Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom/indigo proxy server down?

Options
  • 27-06-2004 10:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,404 ✭✭✭

I have been connected to the internet using the eircom dialup flatrate package for a few months now. When I setup the connection initially and installed IE 5 (from an eircom CD) it configured IE to use the proxy server www.proxy.indigo.ie on port 82. Just in the past couple of days, IE suddenly stopped working (wouldn't load any webpages) After a bit of messing about I found that if I set IE to connect directly to the internet things are fine.

Anyone know what's happening here?

If I connect directly could this affect my flatrate. If I bypass the proxy could the server be fooled into thinking that I'm not a flatrate customer and therefore start charging me by the minute. Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question, but I don't know much about this stuff :)

BrianD3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭zenith

Nope, you don't have to use the proxy if you don't want to. Nothing to do with the dialup you're using.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭Duffman

Is there any advantage to using the proxy?

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Cryos

Its suppose to be safer from what i heard?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭ando

safer and faster.

You can use 'webcache.eircom.net' on port 82 aswell

Advertisement