Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which shortwave radio

Options
  • 26-06-2004 6:51pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Would anyone care to recommend a shortwave radio/world band receiver , with about €200 being the upper price limit, no preference on size. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Superman

I don't think that the shortwave market is really competitive..... check argus!

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Hmm, not many Shortwave radios about but one manufacture comes to mind - Roberts.

Check here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭raster

I think argos stock those Roberts radios on byte's link, see http://www.argos.co.uk/ or get the catalogue

or

get broadband, and listen to remote stations on your computer
    (and listen to Radio 4/world service in stereo not mono LW/SW)

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ChipZilla

The Sony ICFSW7600G is a very good SW radio for the price.

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=%22Sony+ICFSW7600G%22

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Manach, were there specific radio channels you wanted to listen to?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

I have the Sony ICF 7600 since 1986, great little radio and I know they've got better and more sensitive!!! Try www.ogormans.co.uk to get and idea on things. What do you want to listen to??

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

the sony one is generally seen as being one of the better ones on the market. was looking into it a while back.

Advertisement