Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wat college u goin to in september

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭The Shol'va

Go Computer Science TCD!!! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Bullockshaver

Physics& Astrophysics Ucc the points were only 435 last year hopefully they wont go over 460-470. Going skiing for the season next year though ski instructing, taking the year out im only just 17. Too young for college

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭subway_ie

Originally posted by Bullockshaver
    Physics& Astrophysics Ucc the points were only 435 last year hopefully they wont go over 460-470. Going skiing for the season next year though ski instructing, taking the year out im only just 17. Too young for college

I was thinking about ding something similar (not skiing, but working abroad), since I don't really know what I want to do. Haven't bothered to sort anything out though, so I'm probably on my way into a college course I may despise.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Originally posted by oeNeo
    Projects.jpg

jesus..

Ahahahahaha...enjoy partying with those animals ;)!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭oeNeo

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

colins-s.gif She is pretty. Yes, I said she.

:( Indeed!!!!!!!

haha, I'm going to a city with three colleges in it. Has to be SOME fun!!

Originally posted by Jesjes
    haha, I'm going to a city with three colleges in it. Has to be SOME fun!!

Isn't there 2, max? NUIG and GMIT? Or is Galway off the list already?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

No no, Galway is still first choice. Something about a private college. Well that's what I heard.

Still though, TWO really BIG colleges will suffice.

There are loads of "private colleges"... but they're just secondary schools that call themselves colleges. Dunno if you could call GMIT big... anyway, have you ever seen their campus? It's practically in Oranmore. You're right about it being a fun town though... just stay away from CPs when you get here.

If I knew what they were I'd take your advice on board no problems! ;)

Woop for Galway!!

• Advertisement

CP's is a cattle mart/"club". And an overpriced one at that. You'll inevitably be drawn there at some point... but try to resist the urge.

Unless they have a good band and/or good music on, and can serve me a pint of miller, I won't be there.

Woop. I'm all happy. :D

Yeay for college

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Originally posted by subway_ie
    There are loads of "private colleges"... but they're just secondary schools that call themselves colleges. Dunno if you could call GMIT big... anyway, have you ever seen their campus? It's practically in Oranmore. You're right about it being a fun town though... just stay away from CPs when you get here.

There are private colleges as well. Protobelo college dublin springs to mind, as well as the NCI (which was private and is now public) Mostly business courses

Originally posted by Jesjes
    Unless they have a good band and/or good music on, and can serve me a pint of miller, I won't be there.

Cuba all the way then... we'll have to try to get you off of those pints of Miller though. Euch.
    Originally posted by Boston
    There are private colleges as well. Protobelo college dublin springs to mind, as well as the NCI (which was private and is now public) Mostly business courses

Well yeah... but they're in Dublin. I'm fairly sure there are none in Galway city... maybe there's one, but I've never heard of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Originally posted by subway_ie
    Well yeah... but they're in Dublin. I'm fairly sure there are none in Galway city... maybe there's one, but I've never heard of it.

In fairness none of them are that large, and they don't do great business. Theres afew more around the place and I'm sure galway would have some.

i ntoiced you mentioned Cuba, as in the club on capel st dublin?

Originally posted by Boston
    i ntoiced you mentioned Cuba, as in the club on capel st dublin?

Nope - it's the one on Eyre Square in Galway, it's owned by one of the big groups. I don't know if "trendy" is the word, but it's a bit more diverse than your average cattle-mart disco. The website's here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

Originally posted by snoopish
    ah sweet computer science...only 310 points!

Dear jesus...poor kid thinks CS is easy...
    Half the class dropped out because they found it too hard.
    Only half of the remainder passed.

QUOTE]Originally posted by snoopish
    so what DOES computer science actually entail? [/QUOTE]

Dear jesus...poor kid didn't even read his CAO book.

It's programming, dear. No Nintendo, if that's what you expect.

Originally posted by neev
    Dear jesus...poor kid didn't even read his CAO book.

In fairness, all the CAO handbook gives you is a list of course titles and codes. Maybe he can't read the college prospectus - but even they're vague and not very informative.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

Chemical Engineering in UCD.
    I just want lots of money. All I need is a great idea that's never been done before and Im set. Any suggestions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Envy

Didn't do too great in the LC, so my first two choices are gone.

It looks like I'll be doing my third choice, Arts in U.C.D. I still have to decide on my subjects. Hmm.

Dublin should be fun, though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭munkeehaven

lets not count our eggs before they hatch:D ......

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Lol I love the way it comes down to well if I have to I iwll settle for arts!

Not everyone even with the points gets in:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Envy

I didn't say I was "settling" for Arts.

I was simply stating facts: I did not get the points for Journalism, so I am doing Arts, for which I think I definitely got the points. I wasn't implying that Arts is an easy course.

I downloaded some information on the type of material the Arts course covers in the English option, and it looks fairly interesting.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Originally posted by Moonbeam
    Lol I love the way it comes down to well if I have to I iwll settle for arts!

Not everyone even with the points gets in:)

Unless the course points have the * after it, they all do :) .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭-ADREN-

Music In ucc.

Starting to get worried about it though, feel like I mightnt be good enough for it, passed interview but still.

Plus, non of my mates are going there, so ill be going into this totaly blind.

**** it anyways.

Ah, I'm hoping going into it blind is half the fun!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Young Siward

If all goes well its Ec & Finance in UCD for the next 3 years.

Not really sure what I'm letting myself in for though....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭damntheman

I'm starting at Philadelphia University at the end of August. I'm really nervous about moving in and everything, even though it's about a 10 minute drive from my house. I'm going for Psychology. I really didn't know what I wanted to do, all I knew is that I wanted to help people. Those I've talked to told me that Psychology would be a well choice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 sorteddude

medicne in rcsi

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭Lantis

CuLT wrote:
    Unless the course points have the * after it, they all do :) .

Limited places, no?

Advertisement