Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Free Dog - needs good home

• 27-06-2004 8:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭

My friend recently found a dog near his backgarden in Kells, someone may have dumped him.
    Friend took him to vet and the vet reckons he has not been fed for around 5+ weeks !
    Hes quite skinny so.... for the time being.
    Needs a good caring home.

-Yorkshire Terrier (*thanks neev)
    -pure bred
    -male
    -can meet half way to kells, like dunshaughlin or in town.
    Photo003.jpg

didnt think this would go under Animals and pets since its didnt fit the charter .. Anyway feel free to move. Maybe it should go under ForSale ?

*Move to ForSale section actually... sorry

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Whoever you give the cutie too, for the love of god, check out the home etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭alleepally

It would be much better to contact the local dogs home and let them place it, at least they vet people who want to take a dog home.

also, maybe the dog is missing. try the local radio and see if anyone claims ownership.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 989 ✭✭✭MrNuked

No it wouldn't! I used to work in the DSPCA animal shelter and most of the dogs and cats there had to be put down because they caught distemper. One alsatian puppy I liked actually died from kennel cough which apparently means he got so sad from being locked up all the time he started to self-destruct. And that's one of the better ones. The pound near Blanchardstown kills any dog that isn;t claimed within 10 days, and almost every dog in there catches a really horrible disease that causes them to be ingested from the inside out! They certainly don't vet prospective adoptors anywhere. Even in the ones with a no-kill policy they're glad to see the dog get a home at all.
    Don't bring him to a shelter unless you really really can;t find a home for him, and certainly don;t bring him to a pound!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭alleepally

well it's different where I am so I guess there are different policies around the country but I think a BB is the last place I'd go to find a home for a dog tbh. Friends and family option I'm presuming had already been tried by the original poster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,053 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Hey why don't you try irishanimals.ie - Somebody who worked for them used to work in the same place as me and they were always collecting animals to rehome them etc....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 989 ✭✭✭MrNuked

No it's not different around the country! Ireland has dreadful dog homes. There's about a 90% chance of a dog been brought to a home in Ireland being put down. In the one where I worked about 60% were because we tried to keep them clean and vaccinated them and only put them down if they were terminally ill, but distemper was still rife! It was my unenviable job of pointing out which ones had it for a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 lilsnowbunny

Hi,
    I sent you a pm about the yorkie...I'm interested in adopting him. My email address is included in the pm i sent. Hope to hear from you!

Advertisement