Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

*spoilers* Gab Results

• 28-06-2004 4:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭

Man,i actually enjoyed this PPV.

John Cena def. RVD,Booker T,Renee Dupree

Luther Reigns def. Charlie Hass

Rey Mysterio def. Chavo Guerrero

Sable def. Torrie

Mordeacai def. Hardcore Holly

JBL def. Eddie Guererro :rolleyes:

Undertaker def. Dudleyz,but turned heel on Paul Bearer and filed up the crypt.

JBL as champ......im speechless.

***NEWS JUST IN*****

WWE Signs contract on the death of Smackdown!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

Delighted that JBL got the title!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Hanza

May mucho good show.

Im finding the crituque from so called Smarts about the taker/Dudleys match as funny as hell. It just goes to show how much people ''DONT'' know about wrestling, and just simple Logic.

There is this huge dispute at the moment (that I think may have already even reached this forum) that the Undertaker should have done a work(fake) arrest last night, or police should have run in, to stop Taker from murdering Bearer. Which in any realistic situation would have happened.

Apparently people think that this is making the whole story look unrealistic... WHAT? THE UNDERTAKER IS DEAD! He is a fecking ghost! He is controlled by a magical urn containing his parents ashes, who were Alhamests. He summons lightning bolts at ring post, cement trucks and wrestlers. COME ON PEOPLE... think!!!

:D

Hanza

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

I thopught they were going to fire Bradshaw after GAB for the germany incident not make him champion dear god

WHY

Shin

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭elvis2002

I didn't buy this crap but I read the results on lordsofpain.net

Apparently the backstage reaction was that the show was a "train wreck".

like come on the card was made up on the night,
    Smackdown and most of the wrestlers on smackdown are total losers.

I'd say this was wwe's lowest ppv buy ever.

Congradulations to the wwe in producing the worst ppv they ever did.

Think about it people, JBL as champ, hahahahahahahaha, 3 months ago, you would have thought he would be released cuz he cant wrestle, and is just out of shape.
    And also Undertaker in a main event against the dudleys, give me a break, the dudleys are unfit and not over anymore, and the underFaker cant wrestle and is just an old fart now who should have retired long ago. I wont be watching smackdown ever again. Why would i want to when raw has "HHH, rock, benoit, ortan, edge, flair, jericho, " and smackdown has the undertaker!,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭jongore

SD is dead, JBL as WWE champ is a joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Lordz

Originally posted by smiaras
    "Actions you will not see WWE characters portray are murder, rape or robbery."

Credit to 1wrestling

Haha

Robbery?What the feck?Its Eddie Guerreros whole gimmick:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Did anybody else see that the Video of UT burying Bearer got leaked out on the net b4 the PPV even finished!!?? They were sending it via satelite and it got leaked.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,973 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I enjoyed the ppv, sure some of the matchs were dire but overall I was pleased and got my moneys worth. The Undertaker vs dudleys was entertaining but shouldnt have been the main event, I really enjoyed the JBL vs Eddie match, chavo vs rey mysterio was match of the night.

I aint happy with JBL tho, a year ago he was wrestling the easter bunny and now he is a wwe champion, I hope he's reign doesnt last long.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

JBL will be what they call an 'Interim Champ'. Basically, i think that the WWE know that he isnt going to add much to the title, but with him there, they can rejig Eddies gimmick through a feud with Mordecai. Eddies current gimmick was getting very boring, with the whole 'overcoming the demons' crap. Also, a heel champ does make for better TV.

Now, where to start. What is with the whole JBL bashing? While I was surprised to see him given the strap so quickly, i dont think he is as bad as what people think.

Sure, he may not have the sculpted physique of Trips or Brock, but he certainly aint out of shape.

He can put on a quite entertaining match.

This isnt his first main event push. remember after WM18, he was being pushed toward being the top face, feuding with the nWo among others. Only injury scuppered that.

His mic work is very good. A heels job is to infuriate the crowd with his words (and in matches with cowardice), and JBL does that with aplomb.

Lets not knock his victory just yet. Come on, can this be worse than the Big Shows 2nd reign?

Look at the possibilities for future feuds:

- JBL Vs Cena (unlikely for quite a while)
    - JBL Vs RVD (quite likely IMO, and could be a classic feud, the stoner Vs the corporate go getter)
    - JBL Vs Rikishi :D;):p
    - JBL Vs Taker

Personally I reckon a feud with RVD could work wonders for SD as a whole.

Perhaps a trade or 2. Bring Jericho or HBK to SD in the coming months?

Gimmick,JBL is a terrible heel.His only way of getting heat is by stuff like the Nazi Salute or attacking eddie.He is terrible.

Although,im am half and half about him.I think him being a champ is good,and bad.

Man,the more im thinking about it,id prefer to see Fifi get the belt than JBL:dunno:

You cannot say he is a bad wrestler. He is a good heel, he gets heat each and every time. To say he only gets heat from slagging off Eddie is a silly thing to say. You may as well say that the only reason Eddie was popular for the last few months because he was beating down Bradshaw.

Neither of you have made one solid argument as to why this WILL be a bad thing for SD. I have made a few statements on how it could be good for SD.

Hence the term Interim Champ.

Put it like this, RVD wouldnt get a title shot as a face against Eddie, whereas he can well get one now -> RVD wins title from JBL leading into a feud with Booker, who, despite his crappy SD start will start picking up some major victoires soon.

If you follow what I am saying, is that with Eddie losing to JBL, the whole structure of SD will re package itself.

And you never know, JBL may well surprise us. I mean, its not his fault the bookers gave him the strap so quick.

Well Ive heard rumours that Eddies next fued will be against Mordecai.

Whioe I am a big Eddie fan, I am kind of glad that he lost the title. As Ive said earlier, his current gimmick of the 'over coming all the odds, rebuilding his life' thing is done. At least this way he can start afresh.

As for RVD getting a push, well, dont dis-count it entirely. I mean, the SD writers havent made much sense in quite a while now, have they? Afterall, look at JBLs push from obscurity. Who is to say the same wont happen with Mr Thursday Night?

Another variable to be thrown in here, and I spose it does give credence to Eddie regaining soon, is the fact that Kurt is due back in the ring soon. Obviously when he returns, he will be top heel again.

However, there is also the possibility of Kurt feuding with Cena.

Its not all doom and gloom anyway people.

Originally posted by gimmick

Its not all doom and gloom anyway people.

I'm afraid it is. JBL is a complete joke, Eddie isn't going to be 'repakaged' as he's still over with the fans, JBLs win is Vinny Mac refusing to accept that JBL is a mistake.

A few points:
    1) JBL is not a good heel, he's making people turn SD off, a good heel is hated but you tune in to see what he'll do.
    2) The CWs get no respect and are badly used
    3) Over half the matches at GAB were throw togethers with no storyline leading up to them.
    4) The 'big' trades from RAW RVD and Booker T have been constantly jobed since their trade
    5) the big Debut of Kenzo Susiki is a bust, nobody cares about him one way or the other.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Magnolia_Fan

Robbery :- Eddie Guerrero...The Intercontinental belt being stolen and thrown off Roody Poo Bridge, Brock stealing Austins S.U.V

Rape:- Katie Vick..could be percieved as rape though the correct term is nechrophyllia and Lita!!..though they didn't show that I guess just the humiliating after math..where will that go..can she not wreslte for 9 months now?

Murder:- Paul Bearer..and in fairness unless they state he died in the storyline then its not showing murder...its an iffy one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

Actually, to be honest, I think Bradshaw IS a great heel. The job of a heel is to make the fans hate him. And whether it's because you hate his wrestling ability, or you hate his real life views, or you hate his character's views, or you hate him for the Nazi incident, or you hate that he's being pushed in the first place, the fact is that everyone hates the bollix. It doesn't really matter how he gets the heat, it's that he has the heat.

The only thing I think is missing is wrestling ability. Otherwise he'd be an almost perfect heel.

As for saying that a good heel makes you tune in every week, well it's not Bradshaw's fault that people aren't tuning in. He's been asked by his employers to play a part and he plays it well. If people are turning Smackdown off (and I doubt JBL is the only reason for that) then it's the company who are at fault for pushing him. In other words, Layfield himself plays the heel role perfectly.

Still, I think putting the title on him was a bad move (though it didn't upset me like it did others) and I'm sure Bradshaw himself (and WWE) know that he's not World champion material. I mean, look at the finish to the match. He won because Eddie pushed him into the turnbuckle. It's just another way of getting more heat on him, so that the fans really really want to see him lose now.

Where they're going with this though, I don't know.

Actually, to be honest, I think Bradshaw IS a great heel. The job of a heel is to make the fans hate him. And whether it's because you hate his wrestling ability, or you hate his real life views, or you hate his character's views, or you hate him for the Nazi incident, or you hate that he's being pushed in the first place, the fact is that everyone hates the bollix. It doesn't really matter how he gets the heat, it's that he has the heat.
    Sorry, cant agree there!
    The personification of a heel, is a wrestler you love to hate. HHH is such a bad ass, he is cocky, evil, manipulitive and sadistic. He has that Dracula aspect(he is the ultimate bad guy, but because he is such a rogue, you have to love him). Since his intentions are still "wrong", we still like to see him get one uped.

Bradshaw makes people change channels. Its boring, not thought out and worst of all, its backstage politics. Its Bradshaws pull that came from years of blowing Ron Simmons plunk. He hasnt done anything recognisable! He bullies new stars back stage, Insults his fans, thinks he is hot shit whihc hes obviously not.

I dont care who has that belt. Think of it this way:
    Who ever has the main strap is the man of the hour. In the words of Paul Wright, "If your the champ and the seats aint stacked, its your fault, if the cards are down its your fault, its preasure..." Well, Bradshaw is the ultimate personification of how bad smackdown is doing now, so who really cares. We still have RAW and TNA on TWC.

Were not that bad off...
    Hanza

Originally posted by Lordz
    Man,the more im thinking about it,id prefer to see Fifi get the belt than JBL:dunno:

The way things are going on smackdown that could very well happen ;)

Shin

theres an artform to being a good heel and a right way and a wrong way to do it

Whether you like the man or hate him HHH has this down to an artform, he doent go out there and do nazi salutes or any of the other **** bradshaws been doing lately.

Everything Bradshaws been doing has smacked of desperation, like hes scrambling along trying to come up with stuff he thinks is heelish, you can see hes clearly out of his depth and should in no way shape or form be Smackdown champion.

Problem is hes so far up vinces ass that even he cant see hes a poor excuse as a champion and an even worse excuse as a heel

Shin

Here here! :D Well said

Bradshaw is one of the worst heel champs in history. A good heel can piss you off with a smirk and 1 line. HHH is a heel personified, Angle, Orton, Heyman are all good heel characters as even though you hate them you love to watch them.

Any idiot can piss off the fans, it doesn't make you a good heel. JBL is just annoying and SDs ratings will fall so fast that soon the only ones watching will be Vince and JBLs mother.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

Originally posted by Hanza
    Sorry, cant agree there!
    The personification of a heel, is a wrestler you love to hate. HHH is such a bad ass, he is cocky, evil, manipulitive and sadistic. He has that Dracula aspect(he is the ultimate bad guy, but because he is such a rogue, you have to love him). Since his intentions are still "wrong", we still like to see him get one uped.

But a heel isn't someone you love to hate. Think of all the stories back in the day of heels actually being physically attacked by fans. Those fans didn't think "I love watching this guy but I'm gonna throw this brick at him anyway" Those wrestlers were seriously hated. Bradshaw is like that, and this is in the day of non-kayfabe, so that's a bit more impressive. Yeah, he gets cheap heat, but nobody complains about Mick Foley. He's based his face career on cheap pops and crazy spots but he's a nice guy so it's fine.

I dont care who has that belt. Think of it this way:
    Who ever has the main strap is the man of the hour. In the words of Paul Wright, "If your the champ and the seats aint stacked, its your fault, if the cards are down its your fault, its preasure..." Well, Bradshaw is the ultimate personification of how bad smackdown is doing now, so who really cares. We still have RAW and TNA on TWC.

If that's the case, then Eddie is to blame for the slump in ratings seeing as JBL hasn't appeared on Smackdown yet as champion.

I'm not trying to defend Bradshaw. I actually do hate him, and I don't think he deserved the title. I'm just being objective here and saying that he does make a very good heel. Think of the heels of 20-30 years ago. Most fans wanted to see them fail rather than loving watching them every week. Look at Iron Shiek for example, did people hate him but love watching him or did they just plain hate the bastard?

Originally posted by jongore
    Bradshaw is one of the worst heel champs in history.

He has been Champ for 3 days. How does that make him one of the worst heel champs of all time?

I cant believe people are 'marking' so badly for this whole thing.

Look at it this way, he wont be champ long. Afterall Kurt is back soon, and he will doubtlessly be top of the heel charts again very soon.

• Advertisement

Bradshaw has no credibility and devalues the belt. He suddenly turned from a bear swilling, cigar smoking good gut to a rich, swanky nad guy in two minutes and we're supposed to swollow it?

He's a poor wrestler who has spent enough time with his head up Vinces ass to get the title. Even the Big Show had more credibilty then JBL.

Even the Big Show had more credibilty then JBL.

That is so true its unreal, god id even give Big show the belt over JBL

shin

Advertisement