Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who to win ?

• 27-06-2004 10:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭

well ?

Im backing Holland , I know they have underperformed but I think they can do it !

Who to win? 20 votes

Portugal
    0% 0 votes
    Holland
    45% 9 votes
    Greece
    50% 10 votes
    Czech republic
    5% 1 vote

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Harry2001

Czech Republic v Portugal final

Czech's to snatch it in extra time

a Czech v Holland final would be good too though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Chechia to ,win it .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭knobbles

czech and holland are the strongest teams left but as hosts I fancy Portugal to win it now, unless they get beaten in a penalty shoot-out. I'll guess 1-0 to Portugal and Czech in their respective semis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

I still fancy Greece to at least get into the finals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Czech Republic will win it easy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭thejollyrodger

I think Greece will loose their next match. The czechi's as they are called will easily beat them.

I cant see portugal beating Holland. the dutch have the better players in their team. Portugal play nice football but dont have an striker to put the ball in the back of the net.

So Holland Czech final and the dutch to win, they would have nearly won the last match if they didnt make those tatical errors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LoneGunM@n

My money's on the Czechs ... they been the best team of the tournament so far ... plus I'm glad that Milan Baros is doing so well ... Houllier came out yesterday & said somehting about Liverpool doing so badly because Baros was injured [personally I think it has more to do with him consistently playing Heskey instead of Baros].

Hoping the next transfer rumour is Baros to United :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Czech Republic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Space Coyote

I'm going for the Czechs. I predicted they'd win before the tourny started and also said Baros would be top scorer. If only I told the bookie instead of me brother. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

I think the czech's will but im hoping for holland :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

I'm hoping for Czechs to beat Holland in the final. Their last match together was unbelievable.

Czechs deserve it far more than Portugal or Holland. I'd prefer Greece to win it thant either of those two - both have been fairly unimpressive in this tournament.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Originally posted by NekkidBibleMan
    I'm hoping for Czechs to beat Holland in the final. Their last match together was unbelievable.

Czechs deserve it far more than Portugal or Holland. I'd prefer Greece to win it thant either of those two - both have been fairly unimpressive in this tournament.
    I think the Czech's will be fed up beaten Holland by the end of the next qualifying campaign. They have been drawn together in the last 3 groups (EU Q's, EU F's, WC Q's).

I'm sticking with Portugal to win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Originally posted by thejollyrodger

I cant see portugal beating Holland. the dutch have the better players in their team.

lol :D , makes me laugh anytime I here something along the lines of the Dutch should win because they have better players .

Having better players hasnt stopped them losing before .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

czechs to beat portugal in the final
    the dutch don't deserve to be there based on their performances which have been really poor except the group match against the czechs, which i doubt they could replicate
    greece deserve it more than holland, at least they give it everything

i also predicted the czechs to top their group and win the whole thing

btw is anyone else sick of hearing about "bouncing czechs"? every fool has to make this joke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Bouncing Czechs to win! ;)

If they do it will be a truimph for positive footballing attitudes. It might just influence dopy national coaches in England, France, Italy, Germany etc

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

im still goin with the czechs to win the finals against holland, though the holland portugal final will be interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭phenom

I think it will be Czech republic against Portugal in the final. After watching most games in the tournament I think The Czech's have a great chance of winning and from the preformance of them in Their matches deserve to win it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

Originally posted by mike65
    Bouncing Czechs to win! ;)

If they do it will be a truimph for positive footballing attitudes. It might just influence dopy national coaches in England, France, Italy, Germany etc

Mike.

:rolleyes:

:D

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

czech republic,

i think they can do it,

and watch greece for a outsider for the title,
    stranger thing's have happened

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Space Coyote

and watch greece for a outsider for the title,
    stranger thing's have happened
    Stranger things have happened than Greece winning the European Championships ??? Name six ... ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭Hairy Homer

G'wan Portugal!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭knobbles

the final hasnt been played and 42 out of 52 already got it wrong!

i tell ye, the next world cup in Germany is gonna be wide open!
    Ireland could even do it.

Advertisement