Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Women Should Not Go Swiming in Dirty Pools.

• 27-06-2004 11:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭

Not the National Enquirer but the BBC .
    An Iranian newspaper has reported the controversial story of a woman who claims to have given birth to a frog.

It gets worse
    the paper carries quotes from medical experts who say there are human characteristics to the animal.

In other words it could get a job in Comreg when its 18 .....sheeeesh.
    It has been speculated that the woman, who has not been named, unknowingly picked up the larva while she was swimming in a dirty pool.

The rest of the gory details are on the BBC Website here

M

Comments

BBC monitoring based in Caversham in southern England, selects and translates information from radio, television, press, news agencies and the Internet from 150 countries in more than 70 languages.
    Terry Wogan has been sharing the poteen again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭hostyle

Journalism at its best. Nothing like some good hard facts to get the masses stirred up. Frogs have larvae now do they? Like insects huh? So I wonder was it a frog or a tadpole that she gave birth to?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 139 ✭✭SAXA

She must have got some hop when she found out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭gobby

While it is unclear how this could have happened, the paper carries quotes from medical experts who say there are human characteristics to the animal.
    Human characteristics yeah...? Like what exactly? The frog has eyes! Oh my god, it has legs too! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Originally posted by gobby
    Human characteristics yeah...? Like what exactly? The frog has eyes! Oh my god, it has legs too! :rolleyes:
    read the article, dingus.
    But it quotes clinical biology expert Dr Aminifard as saying: "The similarities are in appearance, the shape of the fingers and the size and shape of the tongue."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭gobby

Originally posted by tman
    read the article, dingus.
    Bah

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

Originally posted by http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/3844441.stm
    Tests are being carried out on the frog
    will this mutant testing never stop, paticularly on these human/frog variants. Frogs are people too! (according to this anyhow)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭bug

haha...reminds me of that lobster urban myth.
    cute really, a baby frog mutant.....:dunno:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Doctor: Congratulations... it's a healthy bouncing boy..................................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭lyonsy

i'd say its just another myth, i've heard the same one for other animals like lobsters, octopuses..etc. it definately couldn't have had human characteristics though, human cross breding with other animals simply cant happen... but what can happen, though its never been reported, is that if you swollow an octopus egg it can inside ya, in your belly giving the appearence of pregnancy, maybe summit similar happened with that frog. im getting increasingly worried about that tadpole i ate when i was six..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Originally posted by SteveD
    Doctor: Congratulations... it's a healthy bouncing boy..................................
    heh, reminds me of "The Fly"

.... but wait... there's more!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭df001i6876

Originally posted by tman
    heh, reminds me of "The Fly"

.... but wait... there's more!
    me think she was doing the frog march or the frog paddle oh i mean dog paddle.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Aparently a similar event happened here nearly half a century ago..

But the tainaiste is covering it up.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

yeah well irish pools are a tad cleaner than india's i hope:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,323 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Originally posted by The Real B-man
    yeah well irish pools are a tad cleaner than india's i hope:D
    Iran!!! RTFA:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 376 ✭✭K2

Sounds like they got the story straight out of a Discworld novel, oh and did she really pick it up swimming in a dirty pool or was she interferring with some poor creature. Really the lengths some women will go just to get off, you'd never catch a man getting up to those antics.........well apart from sheep, and maybe cows (the nasel blowjob comes (no pun intended:D ) to mind, and well maybe cats, dogs, goats and horses...and I suppose camels and chickens. But definately not frogs, well maybe not....

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I read that in a magazine a week ago. Nuts I think it was. Not sure how true it is though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 526 ✭✭✭dendenz

she must be ribbeting mad!

I'll get me coat...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

This was in Biology/Medicine a while back and its pure rubbish, for reasons I explained there.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 932 ✭✭✭yossarin

I wonder if she did it froggy style.

// on way to get coat, gets dendenz's by accident. both stumble red faced out of door.

• Advertisement
Advertisement