Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTV newsgroup

• 28-06-2004 11:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me how to access this from my work pc? Do I need to login with my username and password?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

The news server, afaik, is IP restricted. So unless you connect via UTV in work you'll just get permission denied or something similar when you try to connect to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭kin9pin

thanks, I wondered if that was the case.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

UTV confirmed in the newsgroup a little while ago that it cannot be accessed externally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Newsgroup? How doeso ne connect to this/.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Add news.utvinternet.com in whatever newsreader programme you use.
    Then when you download the list of available newsgroups look for utv.support.

Incidentally UTV dont supply a full newsgroup service if you want access to all newgroups register at www.news.individual.net and that will take care of things for you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement