Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon.co.uk Del

Options
  • 27-06-2004 6:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭

Is it just my or is the delivery price on amazon very high? I ordered two books from them and the delivery costs came to nearly €10. I think is a little high. How can companies like sendit.com have free delivery while amazon's is so high?

Does anyone know of an online book store that has free/cheap delivery to Ireland?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

I know Amazon's shipping and Vat really increase price on goods but on their behalf alot of items I got delivered came buy courier but still its a bit of a rip off!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 78,371 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by Kappar
    How can companies like sendit.com have free delivery while amazon's is so high?
    They simply add the cost of shipping into the cost of the purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

i use play.com a lot for buying dvd's (they are based in Jersey)
    in most cases they are cheaper than amazon.co.uk for the item on its own, and they dont charge any shipping

i emailed amazon.co.uk about this before but got a load of PR claptrap from them. I dont think they even read the email!

Advertisement