Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[REQUEST]Cheapest iRiver ihp120

• 27-06-2004 4:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭

Its all in the title...so far the cheapest ive found is 340 euro including shipping. Anyone help me out? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

And also is the 20gb one available in black rather than silver ?

decided to go for the ihp 140 for 380 euros, anyone know where it can be bought cheaper ? Harvey normans in swords sell it fro 499 :eek: .

Thanks everyone...youve been a great help:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

The cheapest I can find in France including P&P to Ireland is 492€

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

aye thats the place where its 380 euros. It say its most likely the cheapest place apart from

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0001BRITE/qid=1088527501/sr=8-1/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i1_xgl23/103-4372915-0536621?v=glance&s=electronics&n=507846

where its 314 euros + postage ( they dont post to Ireland )

So 380 must be my best bet...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,876 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Originally posted by Tusky
    aye thats the place where its 380 euros. It say its most likely the cheapest place apart from

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0001BRITE/qid=1088527501/sr=8-1/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i1_xgl23/103-4372915-0536621?v=glance&s=electronics&n=507846

where its 314 euros + postage ( they dont post to Ireland )

So 380 must be my best bet...

Yes, mx2 seems to be the best.

Also you can only get the iHP-120 in black in the US.

BTW welcome to the iRiver fan club, I've a US iHP-120.

but you can get the ihp140 in black in UK and Ireland yea ? It looks WAY nicer...although im yet to see one in person , Do they look good up close ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,837 ✭✭✭✭cormie

less hesitation, more buying!!!

I've the 140... ooof. yum! and by the way Davey, if you were referring to the IHP when you said copying you, I had it before ya;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

That's true Cormie, you have very good taste, an eye for style.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,876 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

but you can get the ihp140 in black in UK and Ireland yea ? It looks WAY nicer...although im yet to see one in person , Do they look good up close ?

Yes, I've had both the Silver EU iHP-120 and the black US iHP-120. They both look really good, but the black is slightly nicer.

More Darth Vader and the dark side to wossy girl Luke Skywalkers, light side iPod :)

The iHP is also more masculine, while the iPod is more feminine looking.

They look real good up close, but I rarely take it out of its protective case and it is usually in my pocket, so you usually only ever see the remote.

They have them in peats if you just want to take a look.

• Advertisement

With such a piece of machinery I don't really care about it's looks. I do like the look of it though. It looks like serious business.

I think the original poster has got the right idea anyway, it doesn't seem like he/she is prepared to buy ipod or other.

Let's all just sit tight for the delayed firmware which should include on the fly playlists, gapless playback and a few other nice features. (playlist is most needed in my oppinion)

I aint going near an ipod :) Im getting the ihp 140 Iust have to wati fro my birthday ( 3 weeks away )

Functions ETC are more important than looks but you still want somthing that looks slick for that price...

Just got my H140 ! Tis fantastic , Aint put any music no it yet but listened to the radio and sound quality is brilliant. It looks really sweet , the black finish is lovely.

So far so good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,212 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

that site charge much for shipping?

I got it off amazon.co.uk - they charged a bomb. Bastards. Just put about 15 albums on it , quick and easy.

Im having two strange problems at the moment that I cant understand, maybe someone with an IHP could help.

When im listening to a song and I press --> It should go to the next song yea ? For some reason it just shows folder "D" which I assume is a root folder or somthing , everytime i try to go to the next song this happens...

Next problem is when listening to a song the LCD screen goes really dark , it fills up with litle dots that make up the different characters, tis hard to explain...this 'blackness' covers everything except the elapsed time metre.

anyone ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Fabritzo

Hold down the bottom right side button to change the D to something else :P I have all my random music on the root so I leave it turned on D with SFL underneath for randon in that directory. Dunno what you're on about as far as the screen is concerned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭kevinmcc

You should get an ipod instead. The new 4th generation ones with 12 hour battery life are available now. Much better than iRiver
    20GB = €339
    40GB = €449

Iriver has 16 hour battery life...and is cheaper.

iRiver is technically and financially still better than iPod buddy. Better all round really.
    and check out the upcoming firmware features. Owie!

COPIED FROM IRIVER USER FORUM:)

http://company.iriver.co.kr/notice/view.asp?Page=1&SrchItem=&SrchString=&idx=597

use barbel fish to translate other stuff... i only have time for H1XX's

Due End of July - Early August
    1. OTF File Deletion
    2. Propriety Format Support (not sure if i translated this right)
    3. Playback Speed Control (not as flexible as IFP series, but will be supported)
    4. Gapless
    5. Unicode Support in DB
    6. OGG Support for DB
    7. Hebrew Support
    8. Sub-dir support for Text Folder
    9. Enhanced Shuffle Mode
    10. Some Tag **** Fixed... (i think it's only related to krn windows)
    11. 6 Line Automated Lyric Support
    12. A bug that occured to the remote when NAVI button is pressed in the PLAYLIST... is fixed (wtf is that??)
    13. Programmable OTF Playlist
    14. LCD Screen Bug in Radio Mode Fixed (wtf is that??)
    15. Reduced Noise on the LCD Screen While Using the Remote (wtf is that??)
    16. External Battery Support
    17. Some Japanese File **** Fixed

Due October
    1. Volume Control in Record Mode
    2. Recording Without the Infamous "Pauses"
    3. Mono Recording Support
    4. SAD Support (i think it's some **** related to recording)
    5. Auto Sync Support (wtf is that??)
    6. Korean Menu Support (not that any of you would care)

OK these are the H1XX schedule i've directly translated....
    they are probably a lot better than using babel fish so dont worry about the accuracy...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 532 ✭✭✭muffinhead

you can get the iRiver iHP-120 for STG£199.89 (approx €300) with free delivery from:

http://www.ryanaironlineshop.com/

click on the Dixons link and proceed from there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Tazz T

It would appear that they will only deliver to the UK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭neXus9

So mx2 is ok for shopping, then??

I was looking to buy stuff there but was a bit wary.

Originally posted by neXus9

they are a well known site, but they are out of stock I think.so are mp3 players uk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,254 ✭✭✭Elessar

www.unbeatable.co.uk - iRiver iHP-120 20Gb Hard Disk MP3 and Radio Player - £200.99.

They will ship to Ireland but you have to contact them first and ask for a shipping quote.

Originally posted by neXus9

Well I've not bought a MP3 player off of them, however I often buy ink cartridges off them and I've never had any problems.

Im having two strange problems at the moment that I cant understand, maybe someone with an IHP could help.

When im listening to a song and I press --> It should go to the next song yea ? For some reason it just shows folder "D" which I assume is a root folder or somthing , everytime i try to go to the next song this happens...

Try, clicking the joystick to the right gently, without actually
    pressing downwards on the button.

Next problem is when listening to a song the LCD screen goes really dark , it fills up with litle dots that make up the different characters, tis hard to explain...this 'blackness' covers everything except the elapsed time metre.

anyone ?

I've only heard of this happening once before on the iRiver forums. It seems it happened when the player gets very hot.

Keep the player out of direct sunlight.

If you see this happening take the player out of its protective bag and leave it on a table to cool down.

This can happen to all electronics with LCD screens, it often happens to Mobiles, I don't think it will actuallly damage anything, it is just inconvenient.

If it happens continuosly then I would think about getting it replaced.

Originally posted by kevinmcc
    You should get an ipod instead. The new 4th generation ones with 12 hour battery life are available now. Much better than iRiver
    20GB = €339
    40GB = €449

iRiver
    20GB = €330
    40GB = €384

All prices including delivery.

The iRiver has an 18 hour battery life. Plus loads of other features like radio, recording, lcd remote, etc. Much better value for money.

Plus the new iRiver H3xx series of players are out, which have colour screens and can directly connect to other USB devices such as other iRivers and digital cameras, so you can transfer music, digital pictures and other files between them.

I'm actually very disappointed with Apple, the new iPods aren't really much better, they are more like 3.1 gen then 4 gen players. I thought that apple would at least match the features of the iRiver iHP-120, but they really haven't changed the iPod other then an increase in battery life and a drop in price.

In fact they haven't even changed the battery, they are still using the same crappy Lithium-Ion battery that is in the 3G ipods. They get the increased battery improvements from improved efficency in the firmware, which begs the question why they haven't released the same firmware for the 3G iPods. I predict that there will be lots of pissed off 3G iPod owners, because of this.

Originally posted by bk
    Try, clicking the joystick to the right gently, without actually
    pressing downwards on the button.

I've only heard of this happening once before on the iRiver forums. It seems it happened when the player gets very hot.

Keep the player out of direct sunlight.

If you see this happening take the player out of its protective bag and leave it on a table to cool down.

This can happen to all electronics with LCD screens, it often happens to Mobiles, I don't think it will actuallly damage anything, it is just inconvenient.

If it happens continuosly then I would think about getting it replaced.

thanks for the suggestions . The screen goes black every time no matter what , I have never pld a song and it didnt go black.
    So its not sunlight.

Ive tried various ammounts of pressure on the jog stick. I think ill just send it back to amazon really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Fabritzo

Has it got firmware v1.4 on it Tusky? It'll tell you on boot.

Advertisement