Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Things + The Mainline - Free gig - TBMC Mon 5th July.

Options
  • 28-06-2004 2:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭

STOP PRESS! Sorry I got tonight (28th June) and next Monday (5th July) mixed up earlier on... its definitely on Monday 5th July and not tonight.

Hey y'all,

This gig has nothing to do with me but being the oh-so-informative nerd that I am I thought I should pass on the info...

Monday 5th July
    Temple Bar Music Centre

The Things
    The Mainline
    The Business (I think)

Admission is free.
    Doors 8pm.

Should be a good gig - showcase for a number of labels so if you're in a band it might be an idea to get down there and try to sell your soul for an advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭luce

The Things? Free? I'll be there....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭memaeve

Good stuff, haven't seen The Things since a Doran's gig ages ago where my cousin abandoned me....:(
    I think The Mainline might've been playing at that too. :confused:
    Great start to my 1st week in work. :D
    xm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 michael_moloney

Just to say the third band on the bill are called "Business" not "The Business".

Kind of refreshing isn't it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭trevradiator

yeah super line up,check out www.thethings.moonfruit.com and www.mainlinemusic.com,both genius bands,i saw business at the hard working class heroes launch night,class...would luv to have them down at radiator

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭spoiltbrat

Originally posted by michael_moloney
    Just to say the third band on the bill are called "Business" not "The Business".

Kind of refreshing isn't it.

Yeah, sorry, I was told that it was Business but then someone told me they'd changed to a "The" band, and I thought it was kinda naff coz everyones doing that now... even The Mainline, who are a deadly band - didn't think they needed the "The" addition to the name.... oh well, apologies to Business - hope they've dropped the Kylie cover song and the hands waving thing, otherwise they were a good band when I saw them a while back.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Jolene

other way round actually

its just Mainline

they were The mainline when they started but no more

Get it right!

Originally posted by Jolene
    other way round actually

its just Mainline

they were The mainline when they started but no more

Get it right!

No its not - their last gig was "The" - unless they've changed back again.

I'm changing my name to The Spoiltbrat, no I'm not, yes I am, no I'm not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭memaeve

Won't make it to this after all. :(
    xm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭kirn

anyone go to this? any good?

i heard that the things were poo, mainline were good, business were good and the first band were poo.

things and mainline were both their usual brilliant,easily the best 2 live bands in the city

• Advertisement

Originally posted by kirn
    anyone go to this? any good?

i heard that the things were poo, mainline were good, business were good and the first band were poo.

The Things suffered a little from the lack of decent sound and some technical probs... very wierd night, I felt dirty on my way out - so much industry, so much bull****.

i hear ya,but wait til you see the boys at oxegen,really think they'll surpass anything we've seen of them so far

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Not a Things fan at all, and definatly not one of the best live bands in the city. It takes more than a hyper singer......

Advertisement