Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

cars damaged last night

Options
  • 26-06-2004 8:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭

did anyone else have their wing mirror kicked off last night?

on my street (in rathmines) nearly every car on one side of the road had a mirror kicked in, even the car in the disabled area

i guessed it was people on the way home from the metallica concert that did it, their mad altogether

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Originally posted by mukki

their mad altogether

They're mad you mean ;) Actually whoever did that was scum not mad. I'd really fear for my metal if I lived in Dublin with only on-street parking. Grrrrrrrr.

Mike.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

i guessed it was people on the way home from the metallica concert that did it, their mad altogether
    That is a stupid remark. It could have been anyone and more likely to have been the usual little scumbags out wandering the streets looking for trouble every weekend.
    After going to the last metallica concert (and all other previous ones) I saw absolutely no trouble before or after and would have my doubts about someone travelling all the way from the RDS to Rathmines to kick in your mirrors.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ChipZilla

Meh, happens on my street every Friday and Saturday night. You soon learn to park with your mirrors folded in after you shell out that first 150 or 200 quid to get the mirror replaced.

Cops don't give a **** so what you gonna do...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Tivoli

Originally posted by kbannon
    That is a stupid remark. It could have been anyone and more likely to have been the usual little scumbags out wandering the streets looking for trouble every weekend.
    After going to the last metallica concert (and all other previous ones) I saw absolutely no trouble before or after and would have my doubts about someone travelling all the way from the RDS to Rathmines to kick in your mirrors.

:rolleyes:

try replacing "stupid remark" with "joke", christ some people

and whats this about "no trouble", call yourselves rock fans? you's may as well start going to westlife concerts

as for the rds to rathmines comment, maybe rathmines is somewhere between where they were and where there going and a taxi just wasn't happening

but yeah they probably were scumbags!

edit -ps i love the sig chipzilla, very original

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

:rolleyes:

try replacing "stupid remark" with "joke", christ some people

and whats this about "no trouble", call yourselves rock fans? you's may as well start going to westlife concerts

Did you start this thread just to have an indirect dig at metallica fans?
    I agree with kbannon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭krattapopov

i agree with Dr. Dre and kbannon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Tivoli

this thread is going off topic.

anyway when i got home from work yesterday a lot of the cars had new lenses stuck onto the old broken ones, will try and pick one of them up tomorrow, might be able to get the frame to clip back in.

as for the metallica off topic crap...
    nope i did not start this as a dig on metallica fans,i got up and found nearly every car on the street had a broken mirror and joked it was someone all full of st.anger on their way home from the concert

but it looks like people from the Music-Rock/ Metal forum are starting to move in so its time i made an apology,

so i am very sorry that i blaimed you fav band (who have gotten old and boring)

dam, sure i used to love metallica, but i prefered napster :p

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Concorde

posted by Dr.Dre
    Did you start this thread just to have an indirect dig at metallica fans?
    God, Dr.Dre'sso stupid! What Mukki is trying to tell you is that wing mirrors were kicked off cars last night. Most of who passed through that street were Metallica fans. So it was more than likely f%£kers from there that attacked those cars. Not a slur on all Metallica fans. GROW UP! COP ON!
    People should be able to park their cars anywhere. When these f£$kers buy a car of their own I hope it happens to them!

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭mudflapgirl

IMHO it don't matter where ppl are coming from or going too.
    I used to live in Dublin (on street parking) and had never had any real trouble. I lived near to both Dalymont and Croker and whenever matches were on - besides being ignorant to the fact that ppl lived there and might like to park in front of their own homes sometime soon - never really caused much trouble.
    I then moved to Kildare, little town (on street parking) Not much goes on except the Punchestown racecourse things (gigs, races whatever) Eminem gig was on - no trouble. Regular in local pub had arguement with Girlfriend on New years eve - kicked the **** out of my car and a few more (broken wing mirrors, smashed headlights, dents etc etc)
    So I moved to Carlow where I have no neighbours and all the parking space I want on my own property.

Anyway my point is, people tend to be just p***** and there's no reason behind it. Repair the damage and go about your daily life. Nothing will/can be done to change ppls attitudes towards other ppls property- ie It's not mine so I don't care.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭Corben Dallas

"Anyway my point is, people tend to be just p***** and there's no reason behind it. Repair the damage and go about your daily life. Nothing will/can be done to change ppls attitudes towards other ppls property- ie It's not mine so I don't care."

Way to go Mudflap :mad: go about your daily life..... what do they give out free wing mirrors in Carlow and come and fit it for free as well!!!!!!!!!
    These type of scumbags who dont give a fig about other ppls prop should be given Community service to teh value of damage done , say about 2 days Comm cerv for every €100 worht of damage. Under 18's, not our problem 'sure we cant control little Johhny anymore' fine then u have the legal right to come around and break all their windows
    And THEN see if they dont give a fig with all their windows broken.
    :mad:

Ireland should not tolerate this kind of pondlife behaviour :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭mudflapgirl

Originally posted by Corben Dallas

Way to go Mudflap :mad: go about your daily life..... what do they give out free wing mirrors in Carlow and come and fit it for free as well!!!!!!!!!
    These type of scumbags who dont give a fig about other ppls prop should be given Community service to teh value of damage done , say about 2 days Comm cerv for every €100 worht of damage. Under 18's, not our problem 'sure we cant control little Johhny anymore' fine then u have the legal right to come around and break all their windows
    And THEN see if they dont give a fig with all their windows broken.
    :mad:
    Ireland should not tolerate this kind of pondlife behaviour :mad:

Eh.....right gonna ignore the stupid comments at the start bout free wingmirrors in carlow et al cause it's fairly obvious you missed my point. And to be honest I can't be bothered to explain it to someone like you.

Did they catch the dreaded wing mirror kicker? No. It was a random act of vandalism. The Gardai won't care without proof. Your insurance company will pay out but why wreck a NCB over a wingmirror.

I suspect I'll see you sitting around somewhere with a gun or baseball bat in your hands to shoot/knock the tar out of anyone who comes near your car. No job eh? ah well I wish I could sit around a guard my car all day but I sometimes go to a place called work - where I do work and get paid for it.

S**t like that happens everyday. The Gardai generally don't care even if you catch the little so and so in the act and have him handcuffed and waiting for them. No amount of moaning on here and bashing people for their opinions will change the fact that at some stage your car is going to be damaged by a little scumbag.

Back in 1994, an American guy on holidays in Singapore decided to vandalise a car. He was caught on CCTV, arrested, and sentenced to 6 lashes. These are basically severe blows to his arse with a powerful rope. There was horror around the world about this sentence, how barbaric it was! So it was reduced to 2 lashes. He still ended up in hospital and was in pain for a week. Bet he hasn't vandalised a car since. I say, bring in sentences like that in Ireland! Bet crime rates would lower dramatically.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,392 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by Concorde
    Bet crime rates would lower dramatically.
    And assaults on gardaí while resisting arrest would rise astronomically.

posted by victor
    And assaults on gardaí while resisting arrest would rise astronomically.
    Al the Gardai will have to do is carry ropes / whips and lash the f$%k out of the b*stards!

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ChipZilla

A surgeon in Glasgow was saying the same thing only the other day: :D

http://www.sundayherald.com/42819

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/tm_objectid=14358246&method=full&siteid=89488&headline=police-chief-blasts-doctor-s-tough-talk--it-s-nonsense-to-batter-neds-name_page.html
    'I am quite certain that legislation in Europe would not condone that approach as a way of dealing with disorder.'

Those spoilsports in Brussels...:D :D

Advertisement