Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Waterford vs Cork - The Greatest Munster Final ?

• 27-06-2004 10:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 299 ✭✭

Enthralling and ultimately delightful for us Deise supporters. The first half was amazing and truly restored credibility to the spectacle that is the Munster Hurling Final. Was a great game with both teams playing well. Joe Dean and O'Halpin were outstanding for Cork while Dan The Man, Flynn, and Browne were awesome for us. The tenseness and the closeness of the second half was nail-biting stuff.

Well done Justin and the lads, 2 more games to go
    Jolly

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭gerire

Fantastic game and a well deserved win, could have gone either way in fairness though.

As regards to them winning the McCarthy. On skill and ability and form this year they are favourites IF all the rest of the games were in another stadium and not croker, or choker as it is called in Waterford

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

No way was it the greatest!

Cork were a joke in the second half, they should have buried waterford in the second half especially with waterford down to 14 men!

Roll on tipp!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 337 ✭✭MunkyHed

Fair play to waterford for taking some great points. Cork just blew it totally, having an extra man should have let us have more ball. Our extra man was diarmuid psycho sullivan but all he did for most of the second half was stand in front of the keeper and watch the points fly over..
    Sully wandered up the field with ten mins to go but never looked like scoring.
    Brian corcoran never got quality ball but i reckon the pace is too much for him now, leave it to the young lads brian, you've served us well. Remember ray cummins making a comeback years ago, it just doesnt work. League matches maybe but the championship is too important.
    Questions should be asked of O Gradys tactics as i believe the man is ruining a greatly talented team.
    I'm not saying sack him but his successful matches have been close calls and second half comebacks.
    A great spectacle on the day, terrible traffic, can't wait to do it again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

brilliant game yesterday. serves them corkonians for taking up so much room on our terrace :D

roll on august the 8th :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭moby2101

Hi
    Limerick supporter here, I was at both Limericks match Saturday night and the Final in Thurles yesterday.

Congratulations to Waterford, I thought it was one of the best games Ive seen in a long while , definitely in the last couple of years.

I think we here in Limerick have a long way to go to aspire to playing the style of Hurling on show yesterday by both Cork and Waterford.

I wouldnt write of Cork just yet thought, I think they will figure very strongly yet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭kano476

yeah, a discomforting amount of red in the kilinan end. funny though when about 20 or so of them around us tried chanting "rebel" whcih was quickly drowned out by a roar of "langers" classic.

unlucky to cork though, we havent bet ye in the final in 45 years so its about time we won something! great peformances from john mullane - who was aggrevated the whole way through the first half and unfortunately lost his cool, ken mcgrath, dan the man and of course paul flynn the legend.

i think cork will beat tipp, they might be just too strong on the day and tipp seem to be a one man band. wouldnt write them off for a plce in the semi final.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Evil_Bilbo

fair play to waterford - couldve gone either way - but they did deserve to win.

Amazing match.

some great games in the back door this year.

Originally posted by MunkyHed
    Fair play to waterford for taking some great points. Cork just blew it totally, having an extra man should have let us have more ball. Our extra man was diarmuid psycho sullivan but all he did for most of the second half was stand in front of the keeper and watch the points fly over..
    Sully wandered up the field with ten mins to go but never looked like scoring.

Ill never forget Henry Shefflin and Eddie brennan describing the moment HULK knocked two or three Kilkenny lads

"Im just glad i was standing behind him" - Henry Shefflin

"i dont know what i was thinking" - Eddie Brennan

Advertisement