Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Minibus rental

Options
  • 28-06-2004 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I've just got my tickets for Oxegen, and I was thinking of trying to rent a minibus for the weekend. Trouble is, judging by the websites, its pretty damn expensive once you go over a 6-seater. Anyone know any cheap minibus rental in the north east?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Gmodified

get a transit van and few sofas:)

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Originally posted by mr_angry
    Hi,

I've just got my tickets for Oxegen, and I was thinking of trying to rent a minibus for the weekend. Trouble is, judging by the websites, its pretty damn expensive once you go over a 6-seater. Anyone know any cheap minibus rental in the north east?
    Depends on how many you need to fit. You could try rent a taxi-style minivan that you can drive on a car licence. They carry up to 8 people afaik.

If you're old enough, it may be cheaper to hire two of them instead of a bus. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

Originally posted by seamus
    Depends on how many you need to fit. You could try rent a taxi-style minivan that you can drive on a car licence. They carry up to 8 people afaik.

Thats what I'm talking about basically. On every rentals site I go to, they are classed as Hi-Ace / VW Van, and cost €500 bucks for a 3-day rental. Pretty steep.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Originally posted by mr_angry
    Thats what I'm talking about basically. On every rentals site I go to, they are classed as Hi-Ace / VW Van, and cost €500 bucks for a 3-day rental. Pretty steep.

Ah. In that case you may be better off with actual minibus hire, as in little bus-shaped thing with a free driver. It's not cheap afaik, but if you fill the thing (get mates of mates, everyone you can find going to Oxygen) then it's cheaper than a train, and more craic than Bus Eireann.

It also means that everyone can drink, not just the driver(s).

Advertisement