Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mention Dublin Corpo to be Banned!

Options
  • 27-06-2004 9:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭

Oh Dear,

Mention DCC and / or Owen Keegan in a forum discussing commuting & transport and you are immediately banned by the "moderator" .

How can anyone discuss traffic in Dublin without mentioning either when it is entirely relevant?

Either the truth hurts or someone is too close to DCC for relevant points to be made.

I thought only China clamped down on individuals in this way.

Bee
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I somehow suspect it was more the attitude you displayed in some of your posts there...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

damnit i thought this was a special offer....metion DCC and get banned....i was looking forward to this. damn you Bee!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Victor is the new Amp!

• Registered Users Posts: 78,411 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Well it's not about the mention of any of the above as such.

You have ~96 posts. ~80 are on Commuting / Transport. Not necessarily unusual, but not normal either. "Keegan", "council", "DCC" and "engineer" feature in a disproportionate number of your posts. Even when off-topic. Even when discussing non-council topics or non-Dublin topics. And you've been warned.

Do you have a Keegan / council / DCC / engineer fixation? Are you going to go postal soon?

And yes, I like picking on girls. I like pulling their hair. And making nasty faces at them. And spitting in their lunch. It's revenge for the kidnapping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Victor, why's your post count going up again?

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Boston
    Victor, why's your post count going up again?
    Because I passed 13370

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Bee

Originally posted by crash_000
    damnit i thought this was a special offer....metion DCC and get banned....i was looking forward to this. damn you Bee!

Don't be disappointed!!! all you have to do is post anything on Commuting and Transport and mention DCC and Victor will ban you!!!

:p

Bee

Do you have a Keegan / council / DCC / engineer fixation? Are you going to go postal soon?

You want me to comment as to why I comment on DCC & Owen Keegan? I thought I was posting on a “Commuting & Transport” forum where such comments highlighting the main reason behind Dublin’s traffic woes would be welcomed for frank discussion.

You need to do your homework on what a forum "moderator" should be.

Keegan is the head honcho of DCC’s Traffic Dept. and as such has final responsibility for the ongoing traffic mess his dept has created. Under his tenure Dublin’s gridlock increased journey times by 38% whilst average commuting speed across Dublin declined by 27% Oh! This was prior to the city traffic chaos created by the building of the Luas.

Of course I can provide lots of details about DCC;s failures but I don't want to discuss it on "FeedBack" obviously it should be on Commuting & Transport but it beats me if you ban folk for making relevant posts what is the point of having a "Commuting & Transport" forum?

Methinks you are too close to DCC to be opened minded enough to allow a frank discussion on the real reason for Dublin's traffic woes .... a little akin to the unelected civil servant screwing the traffic up!

Bee

Originally posted by Bee
    You want me to comment as to why I comment on DCC & Owen Keegan? I thought I was posting on a “Commuting & Transport” forum where such comments highlighting the main reason behind Dublin’s traffic woes would be welcomed for frank discussion.
    I have no problem with frank discussion. However, all to often you drift off topic and into your own rant obout DCC / Owen Keegan / "engineers". Owen Keegan does not control everything in Dublin. If you want a rant, start a new thread and while rants are permitted in the charter, please note that abusive ones are not.
    Originally posted by Bee
    You need to do your homework on what a forum "moderator" should be.
    Advice? Give me a clue?
    Originally posted by Bee
    Keegan is the head honcho of DCC’s Traffic Dept. and as such has final responsibility for the ongoing traffic mess his dept has created. Under his tenure Dublin’s gridlock increased journey times by 38% whilst average commuting speed across Dublin declined by 27% Oh! This was prior to the city traffic chaos created by the building of the Luas.
    See you are off rambling again. As BrianD put it.
    Originally posted by BrianD
    Wow Bee what a ramble. I know I went off topic into rural housing policy but your extendended post is an unsubstantiated ramble.
    Originally posted by Bee
    Of course I can provide lots of details about DCC;s failures but I don't want to discuss it on "FeedBack" obviously it should be on Commuting & Transport but it beats me if you ban folk for making relevant posts what is the point of having a "Commuting & Transport" forum?
    Just how is the Red Cow roundabout relevant the the Luas / James Street intersection?
    Originally posted by Bee
    Methinks you are too close to DCC to be opened minded enough to allow a frank discussion on the real reason for Dublin's traffic woes .... a little akin to the unelected civil servant screwing the traffic up!
    Now that smells, feels and looks, but not tastes like an accusation of impropriety. Yes, I sat on a council committee for the last year (and am nominated this year, but the committee is in suspension following the local elections). Yes, I have met Owen Keegan and members of his staff. That I am "too close" (is this a euphemism for "in the pocket of") would be a gross exaggeration.

Now, my contention is that you are either of a one (scratchy) track mind or a troll. Care to comment?

Care to comment?

Victor is Trolling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I Love to comment.... but I am banned! :D

Bee

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭MarcusGarvey

Originally posted by Victor

You have ~96 posts. ~80 are on Commuting / Transport. Not necessarily unusual, but not normal either.

It's like rain on your wedding day.... Thank god you don't mod IrelandOffline or Muck would be banned for calling Etain and Comreg names and posting too much about matters relevant to the forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Originally posted by Boston
    Victor is the new Amp!

Yeah, you'd know all about moderating wouldn't you? And how many forums are you currently banned from?

You do it to yourself, you do, and that's what really hurts*

*Possibly too strong a word. More like "what really makes me feel sympathy for the parents". But that doesn't work as well lyrically

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Originally posted by Bee
    a little akin to the unelected civil servant screwing the traffic up!

Bee

Just for curiosity - would it be better if it was someone elected who was screwing the traffic up or maybe unelected telecoms contratcors digging the road for the n-th time...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by MarcusGarvey
    It's like rain on your wedding day.... Thank god you don't mod IrelandOffline or Muck would be banned for calling Etain and Comreg names and posting too much about matters relevant to the forum.
    Ah well you must remember that Muck posts quite a bit of stuff that's actually pretty useful and interesting to read and treats comreg-insulting as a sideline[1]:)

[1]And usually directly links a comreg decision to something bad on the way where they have direct and sole responsibility for the change. Which is nice

Originally posted by parsi
    Just for curiosity - would it be better if it was someone elected who was screwing the traffic up or maybe unelected telecoms contratcors digging the road for the n-th time...

Err! Yes!!

Look at the cock up in pricing/estimating of the major infrastructural projects in Ireland. You have the choice to vote out the politicians involved.

Look at the Gov. deal that was done with the Church in the child abuse scandals that results in the church paying a pittance to their victims whilst the tax payer is being screwed to pay reparation.

You have the opportunity in the next election to decide if the politicians involved can stay in power or not by your vote.

That is a major point of mine...Any elected individual can be removed from their position by the will of the people.

If a person is making a balls up of his job she/he can be voted out of office unlike city/council managers that take major decisions that effect taxpayers lives and when it comes to transport and never minding Victor's opinion, commuting I like to argue and highlight it in a relevant way.

By the way contractors that work on Dublin roads have to advise DCC of when/where they will be digging. If you have an issue with the digging you should question the powers that be who neither manage road digging correctly or inspect it to see if there are errant contractors at work.

Bee

Advertisement