Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock/Metal board

Options
  • 26-06-2004 7:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭

Just a thought that occured to me while browsing the board...

I like bands like led zeppelin, pink floyd, franz ferdinand, tenacious d, jimi hendrix, oasis, lenny kravitz etc etc...

but are these metal? not at all. in fact i dont like metal too much at all with the exception of a few songs from good bands (mettalica). I cant stand the like of nightwish and children of bodom and all that crap.

So I propose the two boards be split into 2. I think this because if you look at teh board, it is mainly a metal board.

Just an idea! Cheers etc.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

well if it's named rock/metal it means that rock and metal threads are welcome.

maybe there isn't enough people here that like rock and post about it.

it was the same thing for the soccer board someone suggested a eircom league board, but it was decided it wouldn't be used.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭oeNeo

Im with Rnger on this. Split it in two. The forum just reeks of smelly goths.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭krattapopov

I think its a valid idea, maybe a trial run could be organised
    originally posted by Cr3m0
    maybe there isn't enough people here that like rock and post about it.

maybe people dont post about rock bands for fear of being flamed for liking certain bands perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭hostyle

Originally posted by krattapopov
    maybe people dont post about rock bands for fear of being flamed for liking certain bands perhaps?

Maybe they should get over it and realise that its the internet, not Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭krattapopov

Just trying to give a possible reason to lack of rock related posts on the board thats all, no need to be a smart ass

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

that's actually made me change my mind it's a really good idea now when that's said.

i know i don't post in the rock/metal board cos i'd be slayed with taunts " hahaha you like weezer" and so on

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

here's the perfect comeback for anyone slagged over liking certain bands is 'music is about opinion, you cant tell me what's good and what's not'. Unless they like Creed...:D

I think splitting the boards wouldnt work. While it is mainly metal, there is a reason for this, and if its because rock fans are too scared to post.... well thats just stupid. I've posted there about bands like Pearl Jam, who certainly arent metal, and I never got any 'they suck, cos they dont sing about satan' people, why? because they are seen as saps by everyone, even the metal fans.

flogen

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭nesthead

Originally Posted by Rnger franz ferdinand, tenacious d, jimi hendrix, oasis, lenny kravitz

i assumed people talked about the likes of them on Music/Radio, since they are so popular. zepplin and floyd threads would be welcomed.

Just trying to give a possible reason to lack of rock related posts on the board thats all, no need to be a smart ass

My apologies. I wasnt trying to offend. My point was that on the internet, and forums such as this one, you are anonymous to a point.

Everyone should feel free to post what they feel is relevant and on topic. I don't see any reason why anyone would not post something thats on topic to a thread / forum just because they thought they might get flamed over it. I get slagged all the time - here, elsewhere and in real life - I've never taken it personally.

Basically, don't let other peoples egos get to you. They're usually compensating for something else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Jesus lads... If you want to post about rock, post about rock ffs!

Honestly, don't be shy! You don't think there's enough discussion of rock, then don't whinge about it, POST about it! Go start that Jimi Hendrix thread tbh! Dive in, and have some discussion.

The exact same thing happened when people whinged they couldn't post about punk because the board had mainly Metal posts. Would you be just as afraid of posting a thread about Gladiator on the films board because there's too much discussion of Lord Of The Rings, or some similar films!?

On the flip side to the arguement, I don't beleive rock should get it's own board if you're not even bothered posting about it in the first place!?

Get in there and post, ffs!

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Karl Hungus
    Jesus lads... If you want to post about rock, post about rock ffs!

Does that mean that you, personally, will endorse my as yet un-initiated Vanilla Ice thread - now that he has repented and turned to rock / nu-metal? Excellent!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I think you have to give Vanilla Ice some cred, even if just for the sheer cheese factor! He rocked! Go for it.

Advertisement