Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Mobile Connect Card

Options
  • 28-06-2004 12:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭

I bought an unlocked Vodafone Mobile connect card in Ebay. It came with the vodafone software. I bought a RTG Sim and called and activated the sim for GPRS and when i connect thru the software, it says Subscription error: contact provider. hwen I called Vodafone, they say GPRS is activated and I cant use the connect card on RTG.

Is there any software I could use to get this card working for other sims like O2 or meteor. This is frustrating.. I google'd and there isn't any software for this.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

hi, yeah Vodafone don't offer GPRS ISP services to pre-pay users (just WAP and MMS) at present...

O2 does allow pre-pay users to connect to GPRS ISP services, so if you can use a SIM from them you would still need to be able to configure the software/driver to set up the O2 connection...

If the card is based on the GlobeTrotter from Option, they say they only support their own branded card...
    http://www.option.com/support/login.shtml

Alternatively the card may be based on the Sierra Wireless 750:
    http://www.sierrawireless.com/ProductsOrdering/AC750_GSM.asp

Bear in mind pre-pay GPRS usage can be quite expensive here, may be worth going onto a contract for better rates... once you've check your set-up is compatible

BrianG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭bender

its based on options. wondering what kind of software to use to get connected to O2 GPRS. is there a generic software to use with the card?

got it working.. all i had to do was to setup a new profile and put in the APN for O2 and their DNS servers. works like magic. thanks

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

whats the best speed possiable on these thiing's?

is there a usb-style thing for sdesktop user's?

get about 40k speeds and i used to use a BT GPRS before. This seems to be much better and handy enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

The 3G mobile connet card was released today as it happens.

Advertisement