Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shrek 2

• 28-06-2004 11:12am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭

I know this doesnt fall under the category of TV but I could find a cinema Forum.

Anyone seen this yet? Not sure whether to go see it or not - a mate of mine went to see if and said its not half as good as the first one. Hate watching sequels when they're not as good as the original.

Anyone disagree?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?forumid=18

film board :)

oh, and shrek2 is superior to 1 in every possible way... im not sure I stopped laughing the entire way through

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

Ah ok - thanks Mordeth - sorry about that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Originally posted by Mordeth
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?forumid=18

film board :)

oh, and shrek2 is superior to 1 in every possible way... im not sure I stopped laughing the entire way through

Agreed, my chest is actually sore from laughing so much.

Good stuff - thats what I wanted to hear - will go tonight so - thanks lads!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

Moved to films

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

I though Shrek 2 was a great movie and very funny, but no way in hell was it a better movie than the first one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

I agree with Venom. for me i enjoyed it but i thought the first one was way way better.

yeah - most people seem to be saying that - not as good as the first one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Going on wednesday night the Mots birthday will report back with my opinion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭timeout

I enjoyed it very much, laughed my head off, and I do think its beter then 1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Evil Sausage

Was actually disappointed with this one. Some hilarious scenes alright, but I definitely thought the 1st one was better, by a long shot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭Wacker

I thought it was about as good as the first one. I didn't think either were particularly good though. Not a patch on Pixar, in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 245 ✭✭Polonious

Saw it on sunday, definitely excellent film, but i wouldn't go so far as to say it's better than number one. I'd say there's more adult humour in it than the first one. Donkey rules in the punchline stakes!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 233 ✭✭istep

Probably just on a par with 1 .... although loved new PUSS ....in boots character

Going tonight, cant wait to see it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Originally posted by Venom
    I though Shrek 2 was a great movie and very funny, but no way in hell was it a better movie than the first one.

Have you watched the first one since? I did yesterday for the first time in about 2 years. You really appreciate the improvements in the second film afterwards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭gogo

watched it last night and loved it, thought it was really good, just as good as the first one. Some great new characters, puss, charming and jennifer saunders is great as the fairy godmother.

"d'ont mind if i do, lillian"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭shepthedog

First half an hour is prety rubbish but it picks up to some of its old brilliance then for rest... Not as good as first one but it would be v hard to better Shrek 1...

Still good laugh and well worth seeing...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I found this much better than the first one... I wasn't really a fan of the first one anyway...

There were 2 things that did annoy me about Shrek 2 though...

the horrible-horrible cover versions of "Ever Fallin Love" and "Changes"

And the fact that we got some sort of British cut of the film with some of the voices dubbed over with British celebrities instead of the original American voices, they were totally out of sync with the characters lip movements. They took out Joan Rivers and Larry King and replaced them with Jonathan Ross and someone else whose voice I didn't even recognise...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by monkeyfudge
    They took out Joan Rivers and Larry King and replaced them with Jonathan Ross and someone else whose voice I didn't even recognise...
    Kate Thornton. Still you probably saw Joan Rivers and that's the main thing (even if, like the Temple of Doom hat thing, it's now a joke so thoroughly overdone that it's almost expected).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I have no idea who Kate Thornton is....

Finally got to see it last night - thought it was just as funny as the first but no way better.

Donkey had some great one-liners =)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Naos

Seen S2 the other nite, good, but not as good as S1.
    The donkey rules. All. period.

His best line has to be from Shrek 1

Going down into shreks swamp for the 1st time

"Woo look at this place, its in a mess, imagine who'd live here"
    "I do donkey"
    "Oh wow, i love what you done with this rock right here shrek"

somehting like that, watch it again, f**king hilarious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,460 ✭✭✭Blisterman

I'm sure more people would recognise Joan Rivers to Kate Thornton.
    I don't even know who she is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

On a par with Shrek...what many people here have to remember is that you were *expecting* Shrek 2 to be the greatest movie experience this year, whereas Shrek was, in all honesty, a surprise hit.

Lesson: Expectation is a dangerous thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

Shrek 2 was much better than part one I thought :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭Runfree

Great movie.

Whether it is better or not I am not to sure.

Very funny though.

Shrek: pinocchio tell a lie.
    pinocchio: what do you want me to say?
    Shrek: Say your wearing girls underwear.
    pinocchio: I am wearing girls underwear!
    Shrek: Are you wearing girls underwear?
    pinocchio: I most definitly am not!
    Gingerbreadman: He is wearing a thong!

Thought that was priceless, never saw it coming.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

and there you go spoiling it for everyone who hasn't seen the film....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭Runfree

Spoiling it? Its in the trailer(im sure or was it the part in the making of shrek 2)

But anyway who would have thought Shrek 2 included a cross dressing puppet :D

• Advertisement

Saw it today. I thought it was excellant. Donkey was the best thing in it. It seems funny saying Eddie Murphy was the best thing in a film, after his recent output.

I loved the scene with dragon and her small surprise.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,891 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

'I'm a real boy!'

Classic line :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

I nearly wet myself watching Shrek 2. Much better than the first. Animation and laughs were a lot better. I loved Puss 'n Boots. Banderas does a great job. Can't wait for the DVD. I loved the 3 blind mice too. Classic!

I missed the final part which was on after the credits - no-one in the cinema realised that there was an extra bit on the end. Even the guy working in the cinema turned on the lights when the credits came on...

...so anyone who hasnt seen it - stay until after the credits!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭munkeehaven

the total over-saturation of the media took any enjoyment i could have away from me...:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Phil_321

Shrek 2, what's the big deal? The animation was pretty cool but I didn't really think the story was up to much. Maybe you had to see Shrek 1 to appreciate it but I didn't think there was much substance to the characters(except Donkey), particularly Shrek himself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Had seen all the funny parts in the ad's over and over... found it boring and the animation poor in places.

But first time I seen the ad's I thought they were halarious... just spoiled the movie for me :dunno:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭kirn

i knew nothing about it when i went, hadn't seen the first one and didn't know who did the voices (yes i know, out of touch.. i hadn't got that empire or total film...) but i went and we plesantly surprised.

"i'm a reeeeaal boooy"

and donkey were pretty funny.

actually, did anyone notice the amount of film references in it? there were loads! not kill bill loads now, but loads...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭neokenzo

My fav part is when donkey said "i'm sexehhh" LOL. Really good flick :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭Fuhrio

i thought the bit after the credits was absolute classic, and mildy important for the next too films too.

yes, there will be at least 2 more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭Atmosphere

Shrek 2 is hilarious, especially some of Donkeys lines. I couldn't stop laughing the whole way through the film.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭Dewey

I thought it was brilliant. I dont know if i would say its better the first one but there are alot more adult jokes in it. I dont think it was over hyped but the pressure is on for the third and forth ones. Donkey was again excellent with his one liners.

"Don't mind if i do, Lillian" the way he said that was so funny.
    I cant wait for the DVD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭petals

Shrek 2 is great.
    I saw it about a week or two ago and it was excellent.
    My fave bit is the part where they go pinohccio tell a lie etc it's soooo funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 blair_witch

i thought the music was great in Shreck 2....but i didnt see the first one so i cant really hav an opinion on if it was better or not! neone else love the music?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭Dewey

Originally posted by blair_witch
    i thought the music was great in Shreck 2....but i didnt see the first one

then why did you go see the second one if you didnt see the first one???
    I thought the music was great in Shrek 2, the music is also great in Shrek 1 but you wouldnt know that because you havent seen it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 blair_witch

i only saw the second one coz i was going on a date and i was told it wud be the best film to see just incase it was awkward....and it was good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭chewy

and who does the voice for the ugly sister some tv presenter or some int

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

Originally posted by chewy
    and who does the voice for the ugly sister some tv presenter or some int

Jonathon Ross. In the American version though it's someone else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭petals

i thought the music was great in Shreck 2....but i didnt see the first one so i cant really hav an opinion on if it was better or not! neone else love the music?
    I thought the music from the first film was better but the music from the second one was still good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

Originally posted by LFCFan
    Jonathon Ross. In the American version though it's someone else.

Larry King does the voice in the american version

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Cannt belive they dubbed out the voices whats the point... Jonathan Roos talks like a girl and Larry King sounds like he would kill you, compleatly diferant effect...

• Advertisement
Advertisement