Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

fahrenheit 9/11.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Originally posted by RE*AC*TOR
    All the people who have watched it - is it the CAM version that's on the interweb?

I haven't seen the interweb version, but I didn't find it unwatchable, there is too much going on to notice tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭bug

good film, seen it last night in Ster centuary. Designed for an american audience.
    Moore presents the relationships between the Bush family, saudi oil barons, bin laden family and other corporate heads to present an "alternative jigsaw" of why the war on terrorism came about. with a moore type nudge in the direction of his opinion of course. :) very well done, if not as grabbing as Columbine.The George Orwell quote at the end being disturbingly apt
    But designed to make media brainwashed americans see an alternative way of thinking, and perhaps some facts they may not be aware of. Anything that opens up another way of thinking cant be bad IMO.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

But designed to make media brainwashed americans see an alternative way of thinking,

couldn't have put that better myself, "designed" "brainwashed" "make".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭bug

awh look at you mr. selective quoter media brainwashed was one phrase :D all films are designed to make you feel something, one way or the other, this ones no different!

exactly why this "Piece" should be treated as a propoganda film and not a documentary :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭Wacker

I saw it yesterday. Better than Bowling For Columbine, in my opinion. However, it was very much a film of two halves. The first haf was significantly better than the first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭spanner_head

I watched it yesterday and I have to say another top class documentry by Mr.Moore.
    There were some really disturbing sences in it. It actually made my stomach twist. No doubt it will do the same to the Americans.

I think the Americans who have seen this will now begin to realise what type of person Bush is and hopefully will not re-elect Bush later this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61 ✭✭Freak

exactly why this "Piece" should be treated as a propoganda film and not a documentary

When you consider that for the past 4 years of Bush's presidency the majority of the media coverage has been slanted to a PRO Bush stance, in that light F9/11 can be seen as a long overdue counter to some of the c**p being blow by the White House and Bush's puppet masters.

*shrug*

however it can be "seen", I'm sure it won't be rational and unbiased. It's propoganda.. and there is no good propoganda, it's all designed to lie to us and trick us into believing what we are wanted to believe. Moore doesn't want us to think rationally and reason for ourselves about what bush has done, he is telling us what to think, why to think it and how wrong we were for not thinking it sooner.

moore hasn't ordered any countries bombed, but he has lied to and misled the american people. He may not be an evil "stupid (rich) white man" but he's no working class hero.

he doesn't deserve the praise he's getting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭grumpytrousers

Moore doesn't want us to think rationally and reason for ourselves about what bush has done,

And neither does Dubya...

*head implodes*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Blisterman

I saw it in Ster Century. It does reveal a lot of bad stuff Bush did, like
    The fact that Bush flew Bin Ladens family out of the country following 911. Also about how he confused the public about the war in Iraq
    However as a movie, it's pretty boring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Drexl Spivey

Originally posted by Mordeth
    *shrug*

however it can be "seen", I'm sure it won't be rational and unbiased. It's propoganda.. and there is no good propoganda, it's all designed to lie to us and trick us into believing what we are wanted to believe. Moore doesn't want us to think rationally and reason for ourselves about what bush has done, he is telling us what to think, why to think it and how wrong we were for not thinking it sooner.

moore hasn't ordered any countries bombed, but he has lied to and misled the american people. He may not be an evil "stupid (rich) white man" but he's no working class hero.

he doesn't deserve the praise he's getting.

It sounds like a serious accusation. I d like you to give an example of what you are saying.

Isn t the Bush administration doing the exact same thing (just replace the word Moore by Bush administration above.)

Don t you think it is time that the american public at last is given a chance to see a different view other than the one given by the american media ? Isn t it true that injured and dead marines are coming back from Iraq at night time when there s no witnesses, no media coverage etc ...

Who is lying really ?

How come 75 % of american people believed Saddam was behind 9-11 ?? Are they stupid ? (no) Or is it because the Bush administration cleverly (yes they re not all like Bush) implied a link between both ?

I ask again Who s lying ? Bush admin or Moore ?

Moore may not be 100 percent accurate but can you actually prove him wrong a couple of points he s trying to make in his new movie ? Nobody in america knows the real business that their government is doing. It is true that they are all business men and that the money is actually going to a minority, not the people.
    All they hear and see is bull****, it was time someone show them the other side of the medal.

Some anti-Moore (republicans/conservatives of course not the sissy surrender kind ;o) were talking about a guy who was doing a documentary on Moore in order to reveal to the world how big of a liar he is. Well, where is that documentary ?

To me the poeple who are 100 percent against Moore are afraid of what they can see in his movies and their arguments to prove him wrong are weak and indeed inaccurate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Originally posted by Jeff Bond
    It sounds like a serious accusation. I d like you to give an example of what you are saying.

Isn t the Bush administration doing the exact same thing (just replace the word Moore by Bush administration above.)

Don t you think it is time that the american public at last is given a chance to see a different view other than the one given by the american media ? Isn t it true that injured and dead marines are coming back from Iraq at night time when there s no witnesses, no media coverage etc ...

Who is lying really ?

How come 75 % of american people believed Saddam was behind 9-11 ?? Are they stupid ? (no) Or is it because the Bush administration cleverly (yes they re not all like Bush) implied a link between both ?

I ask again Who s lying ? Bush admin or Moore ?

Moore may not be 100 percent accurate but can you actually prove him wrong a couple of points he s trying to make in his new movie ? Nobody in america knows the real business that their government is doing. It is true that they are all business men and that the money is actually going to a minority, not the people.
    All they hear and see is bull****, it was time someone show them the other side of the medal.

Some anti-Moore (republicans/conservatives of course not the sissy surrender kind ;o) were talking about a guy who was doing a documentary on Moore in order to reveal to the world how big of a liar he is. Well, where is that documentary ?

To me the poeple who are 100 percent against Moore are afraid of what they can see in his movies and their arguments to prove him wrong are weak and indeed inaccurate.

Well said. I agree. Its funny how people fall for media so much...see it on media and they take it as bloody fact all the time.

Originally posted by Jeff Bond

at work, not much time so I will be brief. this is pretty much my point exactly, they're both liars and they are both not to be trusted. Both have their own agendas.

how often do you watch/read/hear the "american media"? have you taken a good hard look at EVERY newspaper and television/radio station? sat down, listened.. made a few notes in your refill pad and then logically decided that the american media was unfairly biased? no i don't think so, I think you just pulled that out of your ass.
    Who is lying really ?

Everyone

Trickery, and stupidity? How come whatever % of people still believe in the fairy tale of Jesus christ? trickery and stupidity, two constant human states of being.

as I believe i said earlier, I haven't seen this film. But going on my experience with moore, I am inclined not to trust him.. just as you seem to be inclined not to trust bush...

I dunno, google?

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Peewee_lane

I saw Farenheit 9/11 last night and it is going to be spoken about when we are turning in our graves.

This film is a wonderfully funny insight to the throne of a moran, and is cleverly edited and narrated with a typical Michael Moore matter-of-fact-har har voice.

You wont believe how much this guys knows.

Its just great and Im not spoiling it for anyone so dont ask but it really is,GREAT.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭Batbat

looking forward to seeing it myself, dont think it will have anything new to say, im sure it will be biased, and not balanced, but how can you be unbiased and balanced about human garbage like Bush

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,989 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

just to balance things out

michael moore freaking ROCKS, my god what an amazing film. I certainly hope the american people wake up and see the lies their goverment is feeding them, michael moore is a great man!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭Batbat

agreed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Peewee_lane

Even better is the beauty of the layout of the film itself.So cleverly edited! I sat with my mouth open throughout the whole thing.Its subtitled and everything so you can actually UNDERSTAND the iraqi's screams when they show war pics, etc.

I salute You Mm

And it will be really interesting now, to see what happens to Mr. Moore? I mean, we live in a time when everyone thinks they know it all, with controversy at its highest.If that guy even dies farting there'll be a nationwide inquest!! The film, like I said before will be spoken about for a long time to come.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

Michael Moore has deemed it ok to pirate his film.
    “I do well enough already and I made this film because I want the world, to change. The more people who see it the better, so I’m happy this is happening.”
    Source SundayHerald

Edit: someone already mentioned this in the other thread. Sorry.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

mordeth what the fcuk are you on about and what is your point

Everybody is a liar, so there is no truth out there at all??:confused:

Ill give ya one bit of truth.....

NO WMD's

And go see the film, you may be surprised and remember we in ireland can now recieve fox news and the like in ireland now courtesy of sky so when can see with our own eyes and ears what crap they are being fed

Your being unfair to alot of people making assumptions that their gullable and will listen to any lefty theory or policy

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

just saw this
    michael moore freaking ROCKS, my god what an amazing film. I certainly hope the american people wake up and see the lies their goverment is feeding them, michael moore is a great man!

do you have a twin:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Drexl Spivey

"The American people can tell the difference between fact and fiction," campaign spokesman Terry Holt told the Washington Post

Footage of Bush paralysed for nearly 10 mn in the classroom of Florida after the announcement of the crash in the twin towers , Waaaoooo did you see those special effects ??!!!

George Lucas must be working with Moore, and all those people/witnesses in the movie, digital caracters ? Unbeliavable what technology can do :p

Let s do things in sequence : 1st watch Moore's movie, then comment and argue .

I personnally watched MSNBC last year when the war started and I was shocked the way they showed things. Not like in Europe at all. I still watch american online news such as washingtonpost, cnn, fox (rarely:it sucks) and when i go over to Boston to visit my family i sometime have time to watch the news.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭bean

I "walked" out of the theatre shook.
    I dont know if im better of knowing what i know about it all.

I am supposed to move to the US. Right now i dont even want to live in a world where people like wolfowitz bush will never get justice.

I havent really talked about the movie with anyone cause where do you start.

That movie didnt cover the "stupid white men" or "colombine territory"......its all too much. I have friends who wont talk about it any more its just too frustrating.

I know scenes of families of soldiers/casualties were forms of emotional manipulation...i know, but i dont care. It gets the point across.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

at work, not much time so I will be brief. this is pretty much my point exactly, they're both liars and they are both not to be trusted. Both have their own agendas.

Yes Moore's agenda is to ensure Bush does not get another term, but stop kidding yourself, Moore is not exactly running for President......

how often do you watch/read/hear the "american media"? have you taken a good hard look at EVERY newspaper and television/radio station? sat down, listened.. made a few notes in your refill pad and then logically decided that the american media was unfairly biased? no i don't think so, I think you just pulled that out of your ass.

As someone said we have Fox, enough said.

as I believe i said earlier, I haven't seen this film. But going on my experience with moore, I am inclined not to trust him.. just as you seem to be inclined not to trust bush...

You continually speak of this distrust and false information, please can you pinpoint it and stop referring to it in a general sense, if you are referring to inaccuracies in Bowling for Columbine then I would suggest you read up a bit, many of these inaccuracies that were pointed out were corrected by Moore himself on his site, I love the way you compare Bush and Moore as if neither of them are any different, well there is one major difference, Bush has alot of blood on his hands.

Finally, you have not even seen the film, until you do, STFU, seriously, you are going on as if Moore purposely makes films, fills them with a load of lies and sits back and watches his bank balance rise. Come on, do you think he would be allowed to release a film if it was propaganda lies?

I will not argue the fact that yes his bank balance has increased considerably i would imagine, but I am of the opinion that monetary gain is not his only motivation to make such films.

Seriously, at least watch the film before coming on and passing comments on a film you have not even seen!

To me, that is just a little narrow minded

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

I think one of the smartest, most balanced articles I've read about Michael Moore comes from OpenDemocracy. The gist of the article, for those who a single page of argument is too much to take in:

"Moore specializes in hodgepodge. He jokes his way past the rough edges. He’s neither journalist nor documentarian, for he doesn’t set out to discover what he doesn’t already know.
    Then again, Moore makes thunderous propaganda, all right, but it’s our propaganda, at last, and much of it is right.
    Moore is the master demagogue an age of demagoguery made. He’s an impresario of spectacle and he corrals people who don’t pay attention to news to pay attention to him and his facts, his footage, his badinage, his sarcasm, his factoid detonations, all of it, indiscriminately, smashing up the complacency that watched George Bush seize power in the most powerful nation in history."

http://www.opendemocracy.net/themes/article-3-1988.jsp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

good thought provoking film, not to be taken as absolute truth. theres so much wrong with Bush it just makes me annoyed everytime I see him. Moore edits it brilliantly, meaning at times its hilarious and then coule of minutes later harrowing sad.
    think everyone should go see it.

Originally posted by Samba

As someone said we have Fox, enough said.

yeah, fox is the only news station in america.

You continually speak of this distrust and false information, please can you pinpoint it and stop referring to it in a general sense, if you are referring to inaccuracies in Bowling for Columbine then I would suggest you read up a bit, many of these inaccuracies that were pointed out were corrected by Moore himself on his site, I love the way you compare Bush and Moore as if neither of them are any different, well there is one major difference, Bush has alot of blood on his hands.

actually, I read moore's "defense" of bowling and it was woeful. He skipped many questions and the ones he did answer, he skimmed through it half arsed.. he had no defense, other than his funny little words and sarcasm. I'll find links later
    Finally, you have not even seen the film, until you do, STFU, seriously, you are going on as if Moore purposely makes films, fills them with a load of lies and sits back and watches his bank balance rise.
    I'm not attacking the film, I'm attacking moore :)
    Come on, do you think he would be allowed to release a film if it was propaganda lies?

ROFL
    I will not argue the fact that yes his bank balance has increased considerably i would imagine, but I am of the opinion that monetary gain is not his only motivation to make such films.

FAME!

I'M GONA LIIIVE FOREVER
    To me, that is just a little narrow minded

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

Come on, do you think he would be allowed to release a film if it was propaganda lies?

Right, I probably should have toned down a bit, sorry for the flame, by this I mean the facts that he released on Bush and his administration(purely in relation to this film and no other, if you are going to go after the most powerful administration in the world, you have no choice but to have all your facts right before doing so) if they were entirely false and pure propaganda, there is no way the film would have been released, that is what I meant by that, probably should have worded completely differently.

Do you think he would get away with adding in parts how Bush and his Pal's went to a stripshow and hired call girls if this was not true?

You are right in saying that he does have good editing techniques, these can clearly be seen in 911, some classic stuff.

I am not entirely convinced that Moore has pure selfish objectives, I suppose I would hope and like to think that he has good intentions but we all know how these good intentions can easily become corrupted.

To be perfectly honest I enjoyed the film, but only the first half, after that it drags on showing the contrast of travesty that the war caused on both sides.

I would be interested in you bringing up the points of weakness in his responses as a matter of interest.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭netman

I don't even care what Moore's intentions are. It doesn't take a college degree to figure out what Bush is about, and if Michael Moore's Fahrenheit 9/11 gets Bush out of the White House then I'm happy.

Whatever moron they elect next couldn't be this bad. No matter which "higher power" the previous american presidents served, at least they had a shred of intelligence and charisma.

Personally, I think Moore is just a filmmaker. He's got a provocative attitude and isn't afraid to speak out, which has gotten him into trouble numerous times before. I wouldn't classify him as a journalist, he's more of a sensationalist. At the end of the day, I believe he's quite enjoying himself, and making lots of money from exposing the corruption and hipocrisy in the american society. From corporate america to the government, you don't need to look too far before you uncover a scandal.

He could be making a brainless teenage comedy, or a special effects filled action adventure, and earning millions. Instead, he's making "documentaries". Nothing wrong with that. I have a lot more respect for him than any Hollywood filmmaker.

I knew most of what the film is about, just by keeping in touch with the world events, reading the news etc. After seeing the film... Well, I was entertained for a while, bored for a while, but most of all after watching all that, I'm scared. You should be too. :)

It's not a documentary, it's a horror film, based on a real story!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭MrBigglesworth

Saw it tonight. Pretty funny stuff at times.
    If one of it's main aims was to make Bush look like an idiot, it succeeds with flying colours.
    One thing I don't like about Moore's documentaries, is the obligatory "shock-factor" clips which he seems to include in every one he makes.
    There are plenty in 9/11, and it certainly brought gasps from the crowd in the cinema I was in.
    He obivously puts them in to get a message across and to make it stick in your mind. I just found it distracting and you're readying yourself for the next "shocking" bit.
    Draws out a bit at the end but it's an alright documentary and very, very well edited all together to get the maximum reaction from the viewer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

"now watch this drive"

saw it tonight liked it, also thought it was a film of two halves, the first half being better than the second one but probably as i just found it more amusing.

quite well done overall and liked the humour.

data

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Saw it last night in UGC screen 3 @ 7:50. There was a fly buzzing arond the cinema and every so often it would land on the glass in fron tof the projector - quite annoying. The movie was good - definetly worth the watch - a lot more somber in tone than Bowling For Columbine - also noteably less of an effort to make tenuous links between things to make a point. Got a minor round of applause at the end. Not something you see every day (except at Shrek 2 !!!!!!!!!:D )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭vorbis

saw it last night.
    Thought it was moore's worst film yet. Over half the movie seemed to be stock video that was just cleverly edited. Honestly it seemed like he phoned this one in. The ridiculign of Bush was done well but did anyone else find it a bit repetitive after the first hour.
    In a way I'm shocked at the very few things he actually accused Bush of. The biggest was the wmd issue. The lick between the Bushes and the Bin Laden family was useful only because of the money. The stuff about the Carlye Group wnet on for ages and all it seemed to prove is that rich Saudis invest in American corporations. Not exactly earth shattering. Surely he could have found some dodgy business deal that unfairly benefited the Saudis.

His coverage of Flint was much better in Roger and I. In this movie he made them look like a bunch of losers. I thought the line "I know George Bush knows about this area. I sent him an email in January" was class. Also is anyone else worried by the insuation that the US should have attacked Saudi Arabia instead of Iraq.

Overall, I thought this was a poorly made film that brought nothing new to the table. It winning the Palme d'Or is obviously an indication of political bias on the part of the judges.

if you liked that bb users can try Alex Jones one at http://100777.com/media/911theroadtotyranny.asf?PHPSESSID=4ea899f70cf58b94317bee594c96aa14 - 911 The Road To Tyranny

266 mb, 2 hours long, good quility, only sound abit poor

Moore profits from 9/11 --with 20/10 hindsight-- after the event. Whereas, Jones predicted 9/11 --on air in July, 2001; made a better movie: '9/11: Road to Tyranny'; and virtually gives it away.

Moore's 'Fahrenheit 911' toys with the idea that 'they' Let It Happen On Purpose[LIHOP]. That's the lame version of reality for the popcorn-brained illiterate left. With backing from the HollyCorp establishment, Moore will now make a bundle.

Jones' '9/11: 'Road To Tyranny' explains how 'they' MADE It Happen On Purpose[MIHOP]. This dangerous notion gets no establishment nod or wink. And Jones is so focussed on the message -not the money- that he let's you copy the movie to educate others....

more at http://www.breakfornews.com/Alex&Me.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

Originally posted by Webmonkey
    if you liked that bb users can try Alex Jones one at http://100777.com/media/911theroadtotyranny.asf?PHPSESSID=4ea899f70cf58b94317bee594c96aa14 - 911 The Road To Tyranny

266 mb, 2 hours long, good quility, only sound abit poor
    Well, that's the most insane thing I've ever seen. Is it satire? All it's missing is David Icke popping up and talking about lizards.

he goes overboard alright but the facts still stand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Spacedog

I feel I must mention, that after seeing this film, I did feel a lot more symphathy for the american people themselves. Moore humanises the plight of the families of the soldiers as he did the victems of columbine by actually talking to ordinary people. I can see that thay are no diffrent from you or me, or Iraqi civilians.

As for it being propaganda! All media is some form of propaganda which reflects the personality of the maker. RTE News has been labeled palestinian propaganda.

Everyone develops a sense of bull**** perception one way or another. Anyone with access to European News who has been watching, British/American News can compare and contrast these sources and come to an imformed opinion of what the motivations of the war on Iraq are.

My opinion co-insides with the opinion Moore expresses in this film. You can nit-pick every word he says trying to comb out a half truth and crusify him over it. but the overall message of the film is Bush is a murdering c**t! and to me that's no lie.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭vorbis

Do you think he would get away with adding in parts how Bush and his Pal's went to a stripshow and hired call girls if this was not true?

just a rather obvious comment that people seem to have missed. Moore can put as many lies into his film as he wants. If someone sued him, he'd milk the pre trial publicity for all its worth. He's be able to claim the establishment is censoring him. Moore effectively can spout what he wants.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Originally posted by vorbis
    just a rather obvious comment that people seem to have missed. Moore can put as many lies into his film as he wants. If someone sued him, he'd milk the pre trial publicity for all its worth. He's be able to claim the establishment is censoring him. Moore effectively can spout what he wants.

So what exactly is in F 9/11 that you would put forward as a lie?
    Just wondering - I didn't notice anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

I thought it was both a good and funny movie.

I loved the way the first half of the movie showed the brillence of Bush and his friends as they maniplated things to there advantage.

Me personley i dont know how bush held in his smile when he was sitting in that classroom and was told of the attack. I was watching him during his speech on the day and he was still struggling to hold in his smile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

There is a film coming out soon that might be good at showing how the right wing neo cons operate in American politics. Its called "The Hunting of The President" and it's narrated by Morgan Freeman and seems to have better production values and hopefully more show more evidence than Moore's film.

I thought Farenheit 9/11 was a really poor film. It didn't really back up anything it was saying and that was really annoying. I'm totally anti bush (him and his cronies are quite scary individuals) and have read a number of books that are much more effective and funnier than this film. His policy seemed to be to throw as much crap as possible and hopefully some of it will stick. Perhaps this is what is needed to enlighten the american people but i find that bit patronising.

I just found the selective editing and half truths damaging to the film and will probably cause more furore than the point of the film...this is dissapointing as there is enough evidence out there to make a fair and balanced portrait about how morrally corrupt these administration is.

I found the scene where he wonders what Bush was thinking when he is informed that his nation was under attack very unfair. So what if he did nothing for 7minutes....he was probably thinking "WTF WTF WTF!!!!OMG, OMG, OMG!!!!" That for me is not something to be ashamed off....Moore with his irrtating voice over asking what he migh be thinking really made me feel sorry for Bush. Not something i'd ever thought i'd say and that sums up this film for me. I'm Anti-Bush but i felt this film was unfair to him....

p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Arthur Krupp

unfortunatly in such a heated debate where you literally have the largest ideological differences since the cold war ended anything, no matter how well put together, will be passed off by one side or the other as "bull"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Originally posted by Dataisgod
    "now watch this drive"

Saw this today also.

A powerfull, moving film. Funny in places and extremely imformative.

btw Anyone have the quote near the end of the film? The one where he totally ****s up? Very funny :D

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Axel

Saw this today also.

A powerfull, moving film. Funny in places and extremely imformative.

btw Anyone have the quote near the end of the film? The one where he totally ****s up? Very funny :D

Absolutely hilarious....but it's like shooting fish in a Barrel with that idiot!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Originally posted by pekelly
    Absolutely hilarious....but it's like shooting fish in a Barrel with that idiot!!!:D

True :D. I kinda felt sorry for him in the beginning, then the war started.......

I actually thought the first 15mins of it was brilliant....it just went down hill so quickly....maybe i'm just bitter it didn't nail that Bollox Bush more and leave him and his supporters with room to wiggle free....

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Originally posted by Axel
    I can do one better - you can listen to it over and over here. And here's the transcript (in spoilers because it's a pretty damn funny way to end the movie):
    George W. Bush: There's an old saying in Tennessee... I know it's in Texas, probably in Tenneessee that says "Fool me once..."
    [pauses]
    George W. Bush: "... shame on...".
    [pauses]
    George W. Bush: "... shame on you"
    [pauses once again]
    George W. Bush: "You fool me, you can't get fooled again..."
    Michael Moore: For once, we agreed.

• Advertisement
Advertisement