Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"server busy" message

Options
  • 27-06-2004 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭

over the past few days every time i switch on the computer it come up with a 'server busy' giving me an option to 'switch to', 'retry' or 'cancel'. it says "this action cannot be completed because the other program is busy". no matter what i press it just keeps popping up and goes after a while.

probably a virus, im always 1st to get them. im sick of downloading removal tools and firewalls, finally bought mc afee internet security suite, thought that would sort me.

on a side note, windows media player opens automatically every time i start up. plus it wants to connect to the internet.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭theone

There's two things you can do seen as you have seemingly elimanted the virus angle,
    I'm assuming you have anyway.
    go into windows---> run -- type msconfig

Then go to startup nd unchk the box where it has windows media player,same can be said for the server thing that keeps popping up on u find that if it's there nd uncheck that too.

The easiest way to do it is to get a hold of wintools.net pro it does all those things for you and it has a handy gui to help you. http://wintools.net/ pro is the propreity version ,theres a free version for download too.

Advertisement