Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE Streaming

• 27-06-2004 8:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭

Have tried to play the prime time interview with GW Bush from this link

http://www.rte.ie/news/2004/0624/primetime.html

Maybe everyone else in the country is as well but it's not watchable and I've given up. Can someone try it and see if they can get it working. Maybe it's just my connection.

Thanks a thousand!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Watching it now and I'm on Digiweb too. I've got no complaints at all about them and their pings seem to have improved a lot lately - not that I'm a gamer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

I was watching it just yeaterday morning... You need RealPlayer to be able to see it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ChipZilla

QuickTime should read those .smil files as well (for those who think RealPlayer is the work of the devil...).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

install "Real Alternative" its a free set of codecs/filters that lets you play realplayer files in any directshow program (i.e. paractically everything). That means you don't have to install realplayer at all :p

Quicktime Alternative does the same thing for qucktime files.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

Originally posted by ChipZilla
    QuickTime should read those .smil files as well (for those who think RealPlayer is the work of the devil...).
    The .smil file is just a pointer to the content - you need the RealPlayer Codecs (or a compatible alternative) to display the content - QuickTime won't do it.

(Speaking of the work of the devil - have you ever seen such a non-standard piece of crap as the QT installer? totally non-standard gui, default hijacking of non-qt media types, and it has crashed on at least 50% of the machines I've tried to install it on).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭alleepally

tried again this evening and it was fine. must have been heavy load when I tried it last.

Poor old Carole looked very ill at ease but Bush was a bully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭l3rian

Real Alternative is the best

RealOne is a stinking pile of spyware ****

Advertisement