Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M&S Fleurie gone screwtop.

• 27-06-2004 3:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭

Bought a bottle of one of my favourite light-bodied reds in M&S yesterday and when I got home and proceeded to open it, horror of horrors, it had a screwtop cap on it. No cork!!

What is the world coming to? Spoiled my day it did!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 eoinm

why? was the wine crap? I must say I've never had a bad experience with a screwtop closure. Also it being a young wine, a screw top would be ideal, and it keeps the cost down for the consumer. All positives from what I can see

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by Sarsfield
    Bought a bottle of one of my favourite light-bodied reds in M&S yesterday and when I got home and proceeded to open it, horror of horrors, it had a screwtop cap on it. No cork!!

What is the world coming to? Spoiled my day it did!

Er, it's a supermarket wine, probably no more than 3-4 years old, hardly a classy wine that you're going to store in your cellar for a special occasion!

I prefer screw tops, as I am a weak girlie :-) Although sometimes screw tops defeat me too :-(

Advertisement