Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

side bar in my computer

Options
  • 26-06-2004 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭

i think the pic explains it all...

mycomputerpic.jpg

i want the side bar where the arrow is in the image to stay put everytime i open my computer and other folders.

i've tried using folder options and things like that but it doesn't work.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

In Folder options switch to not classic.
    And apply changes to all folders.

/me checks it s called Show Common Tasks and apply to all folders or just that one etc:

Leaving it off makes your pc quicker as it doesnt chek all paths on opening things.

kdjac

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

No, he wants a permanent Explorer view. In My Computer, go to: Tools > Folder Options > File Types. Choose "Folder" (not "File Folder"), hit Advanced. In Actions, highlight 'explore' and hit Set Default. Click OK out of all your dialog boxes, and now when you open My Computer, or any folder, it'll have the Explorer view. To show the "common tasks" sidebar again, just hit that button you've been hitting all along.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

dahamsta you're the man, it's things like this is why your the mod to this board !!

:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭hostyle

Hit windows button and E at the same time.

Also: Command line / shortcut options
    Tools > Folder Options > File Types. Choose "Folder" (not "File Folder")

Where exactly does Folder appear then?

folder.jpg

Bah. I get it. You mean folder when sorted by FileTypes ? Under N/A for extensiona.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i just hit the file types tab and it was right there in front of me

• Advertisement
Advertisement