Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Site Check

Options
  • 28-06-2004 1:19pm
    Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,939 Mod ✭✭✭✭

ok - my turn to get pulled apart - do your best folks!
    www.bmwreference.com
    [I have tried it on MSIE, Opera & Mozilla & it seems to work fine. Don't know about higher screen size as my pc here in work don't let me over 800*600 :( . Anyone with a Mac?]
    Thanks
    Killian

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Ermm.. only you know how useful it could/will be, but if you have a good collection of regularly checked links, then I'd imagine it could be useful.

The style is very basic or, rather, non-existant. It looks like an out-of-the-box open source solution with little effort to general theme. When you get time, perhaps you could work on the general theme/layout of the site, rathar than it being just a technical looking listing application with a BMW logo stuck in as an after thought.

Making it valid HTML/xHTML will also help make it work on alternative browsers.

Interestingly, one of the Google ads was for Saab spares!!!

.cg

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,939 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Cheers cg.
    Im not looking for an overly flashy or graphical site - I primarily want users to be able to find what they are looking for easily. I will however, try and re-jig the (non-existent) style.
    All links will be monitored and the (as yet incomplete) report broken link facility will help [hopefully].
    The homepage is valid xhtml - just need to tidy up code in other pages to ensure this accross the range.

I assume the Google/Saab links are just in relation to the cars theme.

Any other comments?

Advertisement