Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My custom case...

Options
  • 27-06-2004 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭

Finally finished it today, just got to put it all together... Have to pick up a mobo ltr so i'll do it then... Heres some picks of it anyways.

Started off as a beige desktop case, u'll notice theres no drive bays in it. The cd rom drive sits on the side of the case externally... the motherboard backplate is on the top of the case. Theres no power button cause i've a wired remote box that i'm still workin on.. includes usb, headphone/mic jacks, power button will post picks when its done. The finish is what i wanted, very very smooth n reflective. Gave it a good wax n resin polish...

let me know what u stink...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

nice case. My da's guitar is identical to the one in the second photo :D

That things an antique, it's older than me... Im bored now, time to plan a new case. Gonna build the next one from scratch.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

yeah id say my da has it nearly 30 years

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Is that chickenwire type stuff the same stuff that boy racers love to plaster all over the front of their cars?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭colm_c

It's a boy racer's version of a PC...

Where are the go faster stripes and tinted windows?

Its mesh off a home radiator cover... The tinted windows r on the cd rom drive. I'm workin on the go faster stripes :o

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Don't forget the air scoops, spoiler and furry dice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Man Time

THat dummy in the back looked like a naked chick for a nano second. I like the subtle autobots logo

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

You should try incorporate the wig into the case!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Spotty_Pr*ck

That case looks sh*t. Well done.

"That case looks sh*t. Well done." Well done on what??

I did have an air scoop on it but took it off, putting a spoiler on soon to cover the cables at the top n the spots came off my furry dice in the washing machine(they really did!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Spotty_Pr*ck

Originally posted by unklerosco
    Well done on what??

I presume it's a joke case, and it was meant to look crap - that's why I said "well done" on achieving your goal.

O, thats okay... Of course its a joke case. I built it just for you, did it make u laugh?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

My furry dice are on the way and I'm also working on my go faster stripes :ninja:

Spotty_pr*ck, perhaps we could have a look at some of your work to entertain us a bit too? No fair! You get to have all the fun :p

Nice job unklerosco.

ps - don't feed the trolls.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Jesus everyones being a bit friggen harsh, its 10 times better than anything i could ever come up with, and the finish is excellent.

Maybe the colour isnt to ur taste but the mesh is an excellent idea for ventilation.

Some people are so ignorant :(

Spanks, Didn'y use the case in the end... I tend to spend as much time with the cover on as with it off and this case wasn't practical for that but i've learnt a good bit from doing it. Planning a new case, gonna build it from scratch... from solid wood:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

I think it looks pretty decent. Nice finish .

Where is the hole for the ports etc? How does it switch on? Or do you have it all stealthed?

Connections r up top.... Plan was to stealth them... Power usb ports where in a wired remote breakout box...

U really have to see the finish in the flesh, takes a while to get it like that.. The waxing gives it a great shine

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

Wow, alot of work went into that then? I know how hard it is to get such a nice finish, many cans of lacquer?

• Advertisement

Just the one can... Bout 8 thin coats n a lot of light sanding(1200grit) then two tcuts n a wax n polish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Whats the purple wig for? Something youre not telling us...unkleroscina?!?

My sisters a fashion designer.... r so she thinks she is.

Advertisement