Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

legally obliged...

Options
  • 28-06-2004 12:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭

it's great...
    all radio commercial stations are now legally obliged to spin our single in accordance of playing chart music...
    The MK-II single Brand New Star has entered the irish charts at 27 this week and hopefully with a bit of luck and your support we can make it climb higher this week...if you haven't bought it yet, please go out and buy it this week in your local HMV store or Tower Records or Road Records...it's only 3 quid and you're doing your part to squash the stagnant irish pop culture !!!
    Cheers,
    Chris

it looks like this and has a cool video on it too, filmed around dublin, you may even see yourself in it !!!
    mk2_single_cover.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Legally obliged? How did you manage to swing that one? Best of luck with it in any case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭monkey lover

I love that song!

I shall be purchasing that as soon as i find €3 from somewhere!

Are you a member of the band chris?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭T.B.L.

yo chris: been listening to the major radio stations all morning and nothing of either of us (beautiful losers :witches float number 28) , looks like we'll be going to court so :)

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭kranog

I am Monkey....I'm the lead guitarist...
    By Legally Obliged, I mean that all commercial radio stations that play chart music will have to play us at some point during a chart week...apparently !!!
    That could of course mean once....or it could mean simply a mention or a sample or if pested enough with texts....it could mean very regular spins !!!
    Either way, get buying & texting !!! :D
    Chris

What was it like playing on the 98FM chat show?

I was listening to it that night and you guys RAWKED!!!

• Advertisement

Thanx....who is this though ??? Do I know you ???
    It was fun, best part was ripping the piss outta yer man the DJ....Tom Brannigan, I did the same show before with Juno Falls a few months back, my mom called in live on air...was pretty embarrasing !!!
    Chris

No, you dont know me. I've jsut heard your song and i was just happening to be listening to 98FM that night.

You were in Juno Falls too?:D

I was playing guitar for the lads for a while...was an 'amacable', I'm sure I spelled that wrong, decision that I leave, though I'll probably be playin' guitar with them again in blotooth for a few shows fairly soon !!!
    Well cheers for diggin' our single, our album will be out in the coming months, send a mail to info@mark2.com if you'd like us to keep you up to date with what we are doing !!!
    Take Care...
    Chris

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Originally posted by kranog
    By Legally Obliged, I mean that all commercial radio stations that play chart music will have to play us at some point during a chart week...apparently !!!

does that include a spin at like 3AM, because otherwise it seems a bit pointless really...

congratulations anyway. will check it out, promise!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Steve Conway

Congratulations guys, I've been hoping for this breakthrough for you for sooo long. And I never minded giving you a spin even before I was legally obliged to :)

Now, any chance of a re-issue of "No Return" to get that in the charts too?

• Advertisement

Hahaha...Sure dude....actually, that was done for the album and sounds seriously good...though clocks in at just under 5 mins....doesn't that rule it out as a single ???
    Tellin' ya man, times have changes, GN'R could release November Rain (8:13) and have it played everywhere only 10 years ago....****...was that really over ten years ago...I'm gettin' old !!! :confused:
    Chris

Advertisement