Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Colt Check Engine Light.

Options
  • 28-06-2004 2:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

A friend of mine is a bit worried :confused: about the red check engine warning light coming up on the dash of her Mitsubishi Colt.

The car was lying idle for 4 days and when she started it up again this morning the light stayed on.

Is it a case of getting it looked at immediately or does she have a bit of time to get it sorted?

Thanks in Advance.

check_eng.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

Its always better and safer to get it checked just in case.

Saying that tho my friends Saab has that light on constantly and its running fine, could be just an electronic fault that has it on.

Get it checked tho just in case!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I agree with trotter_inc - bring it to a dealer who can diagnose the fault. May turn out to be nothing but then again...

On a different note - what is the other light beside it?

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭The_Scary_Man

Dunno I got this pic from another site. :)

Thanks for the info guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭sirlinux

Had a colt, this can happen when the battery is near flat, though get it checked!!

Advertisement