Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help!

• 28-06-2004 2:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 389 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

I'll be on Holiday from Sep 24th to Oct 14th (three weeks) and planning a trip...unfortunately, in this period of the year the wheather seems to be wet everywhere in the world....!

Can anybody suggest some destination when the whether is most likely to be good?

Cheers, Alex

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Badbonez

I will let you in on a secret, but don't tell anyone! San Francisco is the place for you. The weather during October and November is unbelievable. Clear skies, warm air temperature (like mid 70's farenheit, sometimes warmer so beware) and the city is fantastic as well. If I were chosing a destination at that time of year based on weather, I'd stick to SF.

Of course this isn't a guarantee. It's still a bay city so it gets it wet spells and heat spells! Last year mt wife and I went towards the end of October and the temperatures were in the mid 90's (that's like 35 celsius). Unfortunately, some of the pubs and cheaper hotels don't have air conditioners because they rarely need them. So it was a bit hot in the rooms and some pubs, but still, the place is great and was worth the trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭ArphaRima

South America. Kinda rocks then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 389 ✭✭Morello

Hi there, thanks for your posts :)

I should have been more specific... I'd like to go somewhere warm, Caribbean like... you know: beach, jungle, maybe some cool stuff to visit. I've been to South America three times and it's been amazing but unfortunately it seems that September/October it's rain season everywhere!

I was thinking of Madagascar right now even though it appears to be pretty dodgie for diseases and stuff...

Any other suggestions?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Lucy Lu

Hawaii. I am off there in September. I am told there is a chance of rain in late September so I am off the first week.

You should just decide where you would most like to see and go there, there is a chance of rain everywhere.

Enjoy (where-ever you end up)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Badbonez

Originally posted by Lucy Lu
    Hawaii. I am off there in September. I am told there is a chance of rain in late September so I am off the first week.
    I am pretty sure you will see rain for about two hours every day. That's just how Hawaii is. But it's not a cold rain, it's more like a warm shower so it doesn't stop you from enjoying your time. You don't need to pack an umbrella. Which island are you going to?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,523 ✭✭✭✭Victor

The Canaries tends to be good through most of the year, although it cools off in January-February.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Lucy Lu

Originally posted by Badbonez
    I am pretty sure you will see rain for about two hours every day. That's just how Hawaii is. But it's not a cold rain, it's more like a warm shower so it doesn't stop you from enjoying your time. You don't need to pack an umbrella. Which island are you going to?

I am heading to Honolulu. I am living in America till November so it is handy to get to Honolulu as there are direct flights from here. I dont really mind if it rains a bit.

Advertisement