ruining it on saturday!!

I was there, I was saying that rock audiences in this country have changed considerably since then. Monster Magnet got a great reception in '99, and despite the fact that I didn't enjoy them (a shame because I loved them on record and was dying to see them live...) I didn't throw anything at them. Nobody did.

Rock audiences now have this horrible minority of drunken teenage scum bags, and because of them I have pretty much stopped going to any of the big rock gigs in the country.

Yea i completely agree wityh you there,
    That gigin '99 was probably the best one i've ever been to last years was good only because i made it good for myself!
    I dont drink at these gigs so i can listen and enjoy the music and do a bit of moshin, not like these nackers turning up locked and passing out on the grass beside the queue and getting sick all over the place before the gig even starts! its not what rock used to be in the years of the rock garden etc etc.
    It stated on the tickets that under-16's had to be accompanied by an adult!
    in '99 it was under 18's and that should be kept in force STRICTLY!! its the only way to keep the **** out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

It's odd... While I'd certainly concur with the sentiments of immiaturity on the part of a lot of the kids there, and that attitudes definetly have changed since '99 (I thought Monster Magnet were great myself, good show altogether) there's also a part of me that giggles at the thought of a frontman for the likes of Linkin Park or Lost Prophets getting floored by a bottle.

But I don't think this attitude is exclusive to 'Metal' as such, I mean, did anyone else see the pics of David Bowie getting a lollypop in his eye? OUCH!!!

I just think it's a sad fact that the bigger a crowd, the bigger the ratio of assholes. Hence why I beleive small gigs are fundementally better, and Metal just works better with small crowds. Best gig ever was Opeth with Katatonia and Novembre in The Shelter, 2001. Absolutely brilliant gig, and the support was nothing short of fantastic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭the_obsolete

I don't like the Prophets, but no band no matter how bad deserve that kind of teatment, same as Park last year, whom I also hate.
    And I knew sommat was gonna happen with the little ****s during Slipknot...just not what did happen.
    Just in case anybody wasn't in the pit as soon as Corey started singing (sic) all the little ****s went !!BOOM!! and and crashed into everybody...I was at the very back of the pit and still got a smack! Kicked the little **** back though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Dest

to be honest who the hell put lost prophets on the same bill as skipknot and tallica. that was just askin for it. may aswell slap in avril lavigne while ur there like.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Originally posted by the_obsolete
    I don't like the Prophets, but no band no matter how bad deserve that kind of teatment, same as Park last year, whom I also hate.
    And I knew sommat was gonna happen with the little ****s during Slipknot...just not what did happen.
    Just in case anybody wasn't in the pit as soon as Corey started singing (sic) all the little ****s went !!BOOM!! and and crashed into everybody...I was at the very back of the pit and still got a smack! Kicked the little **** back though.

Yeah i agree no band deserves to get bottles thrown at them even if they are crap

I myself did'nt see the lostprophets nor did i want to,but being fair some of their songs are not that bad and they didn't deserve the treatment they got.

Other then that it was a great night and i enjoyed myself

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭BENJIspendlove

metallica own
    lost prophets can suck my cock, they're ****e
    then again i didnt go in to watch them the idea of lobbing stuff is crap, but then again so are lostprophets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭0utshined

I just think it's a sad fact that the bigger a crowd, the bigger the ratio of assholes

Deifnitely true, and with a smaller gig the assholes can get dealt with. Slightly off topic but I remember an Ian Brown gig a few years ago where some tool threw a pint of water at him and soaked him. Ian made a motion with his hands to have the crowd part. Cue one dick standing in the front centre by himself and a microphone swinging down on him before he got chucked out. LOL, it was very funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

TBH bottling isnt on. If yea dont like the group then go haev a drink or get something to eat. Personally I had no interest in seeign the support. So just sat out the front and enjoyed the sunshine.

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Hydromonkey

Could have been worse

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭hostyle

Originally posted by Karl Hungus
    I mean, did anyone else see the pics of David Bowie getting a lollypop in his eye? OUCH!!!

"You little wonder you. You little wonder!"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

[BI felt really sorry for the band, surrounded by idiots and from what i seen today metellica fans are totally imature, monotonous, smelly idiots.

[/B]

:confused:

You only realise that now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 800 ✭✭✭dabhoys

Alot of the people now a days have no respect for the music or the people playing it. I mean we all go out and have our mad ones. But all I saw yesterday was little kuntz out to just rebel cuz there mis understood or some ****. I was at anthrax there the other nite and by god it was an ejoyable gig as it wasn't full of little pre pubesent scumbags who get away from mommy and daddy for the day and they go nuts. Its part of why the older crowd just don't bother going to the gigs anymore. Theres a big difference between rocking out and being a bollox.

I enjoyed the day only for the shower of bastards like that..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭hostyle

Originally posted by dabhoys
    Alot of the people now a days have no respect for the music or the people playing it. I mean we all go out and have our mad ones. But all I saw yesterday was little kuntz out to just rebel cuz there mis understood or some ****. I was at anthrax there the other nite and by god it was an ejoyable gig as it wasn't full of little pre pubesent scumbags who get away from mommy and daddy for the day and they go nuts. Its part of why the older crowd just don't bother going to the gigs anymore. Theres a big difference between rocking out and being a bollox.

I enjoyed the day only for the shower of bastards like that..

That should be stickied. And put on T-shirts. Hell, it should be common sense too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Guys, like to thank everyone for the feeback, alot more decent people at the gig than i guessed ;) then so..
    I really like the lostprophets, i just dont get the part where you need to drop to such a level...... some of the people, honestly, lifeless kids wearing rags, pathetic.

May this be a lesson for LP (take that as you may) never to support the likes of metellica or any other band of that sort and i hope Lostprophets dont take it to heart and come back here for a stand alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭Shred

Hey Dabhoys, you obviously don't remember the gig Anthrax did in the Top Hat (R.I.P.) in '89 - they didn't get a very favorable reception that night and quit the show after 4 tunes due to spitting...

Originally posted by Shred
    Hey Dabhoys, you obviously don't remember the gig Anthrax did in the Top Hat (R.I.P.) in '89 - they didn't get a very favorable reception that night and quit the show after 4 tunes due to spitting...
    #

A bit before my time :) but I have heard all about the Top Hat but I didn't know anthrax got spit off stage!!! Well I'm sorry the crap I saw yesterday was just a bunch of little **** kids. Its not nice to see music is heading that way :(

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

TBH, the concert promoters need to get their act together and enforce the age limit. Now, I didn't go to see the Lost Prophets or Slipknot. So what did I do? I sat in the sun, had a beer and had the craic. Throwing stuff at people who are just there to entertain is not on and I'd say 95% of the people throwing stuff were 17 and under.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭the_obsolete

Easily so, most of the little ****s were getting primed for Slipknot. And of course they then quickly disappeared or shut the **** up for Metallica. Sure I was at the back of the pit for 'tallica and was goin crazy, some of them were pissin laughin at me...SO tempted to smack them one, but realised it'd be a waste of my energy.
    And I agree as well that there should be some sort of enforcement as regards age limits and what not...everybody should have ID or sommat with them...

I agree wit that too. Though it wasn't long ago when I was sneaking into gigs cuz I was underage. But me and me mates weren't at the craic the little ****s are at now.

The simple reason there really isn't a strong enforcement of the rule is greedy promoters. If they enforced it they'd loose alot of €€€ and they wouldn't want that now. But the knock on effect is a bigger crowd and a less over all enjoyment for the band and the people going to see it.

I'm in a band I'd rather play in front of 300 apprciative people over 30,000 **** who will throw bottles at ya.

Its all a load of bollox the kids need to find something else to do wit there time, cuz there mis understood and my parents don't like me I'm so depressed!! Its all ****ing ****. Wat happened to the good old days of just rocking out and having fun. Isn't that wat music is all about. Whether your listening to Britney Spears or Opeth. You listen to music cuz it makes you feel good. You don't do it cuz the the "thing" to do or wat eva the ****.

Just listen to music and **** the bull****.

Guys, like to thank everyone for the feeback, alot more decent people at the gig than i guessed ;) then so..
    I really like the lostprophets, i just dont get the part where you need to drop to such a level...... some of the people, honestly, lifeless kids wearing rags, pathetic.

May this be a lesson for LP (take that as you may) never to support the likes of metellica or any other band of that sort and i hope Lostprophets dont take it to heart and come back here for a stand alone.

I dont think they took it to heart. Ian, the singer seemed to be havin great fun avoiding the bottles. and the bass player seemed quite happy with his new bottle opener.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Spotty_Pr*ck

What the hell were LostProphets doing there supporting Metallica anyway? They are complete sh*t - that's why they got stuff thrown at them.

This kid wouldnt know music if it slapped him across the face infinitley
    :D Says the guy whos username is "Placebo"...

• Advertisement

lol.

lost prophets were supporting metallica because they are friends of theirs and are considered heavy too.

the real question should be, why were the darkness supporting them but they didnt get stuff thrown. and this was before they went really big and got overplayed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement