Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Motorbike Battery Charger

Options
  • 26-06-2004 11:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭

Bought a new battery for my bike today, don't have a charger , and am a little concerned.

Was told it should be fully charged before putting in the bike however don't have a charger. Person behind the counter said just put it in after leaving for about 4 hours (they filled the battery in the shop) and riding should charge it normally.

Am going to fit tomorrow, but a bit concerned that this isnt good for the battery , are bike battery's like older mobile phones ie..have a "learning cycle" ..anotherwords will only charge up to the level it was first used at..thus must be fully charged before usage...

If i put it in tomorrow is this going to make this battery a donkey ?

Also wondering if anyone has recomendations for a good charger , seems like it would be useful, on my old bike left the key in more times than i care to remember which alway discharged it, but was smaller so was easy to run and start it (always charged up fine then after a few miles), but new bike is much bigger and running and jumping on to start isn't really an option.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

Get an optimate III, they're not too expensive, in or around the 40 euro mark i think. Very very small and light, charges and checks the battery for you. Handy for anything 12V and for refreshing your battery every now and then, which is a good thing. Most bike shops have em.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Originally posted by bugs
    Get an optimate III, they're not too expensive, in or around the 40 euro mark i think. Very very small and light, charges and checks the battery for you. Handy for anything 12V and for refreshing your battery every now and then, which is a good thing. Most bike shops have em.

That gets great reviews everywhere i've seen on the web thanks for suggesting.

Where does the power source come from though??, can it be plugged into the mains ?

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Originally posted by Longfield
    That gets great reviews everywhere i've seen on the web thanks for suggesting.

Where does the power source come from though??, can it be plugged into the mains ?

Arse. The Marauder battery was "sealed, and should never need replacing". I *really* need a manual for my bike :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

Yup, its plugged into the mains, comes with loads of handy connections for easy use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Gmodified

u can put the battery in, if they did good job in the shop, it should have nearly full charge anyway, pass the danger mark.

main thing with bike battery is

if you leave bike unused for long period of timeh, it will discharge and die

• Advertisement
Advertisement