Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobo Newbie - F_Audio Connection

Options
  • 28-06-2004 10:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I am trying to hook up my front headphone and Mic ports to my mobo.

I need a cable, but I have no idea what type! :(

I have posted the F_Audio section of my mobo manual,

can anyone tell me what cabling I need?

cheers,
    /Kone

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ChipZilla

Erm, shouldn't your case have the wires already? Connected to the front mic and headphone ports?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Kone

Nope, no wires with the case or mobo..... :confused:

I am sure it's something I could pick up in Maplins or Peats but I just don't know
    the typer of cabling....

/Kone

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭BeatFreak

Chipzilla is right, you should have wires in your case. What outputs do you intend connecting the "missing" wires too? Do you have front panel audio on your case or is it a 5 1/2" bay with audio outputs? Because your manual is presuming that your case is pre-wired for front panel audio.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

What make/model of case do you have?

I intend connecting the "missing" wires (:cool:) to my front panel audio on my case.

I have already mailed the manufacturers of the case and mobo.

The mobo definitely did not come with the cable. However I have not heard back from the case company yet. I have a X-Speed Window Case ATX Black.

any help would be greatly appreciated,

/Kone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭BeatFreak

It sounds very strange that you didn't get audio connectors with your case. Any case I've worked with that has had front panel audio/USB/Firewire has always come pre-wired. Mind you it wouldn't be hard to make your own, any standard copper wire connected to the + and - on the MB and wired to the + - on the audio connector would do they job. Finding a temporary way of attaching the cables to the pins on the MB might be difficult. I'm not sure if you can buy the jumper like sockets, that you should have got on the cables, in shops. That would be the only awkward bit. :/

I bought the case second hand, I suspect that the original cable was pinched!

I guess I'll try maplins as I cannot find any premade cables on the net :(

Advertisement