Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Best Champ Game??

• 27-06-2004 11:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

Come on the best champ game is 01/02 it rocks and isnt slow at loading like the new champs with wee dots that bounce around the screen!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

I bought it the other day on the soldout label. It keeps saying I dont have enough memory to run it etc. So I check out the eidos website. Any comp with over 512ram seems to get this and there is no fix for it at all.

I even went as far as to unplug half the ram (512) leaving me with 512, still same issue. I cant remove anymore as they are 512 chips.

sucks :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 -=BARNIE=-

That sucks ur missin out on the Best champ. Maybe u should by a custom made PC to play it on thats wat i'd do the game rocks so much :Dwww.aria.co.uk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

if your having a problem with the game, talk to the experts - not the people who put the boxes in the shops :)

http://www.sigames.com/sibase.php?type=view&id=69

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

if your cm3 engined game is crashing on a Pentium 4 PC - this fix if for you: http://www.sigames.com/sibase.php?type=view&id=122

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Thanks for the links will check it out now :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Originally posted by -=BARNIE=-
    Come on the best champ game is 01/02 it rocks and isnt slow at loading like the new champs with wee dots that bounce around the screen!

Back to original point....cant see how you tink 01/02 is? it was so easy! playing 03/04 now and started with the Mighty Shef Wed in the second division! at least a bit of a challange!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Irish04

01/02 is good, Love playin Celtiv Carrers on it!

CM4 is good too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,595 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

01/02. Simply the best. Will never be surpassed IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

The new games are a chore 00-01 is the best :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Back to original point....cant see how you tink 01/02 is? it was so easy! playing 03/04 now and started with the Mighty Shef Wed in the second division! at least a bit of a challange!
    how are you gettin gon with that? i did the same thing and i'm in teh champions league after 3 seasons :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Boro

CM 01-02 was by far the best in the series.

IMO CM4/03-04 took 1 step forward and 2 steps back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,343 ✭✭✭Ardent

I was playing CM 01/02 right up to when I bought my new PC a few weeks back. CM4 was a disaster (hated it) and I never bothered buying 03/04. 01/02 was crashing in XP on my new P4 system - I will check out links posted above and see if I can get it running again - best game in the series!!

Does anyone know if there are any 04/05 updates for CM 01/02?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

Definitly 00/01, would also love any updates for it if it were possible ... probably like it because it's so easy ... just won my third league title in a row with liverpool (that's 4 in total and two runner ups).... and waiting for a to get a decent international job so I can win the world cup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Where's the fun if it's a walk over.
    You need a challenge, and 00-01 is not a challenge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Makaveli wrote:
    Where's the fun if it's a walk over.
    You need a challenge, and 00-01 is not a challenge.

Are any of them really a challenge if you know what you're at ?

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 250 ✭✭SeamusAFA

01/02 is defintley the best. Playing it now actually.
    I downloaded the new one yesterday. did not think much of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Big Ears wrote:
    Are any of them really a challenge if you know what you're at ?

No, not really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

01/02 without a doubt. All this updated training is doing my head in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭treefingers

i'm of the same opinion of the majority here: cm4 was terrible, and cm 01/02 will never be surpassed for sheer addictiveness!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

03/04 is the best I have found, been playing CM series since 1994 and this is the only version where I have not had any errors, then again I have been this game with Madrid for over 13 months now so maybe when I change clubs I will encounter errors.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

In my humble opinion, 03-04.

Having said that, I haven't played 01-02 in a long, long time. I'll have to give it a go one of these days.

I'll get back to you.

Advertisement