Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Points issue

Options
  • 28-06-2004 11:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭

One Friday last month,my Dad was seriously ill, and my and the kid brother went to dublin to see him. Kid was driving the car, registered in the name of my dad. Dad died on the Monday.

Today - the brother just got a letter saying he was speeding on that day, and there was a fine and 2 points on the license.

If we pop a cheque in the post, will the points go onto Dads license...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Are you ****ing serious?

Tbh, I think that's completely messed up, but yes, it would go onto your Dad's licence.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

You're a sick little puppy, aren't you.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭grumpytrousers

You're a sick little puppy, aren't you.

Not at all. We all deal with death in different ways, and the only way I have of dealing with the loss of my Dad and his memory in general is to live/act as he would have wished. With a family who are finding his loss very hard to bear, this is more important then ever...

In this instance, he'd have laughed at 'pulling one over' on the system.

Certainly this isn't big, or clever, but as you folks don't know me, or never had the pleasure of meeting the Da, you'll have to take my word for it...

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Originally posted by grumpytrousers
    Not at all. We all deal with death in different ways, and the only way I have of dealing with the loss of my Dad and his memory in general is to live/act as he would have wished. With a family who are finding his loss very hard to bear, this is more important then ever...

In this instance, he'd have laughed at 'pulling one over' on the system.

Certainly this isn't big, or clever, but as you folks don't know me, or never had the pleasure of meeting the Da, you'll have to take my word for it...

:D:D:D Now I have heard it all :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ChipZilla

Unreal. But kinda funny at the same time... (To me anyway)

Sorry about your Dad BTW.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Man Time

I'm sure my pops would think exactly the same way about this kind of a situation. Sorry about your Dad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Gmodified

Sorry, about the DA.

Forget the fine , go and light a candle for your dad maybe buy some flowers.

Fine or speeding points will be the last thing you should worry about .

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Fair enough then. I really should have expressed my condolences in my earlier post, I was a bit shocked by your earlier post! To answer your question there is a facility to challenge the points if the actual driver of the vehical at the time of the offience can't be proved. I think.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Yea my dad would be the same.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Gmodified

there is a facility to challenge the points if the actual driver of the vehical at the time of the offience can't be proved.

Hallo, person in question is dead , case will be closed straight away. it's pointless even talking about it.

again, condolences

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,392 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Condolences, but what happens when your mother finds out about this?

Take the rap like a man.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭mudflapgirl

TBH I don't think anybody is going to argue about the points in this instance - but if your bro was to own up and say it was him driving the car at the time the points would be put onto his license not your, eh, Da's.

There has been cases reversed where points were put onto ppls license's when they were nowhere near a car at the time. Ask for a photo evidence from the camera (more difficult if it was a Garda patrol that snapped him) and look carefully at both the car and driver. Sometimes the reg is slightly off (ie 05 KE 2204 instead of 05 KE 2024 and so on) or the car is the wrong colour/make/model - the list can go on.

Advertisement