Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

fahrenheit 9/11.

• 26-06-2004 4:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭

is this movie yet on irish screens?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭cartman

no just released in america yesterday,
    wont be in ireland till middle of august,

so many dud d/ls aswell, cant find a proper rip or screener :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

according to imdb, the uk release date is 9th July. should be out here around that time.

[EDIT] just saw the above post. i stand corrected [/EDIT]
    [EDIT] just saw the post below. i stand un-corrected [/EDIT]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭lodgepole

July 9th is the correct release date for the UK and Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Spacedog

Has anyone seen it on a rip or in the states yet?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Its hasnt been pirated yet so you wont find it online.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

what the hell is all the fuss about this movie?

/me toddles off to imdb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭elvis2002

why on earth would anybody want to go to the cinema to see a docomentary. How anybody could call this ****e a movie i'll never know. I dont think cinema's in ireland will even play this apart from a few of the bigger ones in Dublin, Galway etc. Total Pointless, total political, total american propoganda, total Rubbish.

I'd rather have a ****e than go see this.

Thats my 2 cents.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Er, American propaganda?

Do you know what this thread is about? Are you familiar with any of Michael Moore's other work?

There is a cam version on snova but the sample looks very poor. If there's no decent release in the meantime I'll be off to the cinema to see it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Drexl Spivey

• Site Banned Posts: 105 ✭✭dark_knight_ire

I know whats its about and its left wing tripe, i'll go see it because i found bowling for columbine very good. But Moore is trying to do with this is be a rag head. Won't change my view the war was just. The only leg he has to stand on is that no WMD were found still.

Let history be the judge of the war, as i have do think this film will make a lot of money in the short run

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

someone I know in america said that when she saw the film in a packed cinema, she noticed a lot of people looking shocked and pretty outraged at the links moore shows between bush and the Oil.. people and all that. the film's opening a few eyes to something anyway :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Man Time

Trying to be a rag head? Don't be so ignorant. No WMDs, oh well, at least Halliburton and it's subsidiaries continue to make millions rebuilding Iraq while the Iraqi's get no work out of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭Wacker

May I make a suggestion? Try the politics board folks.

With regards the film, my mate in the states said it was fantatstic. Many people in the cinema cheered at several points. I'll definetely see it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Originally posted by Rew
    Its hasnt been pirated yet so you wont find it online.

Wanna bet :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Originally posted by elvis2002
    why on earth would anybody want to go to the cinema to see a docomentary. How anybody could call this ****e a movie i'll never know. I dont think cinema's in ireland will even play this apart from a few of the bigger ones in Dublin, Galway etc. Total Pointless, total political, total american propoganda, total Rubbish.

I'd rather have a ****e than go see this.

Thats my 2 cents.

maybe some people are interested in documentrys, like me. I wouldn't mind seeing it on the big screen. finally someone is waking up people to whats happening in the whitehouse

Originally posted by Venom
    Wanna bet :D

I was searching the releases on 911 not 9/11 turns out there is a VCD around since the 26th....

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭radiospan

There's no mention of any "release" of Fahrenheit 9/11 on theisonews.com yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

theres plenty on Packetnews.com on XDCC

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

:rolleyes:

i suppose u like films that require no thinking!:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭radiospan

Originally posted by Webmonkey
    theres plenty on Packetnews.com on XDCC

And here: http://67.19.19.67/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Originally posted by plazzTT
    There's no mention of any "release" of Fahrenheit 9/11 on theisonews.com yet.

that's mostly for game releases - they don't update the films as much as nforce or vcdquality.

and yeah there's a CAM released (ie camcorder video and audio) - apparently not the greatest quality.

August's Empire also states July 9th as UK release date.

PS

Why is August's Empire out in June?

Originally posted by Rew
    I was searching the releases on 911 not 9/11 turns out there is a VCD around since the 26th....

;)

Bingo :D

If anybody had the CAM ( from Pirates of The Theatre) they would tell you that its ok qulity (for a cam) and if they watched the first 10 mins or so they would tell ta its bloody good (and a bit scary).

But of coures no one has it coz that would be illegal and under various laws that Bush brought in you would go to jail for longer then most drug dealers.... :eek:

Bush's laws dont effect us over here thank Christ :D

Ahhh but for how long?

Good old Bertie is pushing through everythign the Americans (more to the point big American corporations) want (GM crops, Software Patents, heavy copyright laws) :(

Hopefully this movie will do serious damage to Bushs election campaign. Fahrenheit 9/11 has become the first documentry to become No. 1 in the US box office.

Also Ray Bradbury is demanding an apology from filmmaker Michael Moore for lifting the title from his classic science-fiction novel "Fahrenheit 451" without permission and wants the new documentary it to be renamed."

http://www.cnn.com/2004/SHOWBIZ/Movies/06/21/bradbury.fahrenheit.ap/

Funnily enough Bardbury is working on a movie of his novel....

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MrPinK

Regardless of whether or not you agree with Moore's politics, it's an excellently well made film and worth the admission for just the clips of Bush looking like a complete idiot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭lili

does bush look like a complete idiot or is he a complete idiot?:)

well, here in france, it's not shown yet.
    i want to see it before to speak about it.
    i think lot of americans didn't understand that this movie is a pamphlet. and a pamphlet is obviously made for shocking, but it's matter of facts, even if facts are dramatized a lot by moore.

i have to add to people who said that a documentary is not a movie :

a documentary IS a movie.

Fahrenheit 9-11 is a very powerful movie. It really shows some disturbing things about the current amerikkan government and I dont mean the footage from Iraq. Unlike Bowling for Columbine, its not in the least bit funny but considering the issues in question it shouldnt be.

Everyone should see this movie as its probley one of the most relevent documentries made in current times. If bush does get in again, then amerikka deserves the place in hell its currently rushing towards.

Saying that Micheal Moore deserves another Oscar for this film would be stating the obivious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

24million in 3 days for a documentary has to say something.

hopefully it says that bush is leaving the white house this year..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Saw it in San Francisco 2 days ago and it was good. I't seemed more like a politcal tool to get bush knocked out of the office then anything. Some facts in it again that moore forget to mention(like he was listing all the crap nations like malta who were in the coalition but forgot to mention the uk,spain and italy). Some disturbing scenes in it aswell. The cinema i was in was going mad for it though, seems like everyone in San Francisco hates bush, not to far off in New York either. Its alot more serious then Bowling for Columbine aswell and he is not in it as much. Its also hefty at over 2 hours. But the talk over in amercia now is that it will sway the voters who dont know still who they are going to vote for. But according to the news its still 50-50 between Bush and Kerry. Anyway im in New Zeland now and am going Bungy jumping!

Originally posted by RasTa
    Saw it in San Francisco 2 days ago and it was good. I't seemed more like a politcal tool to get bush knocked out of the office then anything. Some facts in it again that moore forget to mention(like he was listing all the crap nations like malta who were in the coalition but forgot to mention the uk,spain and italy). Some disturbing scenes in it aswell. The cinema i was in was going mad for it though, seems like everyone in San Francisco hates bush, not to far off in New York either. Its alot more serious then Bowling for Columbine aswell and he is not in it as much. Its also hefty at over 2 hours. But the talk over in amercia now is that it will sway the voters who dont know still who they are going to vote for. But according to the news its still 50-50 between Bush and Kerry. Anyway im in New Zeland now and am going Bungy jumping!

Your missing the whole point of the coalition of the Willing segment. It only listed those countries to show what a total joke the coalition was in reality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I dunno dude, i think moore sometimes leaves out the facts to make more of a deal of certain things. And im totally anti-bush.

I heard that when he asked one of the senators was their son going to Iraq he cuts right before the guy tells him his son is heading to Afganistan...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭grumpytrousers

I heard that when he asked one of the senators was their son going to Iraq he cuts right before the guy tells him his son is heading to Afganistan...

That could well be true, however, at a guess, I'd say that Afghanistan isn't half as dangerous as Iraq. Okay - now given the choice of picnic destinations, neither would be in my top ten....but we seem to hear of less day-to-day bombings etc out in Afghanistan. Whether the senator has any input into where Junior is sent on his tour of duty is beyond me, mind!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭cartman

i dunno,
    it was ok, i was really excited about watchin it, searched everywhere for the rip, so so many fakes out, got a screener, was ok quality,not great tbh

it wasnt what i expected,i thought id be suprised more but it looked like we alreeady knew 90percent of what ahd been told,

was a good movie, i wouldnt say powerful it makes bush out to be a complete idiot/retard which he is , i do believe if he gets voted in after that we are all pretty ****ered

;/

Krispie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,539 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Its in the cinema this Sunday (preview). More previews on Wednesday and Thursday, and opens officially next Friday.

where?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Originally posted by Krispie
    i thought id be suprised more but it looked like we alreeady knew 90percent of what ahd been told,

I'd go with that. However there's an awful lot of people out there who know none of it, so if it's opening American eyes as has been suggested here, I'm all for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭l3rian

i seen it :p its quite good, really really anti bush

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭clearz

Great Film just seen it today. God I hate bush. Hopefully so wll the Americans after they see this. What an evil f***er he and his cronies are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

Please, I'm no fan of Bush at all, but the editing in that film was just so selective, in all fairness...

Do you have examples of what you are saying ?

Originally posted by Jeff Bond
    Do you have examples of what you are saying ?

it's michael moore...

bowling for columbine, his books and that god awful tv show are example enough

it might be a decent enough film (i'm not going to call this a documentary) but moore's no better or honest than anyone he's "fighting" against.

he's making a lot of money off your hate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

Moore has actually voiced his approval for people who download this f911 through peer to peer networks and such:

http://www.sundayherald.com/43167

of course he has, what better way to get all the net-geeks on his side?

"corporate america" is dead set against p2p networks, it's only natural that moore would come out in their favour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭ArphaRima

Just watched Farenheit 9/11.

I was disappointed. Nowhere near as good as Bowling for Columbine. Unless the standard at Cannes was particularly poor, the film does not seem to have merited the Palme d'Or.

If you have kept abreast of the news in the last 3-4 years, there will be little uncovered in the film, and in fact it will seem outrageously propagandic. Humorous in parts, but mostly a piece of documentary with one aim; the downfall of Bush in the Election campaign.

Some great footage of pre-interview an pre-speech antics by Bush and his colleagues, and raw footage or bush making an ass of himself, but there are also some extremely racist undertones in the film.
    The Saudis are portrayed as an evil regime for a start. Corrupt they may be, but enemies of America they are not. Also the list of countries supporting the "Coalition of the Willing" was backgrounded with pictures of savagely stereotyped pictures of those countries. If Ireland happened to be in the coalition I'm sure he would have portrayed us as drunk, lucky, and fighting leprechauns eating potatoes and shovelling dirt.

The film is pretty unapologetic for its propagandic nature though, seeing as the mainstream american media is equally so, but it is not a film for anyone up on their current affairs, who knows the background to the facts, figures, and events he gives us on screen.

As for the films primary objective; getting bush out of office, I really hope it does work.

-also posted on Politics-

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭lodgepole

Originally posted by fluffer
    Cannes d'Or.

Palme d'Or

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭ArphaRima

duly edited.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Say what you want about Michael Moore and his editing techniques, there are some facts in the doc/movie that you just cannot get away from and which most of the American public have no idea about

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

All the people who have watched it - is it the CAM version that's on the interweb? Because the quality is supposed to be awful - and I don't care what anyone says - it does ruin your enjoyment of a movie.

Personally, I can't wait till Friday...

• Advertisement
Advertisement