Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lostprophets getting botteled

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Originally posted by Spotty_Pr*ck
    What the hell were LostProphets doing there supporting Metallica anyway? They are complete sh*t - that's why they got stuff thrown at them.

They aren't complete sh*t, that's just what you think. I'm a Metallica fan, but I also appreciate how good Lostprophets are. If you don't like the band, don't be an ass and throw stuff at them.

It's like when you see a CD of a band you don't like. You just don't buy it, there's no burning or smashing of the CD involved. If there's a band playing that you don't like, just don't go to see them, there's absolutely no need to give them abuse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭David-[RLD]-

Er, maybe Metallica had something to do with letting Lostprophets support them?

I'm disgusted. I didn't go this year but a lot of my friends did and apparently it was just sickening watching Lostprophets get treated like that. Last year the way Linkin Park were harrassed was pathetic. Stupid f**king ****s throwing bottles at a band who are there to play music, entertain, and have a good time. If you don't like the band, go away. Don't throw stuff at them. F**king disrespectful ****s. I'm 16 and my friends are all 16 to 18, and I know that none of us (out of a group of roughly 20) would ever throw stuff at a band, no matter how bad they were.

It makes me sick. :ninja:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

exactly, dont like a cd dont buy it, i feel exactly the same way David-[RLD]-, absolutley disgusted and extremley pissed off.
    dont think they took it to heart. Ian, the singer seemed to be havin great fun avoiding the bottles. and the bass player seemed quite happy with his new bottle opener.

i hope youre right, although ian seemed to be taking it as a joke, he didnt look happy, specially the bassist, not happy at all, i wont mention the drummer cause he was about to jump to right of the pit and knock the **** out of someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

yea the drummer was really pised off as they wre walking of stage he looked so angry. and was giving certain individuals certain hand gestures.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭the_obsolete

Well once again a lot of these ****s would be even younger than 16...me and me g/f just left the pit while the Prophets were playing...why can't people do that instead of throwing stuff?! Disrespectful ****...

• Advertisement

yea the drummer was really pised off as they wre walking of stage he looked so angry. and was giving certain individuals certain hand gestures.
    LOL,yeah, hand gestures !
    jackoff

hehehehe:D

Nah the worst thing I've seen was when I went to see Fear Factroy (gods) and some little prick threw a bottle of water at the bassist whom immediately had to switch basses...that coulda killed him for f*ck's sake!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

I hope no **** like that is brougth to Motorhead.I know a few of my uncles mates who are bikers and are going hopefully they'll sort them out.Why didnt you's just revolt against the kunts and kick their heads in I know its sounds drastic and agressive but if that sh!t happens at Motorhead Im coming out swinging.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Spotty_Pr*ck

Originally posted by Dathai
    I hope no **** like that is brougth to Motorhead.I know a few of my uncles mates who are bikers and are going hopefully they'll sort them out.Why didnt you's just revolt against the kunts and kick their heads in I know its sounds drastic and agressive but if that sh!t happens at Motorhead Im coming out swinging.

But how would you feel if Wheatus were supporting Motorhead? I bet your uncles' biker mates would be pissed.....

• Advertisement

ah thats crap. lost prophets are a heavyish band. They went well with the music being played that day i thouht.wheatus however could not support any band like that. and that is very disrespectful to lost prophets to compare them wwith wheatus.

Ah come on wheatus are a decent enough band

Spotty prick, have you even heard lostprophets ? Honestly, in my opinion they are heavier than metellica, music is much faster and heavier, i dont know if screaming makes a difference but to me at the end of the day Lostprophets seem much heavier but thats besides the point, they are metal, metallica are metal, one can assume that metal fans will enjoy both !

I have no problem who supports who its just the disrepect that others give when another band is trying to perform.Even if wheatus were supporting Id say it would be nice to hear.What I meant by the post was I felt it outragous that some people treat bands they dislike with absolutely no respect,the fact is the band are doing their best and it should be respected and thats why I said the kids should be put into their place instead of letting them humiliate, injure and ruin a possibly excellent performance.Anyone who deprives others of something worth wile that they paid good money for should be thought so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Spotty_Pr*ck

If I pay money for a ticket, I'd want to see a support band that would compliment the headlining band - not some catchy fagrock gimps. If I turn up to a metal gig, I want to see metal bands - not "pop-rock" tripe.
    FYI - I have heard LostProphets, and they totally blow. They are definately NOT metal.

Just for the record, I don't condone what happened at the show, but I'm just playing devils advocate.

attention seeker , please leave, i could tell people that 100% people who posted on my topic somewhat agree with me but NO, here you are the stinking minority, from the gutter, the 1 % that no one cares about, its not about wether you like the band, its un ethical, you cant always get the lineups you want !
    If you think lostprophets are not metal then sorry to burst your bublle there then you dont know metal as well as you think, maybe your judging them from their horrible single " Last Train home" do your self a favour and buy "The Fake Sound of Porgress"

Fagrock ? give me a break.

Complete moronic behaviour was in effect at the show and in relation to your quote of mine my uncle's mates aren't as stupid as the kids at the Metallica concert, even if LostProphets/Wheatus were supporting instead of Sepultura its pretty obvious they'd show respect, like c'mon if you don't like a band you dont assault them with bottles or rocks you stick it out and you may enjoy the main performance far better than you may have because you may get more bang for your buck from Motorhead because you show'd respect to a band to whom you may not particuarlly like, and likewise Motorhead may reward you in return.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭lodgepole

Originally posted by Spotty_Pr*ck
    What the hell were LostProphets doing there supporting Metallica anyway? They are complete sh*t - that's why they got stuff thrown at them.

Whether they are good or bad is irrelevant to the conversation. That those who threw coins and bottles at them are complete arseholes is. I'm amazed that Metallica came back so soon after last years harrassment of Linkin Park, and I wouldnt expect them back too soon after this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭lintdrummer

I felt really sorry for the band, surrounded by idiots and from what i seen today metellica fans are totally imature, monotonous, smelly idiots, i might be painting the ol'picture with the same brush but damn right, thousands of people wearing OH SO GOOD METALLICA t shirts, acting like fools, there was a decent minority ofcourse.

What did u fcucking expect at a METALLICA concert?
    Imature: In comparison to Linkin park last year I thought we behaved well. I didn't throw anything and I don't think anyone shud have, but to generalise Metallica fans as imature is wrong. Maybe it was the Slipknot fans doin the damage? It was only a certain minority giving abuse and the band were cheered after every song.

monotonous: wtf? That makes no sense, monotonous how? U talkin bout the abuse this yr and last yr? Well, if so, the reason these bands get abuse is because they are shyte. If they were anyway decent they wud b playing their own gigs to crowds the size of the Metallica crowd. I wouldn't call it monotonous, more expressive. Better to voice your opinion than to keep it to yourself. Ok so it got abusive, which wasn't right, but its definitely not monotonous.

Smelly idiots: Now you're just being a faggit. Smelly? U tryin to say that in the middle of a 35000 strong crowd, u didn't sweat? Did u come out of the concert smelling like roses? Did u stand still all day, on your own, looking but not moving? Get real. Oh, and the true definition of idiocy is the inability to refer to someone as something other than an idiot. Couldn't you think of anything else to say, genious? U are probably the only person ever who has tried to call a group of ppl imature and made childish, imature comments of your own in the same sentence.

It seems to me that you aren't even a Metallica fan. You've managed to raise the perfectly good question of bottle throwing while simultaneously insulting Metallica fans. Make a point, but don't bring everyone down while doing it. Your point about t-shirts is also ridiculous. Metallica fans wear Met T-Shirts. Its an expression of adoration for the band. What did u expect? Metallica fans to go in dressed like Lost Prophets? Dressed in the most expensive of clothes, Jack & Jones jeans, pretty boy tops and hairstyles, boxers up, trousers down. What a show that wud be.

Think b4 u speak.

Please read the whole thread before you reply.
    Imature: In comparison to Linkin park last year I thought we behaved well
    *claps*, good dog, COMPARISON ? there should be no comparison, its fc:uking MUSIC !
    monotonous: wtf? That makes no sense, monotonous how? U talkin bout the abuse this yr and last yr? Well, if so, the reason these bands get abuse is because they are shyte. If they were anyway decent they wud b playing their own gigs to crowds the size of the Metallica crowd. I wouldn't call it monotonous, more expressive. Better to voice your opinion than to keep it to yourself. Ok so it got abusive, which wasn't right, but its definitely not monotonous.

So your saying decent bands DO NOT SUPPORT ? so your saying metellica never supported any other band ever and just started headlining out of the blue !?
    Monotonous as in the sad antics were monotonous, just being abusive, nothing else.
    Smelly idiots: Now you're just being a faggit. Smelly? U tryin to say that in the middle of a 35000 strong crowd, u didn't sweat? Did u come out of the concert smelling like roses? Did u stand still all day, on your own, looking but not moving? Get real. Oh, and the true definition of idiocy is the inability to refer to someone as something other than an idiot. Couldn't you think of anything else to say, genious? U are probably the only person ever who has tried to call a group of ppl imature and made childish, imature comments of your own in the same sentence.

i did come out smelling like, roses, funny you should mention it, No not every one smelt, only little kids running around being little idiots, if thats hard to grasp then may i be the first one to burst the ol bubble and tell you to wake up.
    It seems to me that you aren't even a Metallica fan. You've managed to raise the perfectly good question of bottle throwing while simultaneously insulting Metallica fans. Make a point, but don't bring everyone down while doing it. Your point about t-shirts is also ridiculous. Metallica fans wear Met T-Shirts. Its an expression of adoration for the band. What did u expect? Metallica fans to go in dressed like Lost Prophets? Dressed in the most expensive of clothes, Jack & Jones jeans, pretty boy tops and hairstyles, boxers up, trousers down. What a show that wud be.

Yeah, my thread carrys a hidden message, your the first one to actually realise it !
    Damn right, il blame metellica fans because they were the ones doing it, i didnt see ne slipknot ones , ones beside me acting like donkeys smelt and were wearing metellica t shirts,
    Take it as you may, moan and groan, il stick to my opinion, i experienced it.

• Advertisement

Listen, I'm not going to lower myself to your level. U wanna refer to me as a dog, its your business, but tbh it just makes u look ignorant and big mouthed. U just showed that u are incapable of making a fair point without resolving to slagging.

I did not say that good bands don't ever play support. What even made u think that? I just said that the support bands for Metallica lately have been useless (apart from Slipknot who really got the crowd going).

Again u generalise Metallica fans as smelly. Don't get me wrong, I'm not offended by that at all. You see I realise that on a sunny day in a crowd the size of the Metallica crowd, its very hot, what wit the jumping/moshing etc. It's natural to sweat and of course it's stuffy and gets smelly. Calling the Metallica fans smelly because of that is, again, childish and imature. Nobody gives a damn bout the smell, either do u, u just said it to slag the Metallica fans. Now that, is sad.

I don't give a fcuk how u smelled. It was a rhetorical question.

Stop talkin shyte and stick to the point.

Oh, and I'm not thick, of course I know Metallica didn't start off headlining. I can guarantee they weren't bottled though, because they were class. I'm saying decent bands get cheered coz of their music. Visa versa for shyt bands. Doesn't matter how big the band is, if they suck, they'll know about it.

What is with you and Metallica T-Shirts? There were tens of thousands of people there wearing them, not just the minority of eejits beside you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I beleive I speak for everyone when I say SHUT THE **** UP!

Thread locked.
    Spotty Prick banned.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement