Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motorhead?

Options
  • 27-06-2004 4:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭

What's your opinion on Motorhead? I personally don't like them, mostly because of Lemmy's appalling voice. I think a lot of people overrate them as being 'Gods'.

What do you think of Motorhead? 35 votes

They're good.
    0% 0 votes
    They're utter sh*te.
    80% 28 votes
    I don't really give a damn.
    20% 7 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I don't know about 'Gods' as such, but they were certainly VERY influencial.

Personally I think Lemmy's voice has a lot of character, and it just wouldn't be Moterhead if he got someone else to 'sing'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

Lemmys vocals are what make motorhead !! That and the fact they survived nearly 30 years of metal without needing to change their style.. anyone else going to see them in november?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭Shred

anyone else going to see them in november?

Betcho ass:) One of the few bands that are unashamedly pure metal, and rightly so (bar the odd dodgey balad;))

Anyone know when the tickets are out?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

The voice makes it! Nice and gritty. It makes them stand out much more than an ordinary metal band :)

Gods, no. Good, yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭ThrAx

Motorhead are excellent. Will definitely try to see them this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Think it's time to kickstart the Motorhead thread again

Motorhead's 21st studio album Aftershock released on the 22nd of October 2013

Mot%C3%B6rhead_Aftershock.jpg

Tracklisting

1. Heartbreaker
    2. Coup De Grace
    3. Lost Woman Blues
    4. End of Time
    5. Do You Believe?
    6. Death Machine
    7. Dust and Glass
    8. Going to Mexico
    9. Silence When You Speak to Me
    10. Crying Shame
    11. Queen of the Damned
    12. Knife
    13. Keep Your Powder Dry
    14. Paralyzed

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Lucifer31

I think this album is one of their best to date, up there with Inferno. I've listened to it a ton of times since I bought it. Fave songs: Crying Shame & Keep Your Powder Dry ! Keep rockin' Lemmy \m/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

No Motorhead = no trash/speed metal.

In the late 70's Lemmy bridged the gap between heavy metal and punk and cleared the way for the likes of Metallica to follow. The idea that any self respecting metal fan could dislike this band astounds me.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭mightybashful

No Motorhead = no trash/speed metal.

In the late 70's Lemmy bridged the gap between heavy metal and punk and cleared the way for the likes of Metallica to follow.

This is right. But love that album cover

• Advertisement

Motorhead back on the road in February to play rescheduled dates

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

New album got rave reviews, there a proper rock n roll band, road dogs. Release album, tour, rinse repeat. There focking legends.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭MetalDog

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Ah jaysus lads,a 9 year old thread!!

Thread closed as it's an ancient one,feel free to start a new one if you like.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement