Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Q&A: Is John Bowman Biased???

• 28-06-2004 11:55am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 344 ✭✭

Over the years I have seen John Bowman become more and more partisan. Constantly he will give unacceptable credit to Conservative/FF views while put opposition views under intense scrutiny. Mr. Bowman in many ways acts like the Chair of the Dail. It is vailed bias. But it is there.

Should we not question the place of the Chairs of Public Debate in Irish society more. It is critical to the freedom of speech and expression that our CHairs remain independent and unbiased.

This is particularly topical considering the Recent Coleman V Bush debacle...

Is John Bowman an Independent unbiased Chairman? 8 votes

Yes, He is biased
    0% 0 votes
    No, He is unbiased
    62% 5 votes
    Not Sure
    37% 3 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Chaos-Engine

Did you see him during the Smoking Ban Debate. He was a complete facist.

Perhaps it had something to do with his membership and leading role in ASH ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭grumpytrousers

Should we not question the place of the Chairs of Public Debate in Irish society more.

We should, but like arguing anything else on t'internet, it's largely pointless....

To paraphrase somebody else of this parish said, the average leftie will be convinced, no matter what evidence is put before them, that RTE is staffed by a load of un-reconstruced Thatcherites, who when not espousing wholesale Free Market guff are at least tacitly endorsing the FF/PD alliance

Meanwhile, PD/FF'ers when faced with the self same broadcaster would have you believe that they're all a shower of Bolshieviks and the sooner somebody goes in there and makes them
    a) stop eating meusli
    b) shave
    c) stop wearing sandals

the better...

Ultimately, 'tis all a matter of perception...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

well, grumpy, I'd consider myself liberal, and I would say that RTE is full of liberals too, and ones who seem to let their personal feelings spill into their work too often (although not always).

Saying that, there are right wingers too, but not as many.
    I dont watch Prime Time enough to judge on Bowman, though, I always seem to miss it...

flogen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Originally posted by flogen

I dont watch Prime Time enough to judge on Bowman, though, I always seem to miss it...

Thats alright, he's on Questions and Answers! :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

Originally posted by doodle_sketch
    Thats alright, he's on Questions and Answers! :D

yeah, I knew that... just thought I'd mention the whole Prime Time thing...:D

*cough* LOOK! A GIANT HORSE WITH WINGS AND A HUMAN FACE!
    /me runs away.

flogen

• Advertisement
Advertisement