Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IOL or Eircom?

• 26-06-2004 2:10am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭

Right heres the deal, I want to get bb, if just to improve my ping in Battlefield, however, I am at a loss as to which ISP to use, Eircom are more expensive than IOL however IOL say they cant check my line to see if its compliant, eircom say it is. I assume that if eircom say it will work then IOl should work aswell. But which is really better at the end of the day. Im so confused.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

if the line works with eircom it will work with iol afaik. tbh there is not much reason not to go with iol. they have a larger cap and a cheaper product i think. the only thing is the reliability is not as good as eircom and the pings may be a little higher but not much thats noticable.

if you can get iol i'd go for that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 STEFANMAN

your right,

and u can surf 3 months for free with iol (yes, u dont pay a penny!).
    If u like it u get another month free, if not u can cancel the lot (free of charge), and change to eircom.

Just for the 3-4month trial and checking out their services i would highly recommend IOL!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Originally posted by STEFANMAN
    your right,

and u can surf 3 months for free with iol (yes, u dont pay a penny!).
    If u like it u get another month free, if not u can cancel the lot (free of charge), and change to eircom.

Just for the 3-4month trial and checking out their services i would highly recommend IOL!

Agreed. IOL are by far Irelands best ISP out there atm. There the only company really doing anything for Irish surfers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

I suppose Ill ring IOL then

1800 923 923 :)

then they will give you their direct line so they can get the commision for the sale :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

Originally posted by |.Murderer.|
    1800 923 923 :)

then they will give you their direct line so they can get the commision for the sale :)

do you work for IOL?:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Mutz

Hey lads,

I just ordered IOL BB on your recomendations and forgot to ask the rep if I need to get my caller id switched on at Eircom? I currently have a private number (ex Directory) on my home phone.

Danke

Originally posted by Mutz
    Hey lads,

I just ordered IOL BB on your recomendations and forgot to ask the rep if I need to get my caller id switched on at Eircom? I currently have a private number (ex Directory) on my home phone.

Danke

Macht nichts ob du es an oder aus hast.
    Es gibt aber andere Telefonservices welche Probleme machen koennen.

:)Bitte :)

Danke

DOH! Thats all I Know! Should never have used it now ;)

Power nothing whether you on or out have it. There are to make however different telephone services which problems can

Danke 2 Babelfish, for making an uncomprehensible block of German text into an uncomprehensible block of English text :)

• Advertisement

btw, Im private number as well, and I can get it. And I know many other people who have a private number and have BB as well.

Hope that helps more than Babelfish :)

Cheers Murderer! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

While DSL does use your phoneline, it doesn't use the telephone system, as such, so your phone number has nothing to do with your DSL connection.

Hi,

it simply meant that it doesnt matter if private number is on or off.
    Babelfish again just takes out words and translates them without taking the meaning over.

But your question was answered anyway.

Merci :)

Advertisement