Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I.E. 6 - missing favorites?!

Options
  • 28-06-2004 1:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭

Hi all,
    Hope someone can help me with this before I toss the pc out the window.
    I'm running win2k with ie6. Up until last week, I had 20+ favorites in my 'favorites' folder. I'm been doing bit 'n bobs on the pc since then, but nothing major that would affect OS or apps (so i thought).

Now, when I click on favorites within ie6, the only entry is the 'links' folder, but it is also blank. When I browse via explorer to the location of my favorites(c:\docs&settings\me\favorites), they are still there, all intact, with no changes. They are all of .url type. Previous to this, as ye all know, I would click 'favorites' within ie and I would get the lovely drop-down list with my 20+ favorites.

I added the favorites folder to the start menu to see if i could go-around it that way, but same story. No favorites, just the blank links folder.

No I have no idea what I did to offend ie6 that it would rob me of my favorites. I know I can browse via explorer to get at the favorites, but a solution to this would make things waaaay easier for me.

Many thanks in advance.

K.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Diddy Kong

when you open ie, click favorites and right click on the links folder and open it, see if your favories are in that favorites dir, if not try copying them in....hope this helps

Advertisement