Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

John Mullane - 3 weeks or 3 months ?

• 27-06-2004 10:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 299 ✭✭

Following his sending off today during the Munster Hurling Final, should John Mullane get a 3 week or 3 month ban ? Can the referee cite him for hitting the other player even if he did not see it himself ?

Should John Mullane be allowed play in the All Ireland Semi Final 10 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    100% 10 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

I voted no because he is a dirty player shouldnt be allowed play any sports aswell with most of the waterford team,their just a dirty shower

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,051 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Jolly,I dont know if you saw what happened today or not but I was standing directly behind the incident and there was no excuses for what John done. Although the cork player did roll over and die john should not have lashed out at him.

I feel that he should be given a ban which would include the semi final but NOT the final.

I am also a waterford man by the way. Brilliant game and brilliant result

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭Kelter

off the ball incident, I'm for a 1 year ban.

By the way, why have rte not realised their footage. They had a camera behind the goal which would have to have picket up the incident had it been switched on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Mighty_Mouse

I missed it. What happened? Although a year sounds extreme in any case!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

I think the year ban sounds good although it wont happen,how many club players have got banned for a year for punching or something along those lines.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Originally posted by powerhousedan
    most of the waterford team,their just a dirty shower

please expand on that

agreed that Mullane is nothing but a scumbag

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Mighty_Mouse

A year!! Jasus! I'd of thought you would need to be killin a fella to get that! Again I havent seen it and maybe ill change my mind but god almighty I really hope the powers at be dont **** up GAA like soccer where you can hardly touch an opposing player for fear of been banned from the European Final

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

Originally posted by Mighty_Mouse
    A year!! Jasus! I'd of thought you would need to be killin a fella to get that!

Well Gerathy from Meath got 48 weeks (almost a year)!! That took his bad record into account though, which is correct I think! Should a player who has never been sent of and strikes once with a fist get the same suspension as a player who has been suspended many times and carries out the same offence? Also I think that bans for actual games rather than a time period would be more appropraite!

Also Gerathy recently had his ban reduced, so maybe it was Lazarus he killed
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

YEah but Geraghty is form Meath so I would encourage his ban for that reason alone. I'd have to commiserate if Mullane got a year. Especially after TJ got away without even a booking for pretty much the same thing.

So a four week ban it is, probably fair enough. He misses the AllIreland semi, but will be back for the final if they make it. Waterford are now complaining saying that he should not have to serve the ban till next years Munster championship as the All Ireland series is a different competition. I think they are pushing their luck and should just be glad it was only 4 weeks he got.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

He is a right langer, had great craic slagging him off down the town end. Missing the semi's is a fair ban.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Originally posted by Mossy Monk
    please expand on that

agreed that Mullane is nothing but a scumbag

What about Eoin Kelly the swing he did across Tommy Dunne he should of got the line, But I won't worry his day will come:(

Originally posted by TIPPTOP
    What about Eoin Kelly the swing he did across Tommy Dunne he should of got the line, But I won't worry his day will come:(

One thing is for sure at least the eoin kelly of Waterford WILL have another day out this year.

Tipp had one or players today that may have a case to answer because on the fact that the ref missed some serious fouls 2day. That deleribate elbow springs to mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Hurlings a mans game if you can't take a knock here or there then give up

just cause it is a contact physical game does not give a man the right to pull across another player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Originally posted by Waylander
    just cause it is a contact physical game does not give a man the right to pull across another player.

agreed and im from Tipp .
    although I think a yellow card should have been suficient for benny .

In fairness to John Carroll , he went to shoulder his man before he slipped , even if he wanted to he couldnt have pulled out on that surface .

Originally posted by Leonard
    I feel that he should be given a ban which would include the semi final but NOT the final.

I am also a waterford man by the way. Brilliant game and brilliant result [/B]

what f****ing final, bit presumptious considering it is 1963 since ye were last in one though i wish ye the best if ye meet the Cats ????

Originally posted by tipp_Gunner
    what f****ing final, bit presumptious considering it is 1963 since ye were last in one though i wish ye the best if ye meet the Cats ????

Now there is no need to be so bitter just because Tipp got dumped out by an average cork side.

And yes hopefully we will get kilkenny as to win the all ireland you have to beat the best. We have already seen of the likes of Clare, Tipp,(which must have hurt by the way) and Cork(which I must admit to really enjoying) so we have the ability to beat anyone on our day. Roll on the 8th Aug....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 thebman2

Come on the deise.
    the rest of ye are sore losers.
    ie tipp, cork and clare.

roll on august 8th.
    dont care who we get.
    we'll beat any team... even if we got the cats and they perform like they did against gaillaimh

it's our time

thebman

Advertisement