Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Widcomm Bluetooth Drivers for XP

• 27-06-2004 6:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭

Hi

Does anyone have any suggestions as to where I could download the most recent Widcomm Bluetooth drivers/software?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Believe it or not, I have. Here is the tricky bit, have a look yourself and see if you can find recent downloadable drivers in the search results ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

Widcomm drivers can have a license key element which ties it to a particular adapter... so downloading from one vendors support site to use with another vendors adapter usually doesn't work... although there are sometimes exceptions (but less so in the most recent releases)

What's the make / model of Bluetooth adapter you are using?

BrianG

P.S. for anyone who may suggest it, ways to get around the key would be violating a software license so not really up for discussion on here...

Originally posted by DubWireless
    Widcomm drivers can have a license key element which ties it to a particular adapter... so downloading from one vendors support site to use with another vendors adapter usually doesn't work... although there are sometimes exceptions (but less so in the most recent releases)

What's the make / model of Bluetooth adapter you are using?

BrianG

P.S. for anyone who may suggest it, ways to get around the key would be violating a software license so not really up for discussion on here...

To be bluntly honest, I don't know the make. Its a generic brand that I got as a gift. I have software on CD but just wanted to double check whether there was a newer version available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

ok - usually the vendor will make updates available in the support area of their site, although for some of the non-branded adapters they might not even have a support area (if they even have a site)

are there any labels or text on it at all (attach a pic of it too if possible)...

alternatively waiting for the final XP SP2 which has Bluetooth built in, it "should" allow you to plug-and-play with the adapter (this is different to the 'patch' for SP1 released to support their dongle/keyboard/mouse)

BrianG

• Advertisement

Here are front and back pictures (compressed so they would fit on here).

and the front is the exact same, except it has "Bluetooth" wrote on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

That look's very much like the billionton one i have. try the software from there site:

Billionton

Sean

Originally posted by rabbitinlights
    That look's very much like the billionton one i have. try the software from there site:

Billionton

Sean

Appreciate it, will check it out.

Advertisement