Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wat college u goin to in september

Options
  • 26-06-2004 4:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭

ah now its over.. we al hav college to look forward to :p

wat college ya goin to?..... im goin to dun laoighre college further education 4 a plc in sound engineering :cool:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Burke

i'm hopefully going to UL, prob won't coz of a bent biology exam. i want to do sport science. Prob just end up doing arts in UCD like eveyone else.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

1st choice: NUIG Celtic Studies 405
    2nd choice: DCU Fiontar 325
    3rd choice: UCD Arts 375
    4th choice: St. Pats Humanities Degree 405

Probably get 1st or 2nd though. Changed my mind about Fiontar because you can do your third language abinto [from the start]. So it got bumped up in the options. It's a toss up between Celtic studies and Business with Irish. Lets see how the points go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Burke

wot's Fiontar??

• Registered Users Posts: 14 SlushPuppie

Ballyfermot College of Further Education: computer games design

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Originally posted by Burke
    wot's Fiontar??

Fiontar is the irish for entreprenur. Basically a buisness course through Irish with the aim of working in Europe. Looks like a great course. Quite concentrated because so few apply for it. Should be good if I don't get my first choice.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭PrecariousNuts

Hopefully TCD for either Theoretical Physics or Maths

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭subway_ie

Probably NUIG or UL... still have to decide what course I want to do though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭conZ

GMIT - Construction Management.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Barbie_666

NWIFHE - art and design

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by 2+2=5
    ah now its over.. we al hav college to look forward to :p

wat college ya goin to?..... im goin to dun laoighre college further education 4 a plc in sound engineering :cool:

Lets hope they teach you how to type and spell properly, eh?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Barbie_666

he he he!!!:D :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭snoopish

ah sweet computer science...only 310 points!

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Originally posted by eth0_

I wonder if they do courses in rectal pole removal...

Three more fun-filled days in which to use the CAO change your mind facility :D .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭Elessar

Did my leaving last year, took a year out and in september im going to do Film Production. Oh yes. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭snoopish

so what DOES computer science actually entail?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭oeNeo

http://www.cs.tcd.ie/courses/ba/BAcourse.html#Overview

Hope to get CS in TCD as well, although I might (very likely) end up repeating maths and physics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭oeNeo

Projects.jpg

jesus..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭2+2=5

Originally posted by eth0_

**points** knobhead... why shud it bother u wat i choose to do in college.. and this is a msgboard obviously im not goin to spell perfectly.

awh i hate arrogant ppl that hav to make silly immature comments like u :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Originally posted by CuLT
    I wonder if they do courses in rectal pole removal...

Three more fun-filled days in which to use the CAO change your mind facility :D .

Well Trinity runs courses onj insertion, I think they call it bess or something!

And 2+2=5, I like your name, but really don't call be knobheads

this is a msgboard obviously im not goin to spell perfectly.

Not trying to be a grammar nazi or anything, but why is it obvious that you're not going to use proper spelling on a message board?

• Advertisement

**points** knobhead... why shud it bother u wat i choose to do in college.. and this is a msgboard obviously im not goin to spell perfectly.

awh i hate arrogant ppl that hav to make silly immature comments like u :mad:

I do not like having to read or interpret as the case may be, the way you write. Bad spelling and grammer can be excused to a certain degree, but txt tlk is not cool. It's not that I'm arrogant, I just like not having to put loads of effort into reading a post.

It is not a silly immature comment to ask for you to make a bit more effort, on our behalf, the people that have to read your posts. Because we certainly have to put effort into understanding yours.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

back on track....

trinity collage dublin to do Deaf studies....

(interiew on wendsday, hope it goes well!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

Originally posted by agent smith

What?

sorry couldnt help it man!!

i'm doin CA is DCU, i is common science last year and it bored the arse off me so i'm changin!

best a luck in the interview agent s!

the amaount of time's i've heard that.....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

**points** knobhead...

That's silly and immature too you know :)

Sorry, it just really ticks me off to see how spelling and grammar have gone to the dogs on here. I blame sms! =)

Oh yeah, just re: your course choice, I know a few people who did sound engineering and there's almost no work in it in Ireland, one of my mates last job was doing sound engineering for a country musician touring around the UK - and yes, he is good and well qualified. Cool thing to study, so long as you're ok with having to leave the country to find work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭2+2=5

ye i plan on leaving the country as soon as i can

Originally posted by agent smith
    back on track....

(interiew on wendsday, hope it goes well!)

I'd really love to do that! I saw it in the prospectus. Looked great. You can do it in irish too. But then, I don't have basic sign language so its no good to me. But looks like a great course. G'luck indeed!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭valor

Queen's to do Law and Accounting

Just changed my CAO application for the 4th time.... still only about 40% sure about it.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Jesjes
    I'd really love to do that! I saw it in the prospectus. Looked great. You can do it in irish too. But then, I don't have basic sign language so its no good to me. But looks like a great course. G'luck indeed!

no sign languaged is needed, all can apply!

Advertisement