Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

fahrenheit 9/11.

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Originally posted by ixoy
    I can do one better - you can listen to it over and over here. And here's the transcript (in spoilers because it's a pretty damn funny way to end the movie):
    George W. Bush: There's an old saying in Tennessee... I know it's in Texas, probably in Tenneessee that says "Fool me once..."
    [pauses]
    George W. Bush: "... shame on...".
    [pauses]
    George W. Bush: "... shame on you"
    [pauses once again]
    George W. Bush: "You fool me, you can't get fooled again..."
    Michael Moore: For once, we agreed.

That link doesnt work :(

Found this though. Would be better without the pauses :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

i cant stop laughin at the bit where bush is signing autographs and someone suggests to him that maybe hes taking too many holidays:

"well they dont understand the definition of work, its amazing what can happen with telephones and faxes(:D )...later i'm gonna be goin through some initiatives...there will be some decisions that i will have taken..."

bushs' mannerisms during the film reveal plenty, his patheic attempts to laugh off allegations just go to highlight the face of a man who has dark secrets or someone who cant think and stand at the same time...its both!!

michael moore pi**es me off, he milks that dead soldiers mother for all he can get...literally of course, he cheapens his arguments with silly lines like "whos your daddy" and all that "maybe i've been hanging out with the wrong crowd" stuff, but if he helps to deny bush a second term...:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Originally posted by User45701
    I loved the way the first half of the movie showed the brillence of Bush and his friends as they maniplated things to there advantage.

I'm sorry... did you see a different film to the rest of us? I saw a man that didn't deserve to be in the White House, that cheated his way to the White House by getting his rich friends, brother and daddy to help him out. That isn't something to be admired, if you do I feel pretty sorry for you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

potato, potato :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭LizardKing

"I'm a war president " ... how does he get away with quotes like that ???? :rolleyes:

I saw it last night , thought it was a good film , I think the people slagging it off have to see where moore is coming from , he is trying to counter-act the propaganda machine of the most powerful man in the world. He has a targeted audience set out , so if it is dumbed down or sensationalist then its because he is trying to get his points across to the average american .... He may well be using propaganda but maybe thats the only way to counter Bush's lies and deceit ...I hope his main aim works and bush does not get in for a 2nd term .....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Originally posted by LizardKing
    I hope his main aim works and bush does not get in for a 2nd term .....
    Wether or not the public vote Bush in ot not, its ultimately the Senate's who choose, he got in before with considerably less votes. and I wouldnt be surprised if he gets in again, a lot of Americans hate the man more than we do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

sorry for doubt post :o

• Moderators Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Azza

Excellent. Can't call it a movie can't call a documentary but nevertheless I really enjoyed. Did not learn anything new though. Already knew Bush was an idiot and the war was a seriously bad mistake.

I particularly liked the spoof on the coalition of the willing. Anyway I endorse.

Advertisement