Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Thank U Toyota

Options
  • 27-06-2004 11:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

Toyota have now decided to ship in Glanza's from Japan The Pocket ROckets Are BACK! These tiny beasts wud beat a corsa 206 or golf any day and are half the price so if ur lukin 4 a first speedy car the Glanza is 4 u! ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Yeah... but... like... it's a /Starlet/ like...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 -=BARNIE=-

Yea but luk it luks cool 4 a Starlet u must agree! And is FAST! There gettin more and more popular round Ireland!:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Gmodified

Uha , will open the garage and charge all the boy racers for fixing broken turbos.

It so many of the that they are getting boring

brrrrrr psssssss brrrrrr pssssssss brrrrrr ps

they sound like my pressure pot for my veggies

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭dcGT

Originally posted by -=BARNIE=-
    Toyota have now decided to ship in Glanza's from Japan The Pocket ROckets Are BACK!

Do you mean Toyota are shipping them from Japan as new (an Irish version) or just exporting second hand ones? So you can buy Glanzas from Toyota dealers now?

Cheers,

DC.

• Advertisement

Apparently The majority of the Glanza's comin over are second hand but there must be a fe new ones! U should ask a toyota dealer they wud no more than me about it

Pretty cool though ww)

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭dcGT

Yeah I think all Glanzas imported over here are second hand. Toyota stopped making the Glanza in 1998/99 though when the Yaris came in. Just curious, where did you hear this info?

Cheers,

DC.

do not take anymore pink tablets, please!!!!, or maybe your dump valve is leaking or something?

:D

Is this a tricky post or quiz? pure magic,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

The yaris replacement for the Glanzas was the T Sport it was 1500cc

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭DukeDredd

I find it hard to believe that Toyota would get involved in importing cars from Japan. In fact when Jap imports started to become popular Toyota in the UK and Ireland advised their dealers not to service or repair them. Same goes for Honda - mate of mine has a Jap import prelude and when he brought it to Honda in Cork for a service they wouldn't touch it.

• Advertisement

Honda - mate of mine has a Jap import prelude and when he brought it to Honda in Cork for a service they wouldn't touch it.

Well, they don't have exact service data for jap models.
    , dispute the fact they very similar and sometimes may refuse. I wouldn't bring my jap car to Honda for service anyway. However they have to supply you with parts when asked

I find that hard to believe. I have many friends who have asked Toyota garages to import Bodykits, accesories etc and they never have had problems getting serviced. Western Cars is my local toyota garage and they even said they were happy getting imports for people. But it mite be different because i live in Fermanagh

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

BARNIE, any info on the new Yaris 1.5turbo being imported?

Sry ando i haven't heard anything about the 1.5 Turbo but i'm sure they'll import it. The Yaris seems to be very popular ;)

Yea but luk it luks cool 4 a Starlet u must agree!
    Gods no, I mustn't. The Glanza is pug ugly, will remain pug ugly no matter what you do to it. The last model was pug ugly too - although not quite as ugly as the late model - and I should know, I had to drive two of the bastards. It was very nearly the worst car I ever drove, second only to a Rover 200. The Daihatsu Domino I drove was positively cool next to a Starlet; I lusted after a Charade GTti to mash the Starlet into the ground.

Look, it's a nun's car, ok? Always has been, always will be. If you tart it up, it'll just be a tarted-up nun's car. If you whack a turbo on it, it'll just be a turbo-charged nun's car. But it'll remain a nun's car, forever. Christ, you could stick a nodding dog on the parcel shelf and hang a pair of fluffy dice off the mirror, people will still look inside for the Padre Pio badge on the dash. They'll just think it's a nun with a sense of humour...

The only exception to traditional Starlet blandness was the first model, which would be a classic today if, you know, they all didn't melt. The sporty MK1 Starlet was the Twin Cam before the Twin Cam was an itch in it's Daddy's pants. It defined the breed, and then the Twin Cam came along and undefined it; the Twin Cam is now the Wacker's car, we all shout WAAAAHHHH!! at them when they drive past. And the Glanza is it's replacement.

WAAAAHHHH!!!
    And is FAST!
    So's a Lada with a jet engine. Kewl.
    There gettin more and more popular round Ireland!
    Indeed. Which speaks volumes.

Thus endeth the rant.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

agree with ya there dahamsta they are awfull looking cars, they are just pure ugly, they really do look ****! i hate them , ya see gimps driving them with there baseball caps on and commercial dance music blaring out the windows! gimps! Thats not just a stereotype either EVERYONE of them is the same! I've never seen anyone other than a knackery looking god****e driving one!

And seeing as pretty much everyone that drives one *forgets* theres a turbo in them when it comes to declaring it on there insurance, then pretty much everyone who drives them risks there insurance being null and void.

I BLOODY HATE THEM! SO DIE TOYOTA DIE FOR EVER MAKING THE THINGS!

*now calms down*

Yea but luk it luks cool 4 a Starlet u must agree!
    By the way, this is a web forum, not a mobile phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Now now, dahamsta, stop baiting the children

u shuld gt a nu yris nd put sum alloys n dcals on, thr bldin rpid, mayB u wud chill out a bt! lol!!!11

Originally posted by Sico
    Now now, dahamsta, stop baiting the children
    I resemble that remark.
    u shuld gt a nu yris nd put sum alloys n dcals on, thr bldin rpid, mayB u wud chill out a bt! lol!!!11
    That's why I went looking for a barge Sico, I was stuck driving a friggin Yaris! ;)

[Really need to chill out. :)]

adam

Advertisement